Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411709 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 04:48:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuburban Scavengers - Tug of War Fighting Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Suburban Scavengers - Tug of War Fighting Game  (Read 286 times)
Doombrowski
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:43:18 PM »

Hello all. My name is Ryan Dombrowski. I am new to this forum but have heard that this is the place to be for game developers. I'm here to share a bit about my latest project Suburban Scavengers, a tug of war style fighting game where you're trying to get somebody's garbage couch into your house.

I keep an extensive development blog on my website Doombrowski.com and have since the game's inception in mid June of 2016. That's the best place to keep up with progress. If the community shows interest here, I will gladly copy the information from relevant posts here as well. I generally post twice per week.

Basically, Suburban Scavengers is a fighting game in the vein of Divekick and Nidhogg. The mechanics are very barebones and the gameplay is fast and intense. There is no health. The victor is decided by who successfully pushes the couch far enough into their house.

It is being created by myself alone using Game Maker. I did all of the music, sounds, art, animation, and programming. I will likely be bringing on an artist to help complete the full game quicker.

I recently showed Suburban Scavengers at the Orlando iX convention this past weekend (October 15th & 16th) and the response was pretty great. It took home the best narrative award and doesn't have a letter of dialogue. The stories were all created by the players. Some of them were pretty hilarious. 

I plan a early access demo with the single level seen in the video which is just head to head fighting over a couch. It will be available for free sometime in November 2016. I plan to later include more characters and objects to fight over with different interactions as well as a single player mode with a progression system similar to the old classic fighting games. I'm hoping for a Early 2017 release.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to see more content.

Thanks for your time.

_Doombrowski

Twitter
Facebook
Website

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic