Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 01:08:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95939 times)
Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2011, 04:49:47 AM »

Have another  bug, in fact its more of gameplay issue. When both teams have eachothers flag, nobody can make a point and both teams can hide in their Spawn Rooms. In that way you can stall the game indefinitly. Of course you can try to make some kind of truce with the other team, but you can be certain that this is not going to work. I think that it would be better if people who have a flag are unable to enter their own Spawn Room.

Oh, and I want to drop the line I said about the Levitating Mines. They are awesome items and you should keep them like this. You can create very nice strategies with them.

nakgranoth: Ik zal zien wat ik kan doen. (I shall see what I can do).

:D

~Qqwy/accident  Smiley

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
mdogx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2011, 05:13:11 AM »

(clumsily translated from Russian online translator for Google)

I have prepared a draft of the translation.
It would be ideal to connect it externally)

If you have any recommendations on the length of words - for example, specify them with an * in the text, try to find a synonym for a smaller length.

books.23rd.ru\others\Russian.txt
Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2011, 06:16:49 AM »

If you have any recommendations on the length of words - for example, specify them with an * in the text, try to find a synonym for a smaller length.

Your link seems to be broken... Sad.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:17:14 AM by Qqwy » Logged

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
mdogx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2011, 06:34:05 AM »

Strange, works for me)
Try without "www":
http://books.23rd.ru/others/Russian.txt

Or here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4558995/others/Russian.txt
mdogx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2011, 06:38:12 AM »

(still translated from Russian online translator for Google)

By the way, version 1.73 for some unknown reason I can not create your own server. Does not respond to pressing "Create Publi game ". In a chat write that the problem is not with me alone.
Urist McDorf
Level 0

CR 12 Ruskie Werebear

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:48 AM »

Your link seems to be broken... Sad.

That's because he wrote \ instead of /
Comments on the translation:
It's "присоединиться"
I'd advise finding a better translation for cybermason, like, say, "строитель" or "шахтер", because just transliteration is... ugh.
"Cloaker" could be translated as "плащ-хамелеон" or something akin to that. I admit it's hard to find a translation for that that still fits the text field.
I can't seem to find a better translation for "dirt bomb", either, but what it is now sounds a bit wrong.
Why not use the direct translation for the word "orb", "шар"?
I assume you didn't use "вертолет" for "chopper" because of the lack of space?
"Экскаватор" is completely wrong, because it's named after a different core principle of digging than what is used by the digger.
There are some minor typos but I assume they'll be fixed.
* Urist McDorf is useless and can only give sagely (not really) advice because someone was faster than him.
piper65
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2011, 08:29:55 AM »

I think that it would be better if people who have a flag are unable to enter their own Spawn Room.

I second that.

Also, I can translate it to spanish if you are interested in more localization
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »

I agree wholeheartedly with the spawn point, and with all of Qqwy's suggestions apart from the coloured nicknames. Tongue (Music is being composed by shojin so I don't think I need help for that!)

Version 1.74 coming up tonight, with emphasis on adding bugfixes, Russian and small finetuning.

(As a side note, I'd never have thought that those three courses of Russian I took would come in handy at a time like this! Knowing the cyrillic letters is a big help here.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:17:04 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2011, 11:38:35 AM »

DERRP.

I just found out that MMF 2 doesn't support cyrillic letters by default! You need to buy unicode letters as an add-on that costs a whopping 50 bucks. So yeah, that means that any non-stationary text (class descriptions, chat text, player nicknames) can't be turned to Russian. I'm really sorry about this but it's kinda unrelated to me at the moment. I'll see if I'll buy the unicode add-on.

Basically this means that getting Russian into the game costs 50 $.
At the moment I lack the money, but later on I'll be able to make it.
If someone wants to support the addition, feel free to donate at www.hempuli.com! Blame Clickteam for this. Droop

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »

I made a dutch translation of the text:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmv0f90i39caaiv/Dutch%20Text%20of%20Masjin.txt

(Note, the original english text isn't shown anymore... if you want to I can change that back.)

A few notes:

-It could be that on some points the text is too long.
-I did not translate the word Cybermason. I don't know of any dutch word for it, and I think Cybermason itself simply sounds great.
-I hope I did not make any major mistakes about the meaning of the text. i.e, disconnecting from a game and disconnecting from the internet have two different words. However, it was hard to know wich meant wich.
-You missed 'Ninja' in the wordslist, altough that would be Ninja in Dutch too Tongue.

Hempuli: Would it be okay if I try to make some interesting music for Masjin?

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2011, 01:36:19 PM »

1.74 is here. Updates:

• Bugfixes galore
  • I tried to do the fixes to the lobby that Qqwy suggested, but they do not seem to work! Harrumph
  • Two new research subjects, 'building' and 'yield'!
  • You can no longer take the flag to the spawn point

VERSION 1.74b GET!

As I said, there's no language selection right now because of that freaking stupid 'add-on' thing. Basically I need 50 bucks to implement it! If you want to help, check the paypal button at the bottom of www.hempuli.com!

EMERGENCY UPDATE:
Whoops, broke a lot of stuff. Sorry! Fixed them now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:23:27 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

ƒƒƒ
Level 0

(it's magic)

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »

This was the bug I was having, Hempuli:
I couldn't leave red spawn. It was very odd.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2011, 03:06:10 PM »

I think I know what causes that. And for curiosity, here's the changelog related to you for that round:

ƒƒƒ joined the game!
ƒƒƒ left the game!
ƒƒƒ joined the game!
ƒƒƒ has chosen the blue team!
ƒƒƒ has been assigned to the red team!
ƒƒƒ has to select his/her team!

Read from top to bottom. Kinda curious. And it newer showed answers to those three 'ƒƒƒ has to select his/her team!' -messages!

ƒƒƒ
Level 0

(it's magic)

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »

I've reversed my opinion on turrets, they are a bit very game-breaking in CTF.

Do rockets do bonus damage to turrets? They should. I think that would be a very elegant solution to the turret problem. They'd still be good, but it would help stop turret clumping, and would give rockets more of a use. As it is, there's almost no reason to get a rocket instead of one of the various types of bombs.
mdogx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »

translated from Russian online translator for Google)

Urist McDorf, thank.
This is a rough translation to clog the line. Edit a file before the release of course you need. In addition cybermason seems wonderful name)

Hempuli‽
I hope the problem will be solved. While perhaps realizing Russian site with a manual on Maszhin)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2011, 12:25:46 AM »

ƒƒƒ, good point since the missiles already do extra damage to vehicles. Added!

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2011, 12:41:23 PM »

I've had a really busy day today, so no update! Sorry guys. The next update will feature another new gamemode, the one I originally planned for the game: 'hold the oddball'!
It has been already suggested by others in this very thread, but the idea is basically holding a specific item for a set time, kinda like a mix of CTF and Control point with only one flag.

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2011, 12:59:32 PM »

I only saw one bug today Tongue :

While being a Red Ninja (both Cloaks active) and having a Spy ID, I suddently got the Red Flag. Maybe the engine wrongly assumed that I was the blue player who just had the flag... I don't know. I do know however that I couldn't bring the flag back to our place, and I couldn't score a point for blue. When I was killed, the blue people were unable to reclaim their flag. Strange...

And also, no problem with not having an update this day. I mean, the amount of about six updates a week is astonishing. We can see that you really care for this project, and that's great  Wink! Thanks, Hempuli.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »

While being a Red Ninja (both Cloaks active) and having a Spy ID, I suddently got the Red Flag. Maybe the engine wrongly assumed that I was the blue player who just had the flag... I don't know. I do know however that I couldn't bring the flag back to our place, and I couldn't score a point for blue. When I was killed, the blue people were unable to reclaim their flag. Strange...

And also, no problem with not having an update this day. I mean, the amount of about six updates a week is astonishing. We can see that you really care for this project, and that's great  Wink! Thanks, Hempuli.

If something like that happens, ask the host to press F1! In fact I'd be happy to see if the emergency button works at all Tongue
Thanks for the compliments!

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »

If something like that happens, ask the host to press F1! In fact I'd be happy to see if the emergency button works at all Tongue
Thanks for the compliments!

F1 only works for the host? Okay Smiley.

Another small problem we just found out. There was this guy (named drumms, not that it matters). He was claiming to have huge lag, but he moved EXTREMELY fast in Masjin, and he shot EXTREMELY fast as well. He was some kind of superperson, being everywhere at once and killing everybody and then disappearing again. I don't know what was happening, if he really had lag, if he was using some kind of autoclick software or that something else was happening.

Oh, and another tiny bug: When pressing down and then Z to put an item down where you are standing, when the room you are standing is only 1 space high, the item will swoop up trough the ceiling until the next open place.

Smiley.

Have a nice evening. I will be gone the next couple of days, at family for easter. So... enjoy my absence or something?  Tongue. I'm eager to find out how Masjin is after these few days   Hand Shake Left Smiley Hand Shake Right!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic