Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 12:38:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAI Micro Battles Alpha -- Write AI code to fight small RTS battles
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: AI Micro Battles Alpha -- Write AI code to fight small RTS battles  (Read 734 times)
asuth
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:52:36 AM »

https://mod.it/4ygJg6w0

This game is very young (alpha or earlier) but I am looking for feedback both on the overall concept and the game as it stands now.

The basic idea is it is an RTS where you can write the AI for your own units and compete against the enemy AI or eventually against other players AI's.  I have lots of ideas for how to expand and improve it but I want to get some player feedback now so I know what direction to go in.

I have a bunch of game modes in mind, but currently only the gauntlet mode is implemented.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, particularly on anything that was confusing / difficult.  It would also be very helpful if you could tell me, (a) is the game fun and (b) what was most fun about it.

Thanks!

-asuth
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:44:39 AM by asuth » Logged
TestTrek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:30:02 AM »

fun game. the ai is tough to beat though. I wish editing his code was simpler.
asuth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:31:49 PM »

thanks for the feedback!

I went ahead and added a tutorial campaign level to hopefully make learning how to write the AI code a bit more tractable, let me know if that would have helped you at all.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic