Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411673 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 05:00:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[new game - unnamed] 2d top down overhead action game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [new game - unnamed] 2d top down overhead action game  (Read 357 times)
Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2016, 11:39:47 AM »

Hello TIG forum.

The game so far is going to be a 2d top down / overhead style of view, where you play as a cat.

Player mechanics
-melee attack in shape of a huge ass sword
-dodge roll

-maybe spell casting or some sort of helper spells like in witcher 3, where you have a wheel to choose spells from.
-special attack, like a dash strike that dashes to different targets and attacks them, currently it dashes to max 3 at a time, but if it’s too OP or weak ill change it.

-combo attack, first two attacks are quick but third takes a little longer, so you have to strategize your attacks

Enemies
-life 1-5 hits from the player
-it takes two quick attacks from the player before the enemy has cast their spell or done with the attack, so you can either finish them off or do a lot of damage before they get to damage you.

Enemy types
-charge towards player
-follow player around
-charge a shot up and fire it at the player’s last position

“Game feel”
-impact on hit: slight slow-mo and screenshake on third hit
-some sort of splatter or obvious hit feedback

Technical stuff
-enemies have A* pathfinding, I’m using aron granberg’s A* pathfinding here, as it’s really well optimized and it saves me time from writing it myself, which I’m struggling with.
-enemies stop abit before the player so they don’t run ontop of you, if you’re standing still
-enemies have line of sight, if ur behind a wall and not spotted they wont chase you, but if they spot you they’ll chase you until you’re x units away

-player does an arc attack, which is abit buggy atm
-for dash strike im using unity’s CircleCastAll and an index that increments when you land at the desired position

That's it for now! This is ofcourse an early prototype, so everything is subject to change. But this devlog helps me staying motivated.

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:38:05 PM by Jalapenosbud » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic