Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 09:39:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLooking for testers for Rodney (7DRL)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for testers for Rodney (7DRL)  (Read 716 times)
Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:15:26 AM »

Hello people!

I'm looking for people to help me test the 7DRL version of Rodney.

You can find it at http://games.slashware.net/rodney

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:36:15 AM by Slash - Santiago Zapata » Logged

TestTrek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 05:40:04 PM »

Interesting Concept. I just wish the light radius was larger so I could see more of the screen easier. Its so easy for me to get lost.
ferretter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 08:37:12 PM »

Very enjoyable; I like the combat & skill progression system a lot. The small inventory and the item system work very well for a 'quick' RL. A few things I found after playing a bit;
  • The assault skill allows you to step into and out of a wall tile while running. This takes a single turn, and does not end the running status. If the wall jump or backflip skill is taken, this glitch(?) is overridden for those specific circumstances.
  • Giant Ants seemed to be very common, while strength potions (understandably) weren't. You may want to (very slightly) skew the RNG towards what the player needs.
  • Giant Ants' attacks didn't always seem to always give the 'You feel weaker.' message when sapping your strength.
  • Charge and jump attacks can occur simultaneously; I'm not sure this is intended.
  • I was once killed by a centaur in the span of time between selecting to drink a health potion and the healing effect. It seems viewing the inventory is an action in itself, and I'm not sure it should be.
  • You can keep the running status while standing still.
  • I'm not 100% sure about this one, but it seems charge/jump doesn't always occur when 'Running' is shown.
  • I never had a sense of how hard I was being hit. You may want to display the change in health over the last turn in red next to the HP. Something like  HP  84/100 -12. Or maybe just give some sort of visual indication when health is low (under 25%?).
Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:36:05 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! I'll incorporate some enhancements on next version.

UPDATE: Since bluehost sucks (our account was blocked for being a "malware distributor") we have moved this to our private servers. new location is http://games.slashware.net/rodney

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic