Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411646 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 07:56:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHappy Friends Museum
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Happy Friends Museum  (Read 598 times)
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2015, 12:35:18 PM »

Play the Game: Hondenkat Engine dot Com

Hello everyone! My next game using my Hondenkat Engine is called Happy Friends Museum. It is going to feature 10 levels (like all the other games I've made so far using the engine), but will also have another side room that is a small museum dedicated to the game history of Animal Crossing. This game is in a sense to honor the release one of my favorite game series and their upcoming new game release in September.

It's mainly a large reskin and "polishing" tasks, such as creating the new room and all of the original art for the museum plinth descriptions. This is where the bulk of the time will go. I will, however, be adding "avatar" functionality. This means the player can choose from a handful of avatars to use, which will be a feature I use to robustly the engine.

This is turning out to be a really fun fan project for me.

Play the Game: Hondenkat Engine dot Com
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:29:20 PM by alexandersshen » Logged
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 01:28:24 PM »

Just wanted to share that the game is all done! There was a lot of original artwork to do to honor one of my favorite game series Animal Crossing. The virtual museum portion was fun to do and its nice to be able to extend my engine into bigger things.

You can play the game here:
Hondenkat Engine
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »

Oh, neat!  I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan (Have a pretty decent collection, and I also speedrun AC GCN), and played around with this for a while.  I'd love to see some kind of fully fleshed out, interactive Animal Crossing memorial museum type thing, or even just more games that reference it I guess.

Cheers, and enjoy HHD on Friday!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic