Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 06:54:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBOSS MAGNUM - Boss Love & Bullet Hell
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BOSS MAGNUM - Boss Love & Bullet Hell  (Read 644 times)
pixelgriffin
Level 0

Developing With Love

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »

Intro
The best part about games is the big boss battle at the end. Why not play as that big boss?

Hello everyone, after LD33 ended I didn't really have anywhere to maintain a devlog outside of my own website so I thought this place would be perfect! I wrote the original game in 48 hours for LD33, and it was originally called SPACE JUNK. However, that name seems to be taken! I'm really looking for hardcore no holds barred feedback on the direction of game play. I'm still working out the specifics of how the game will maintain itself for hours.

BOSS MAGNUM
     BOSS MAGNUM revolves around the idea of playing as a Bullet Hell / Shmup boss rather than the conventional tiny ship. All bosses are randomly generated using parameters that are set by the player. The game relies on random generation for player progression and customization. Progressing through the game also allows for new variations on your boss.

Media
(More media @pixelgriffin)
Latest:

Old examples of generated bosses:

Alien skull?:

The old LD33 submission is still available for anyone to view, along with the source. However, there is no link for the latest updates currently.

Links

Thanks Coffee

Twitter: @pixelgriffin
Tangleworm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:00:27 PM »

Oh hey! I loved Space Junk and it's nice to see you're going forward with the idea!

If there's one idea that I think would really help the game, it would be more dynamic weapons; lots of turrets that rotated as they fired would create beautiful patterns, and likewise with lasers that revolved around theship.

pixelgriffin
Level 0

Developing With Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »

Oh hey! I loved Space Junk and it's nice to see you're going forward with the idea!

If there's one idea that I think would really help the game, it would be more dynamic weapons; lots of turrets that rotated as they fired would create beautiful patterns, and likewise with lasers that revolved around theship.

I'm so glad you liked it! I'm still poking at it a little each day!

I think having dynamic weapons is an excellent idea. I will definitely take that into consideration!

Twitter: @pixelgriffin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic