Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 08:50:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBoss N' Bullets !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Boss N' Bullets !  (Read 1252 times)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »

Hello Everyone ,

I'm doing a little bullet hell ... with matthew , matwek ( Pixel dude , you might know him ... )

It's a uni-boss game , 1 level , 1 boss ... where you can evolve by shooting ( Yep! You can drive chuck norris private spacejet !)

Quit babbling , here's a link !
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/89532891/Spaceship/index.html

I made 5 patterns for the boss , I would love you guys to help me design an AI , it's my first time doing so , maybe give me some suggestions ...

For people who don't like reading ... Basically , I'm asking you to help me set an attack AI for the boss of this game ..

Thanks a lot !

Giovanni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »

I recommend giving the player a checkpoint after every stage instead of just the midpoint to make it easier to play test. Aside from that, the perspective was a nice change of pace for a bullet hell shooter. My only complaint was that it becomes harder to dodge bullets when in the upper left and right quadrants. Would it be possible to keep the ship in the middle and make the Boss and its bullets turn instead when you used "A" and "D"? In other words, the ship would stay in the same place while everything else rotated.

The evolving feature was a bit downplayed considering I had only one life, and there is only one enemy. It's hard to notice the difference between evolution stages when you don't have regular enemies that will die faster upon "evolving-up" and when the boss has to be defeated on one life. If you implemented multiple lives, the player would feel less powerful when they respawned without the evolutions.

As for boss patterns, I wasn't able to beat the second pattern after the checkpoint. It seemed a bit too random.

All in all, it was a really fun 20 minute game!
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:43:27 AM »

The game is on Gamejolt !

http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/bullet-hell/13135/

Fixed a lot of issues , thanks for all the feed back !

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »

It says I won after 00:00:01 minutes.  Yay?
TestTrek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »

Fun and kind of addicting, but its so easy to die. Maybe add some powerups?
Switchblade Monkeys
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 12:29:55 AM »

Wow! Fun but hard. I found it difficult because the keyboard controls are so sensitive!
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 08:48:30 AM »

Thanks for all feedback , It's kind off a game made in 1 week , so there's not a lot of additions ...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic