Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 04:11:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95943 times)
shig
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2011, 03:54:16 PM »

im showing this game to a few friends of mine and it would be really cool if more people showed up on the lobby right about now !!!! 
shig
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »

for some reason this thing is not working at all. we cant find each other's servers and apparently there's no games going on.

also joining a private game is sort of confusing
Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »

for some reason this thing is not working at all. we cant find each other's servers and apparently there's no games going on.

also joining a private game is sort of confusing

Strange.

Do you guys are sure that:
-You have the same version
-You have seen the 'joined the lobby chat' after connecting in Masjin.
-You have tried refreshing a few times to see the game of te other person.
-You don't have a older version of Masjin.(games made in newer versions of Masjin are invisible for older versions to prevent game-breaking)

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
GLaDOS
Level 0

I am still alive!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2011, 03:33:49 AM »

to play on a private game what you have to do is:
know what you are calling the game
one person sets the game settings and clicks [join/create private game]
the other person makes sure the name is the same and [click join/create private game]
lasttea999
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2011, 04:08:44 PM »

Suggestions:

-An option for game hosts that lets both teams start with all upgrades. I think this would result in two different kinds of Masjin we can enjoy.

-A suggestion from someone I met through Masjin: a "socialize" game mode that has no win condition. Players can dig and build as they like, and just have fun. This would be one place where the "all upgrades" option would come in handy.

-An option for game hosts that makes it so it doesn't cost any money to build blocks. This would also come in handy for socialize mode.

-An in-game display, maybe displayed in small letters over the score, that tells players what game mode the current game is in. So for Capture the Flag it would say:

Capture the Flag
10 10

EDIT:
-"Dual mode," a mode where the first team to fulfill either the CTF objective or the KotH objective wins. I think this would be boring in many situations, but with lots of players this sounds awesome. You'd have to balance the score numbers so it's neither objective is easier to fulfill than the other.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:19:42 PM by lasttea999 » Logged

GLaDOS
Level 0

I am still alive!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2011, 06:21:57 AM »

-yes
-yes
-and buying items?
-yes
-awesome idea
and how about buildable team bricks(so one team can go through and the other cant)
and sellable items?
(1/2 or 3/4 their original price[may lead to stealing items?{more spy fun!}])
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:59:35 AM by GLaDOS » Logged
nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »

Hey Hempuli,

Yesterday i had some problems with the team balance.
One time it was 1 against 5 when the game started and the other time 2-4.

Maybe it's because, when a couple of people end up on the level chosing screen at the same time it won't recognize that somebody allready chose the collor and thus sending you to the same team.
GLaDOS
Level 0

I am still alive!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »

came across a little problem on ctf, if you resawn while holding the flag your stuck.
you cant cross your own walls
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2011, 09:54:50 AM »

May I suggest auto fire on pressing down the attack button? My finger is dead...

Master of all trades.
Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2011, 10:55:51 AM »

I'm back from Germany. Lets see what has happened here...

Suggestions:

-An option for game hosts that lets both teams start with all upgrades. I think this would result in two different kinds of Masjin we can enjoy.
-Giving both teams a HUGE sum of money to start with has about the same result.

-A suggestion from someone I met through Masjin: a "socialize" game mode that has no win condition. Players can dig and build as they like, and just have fun. This would be one place where the "all upgrades" option would come in handy.
Sounds like fun to me. Altough some people wouldn't like it probably...

-An option for game hosts that makes it so it doesn't cost any money to build blocks. This would also come in handy for socialize mode.
-Just as your first point, when you have gazillions of money, this doesnt really matter.

-An in-game display, maybe displayed in small letters over the score, that tells players what game mode the current game is in. So for Capture the Flag it would say:
-That would be a great idea.  Smiley

Capture the Flag
10 10

EDIT:
-"Dual mode," a mode where the first team to fulfill either the CTF objective or the KotH objective wins. I think this would be boring in many situations, but with lots of players this sounds awesome. You'd have to balance the score numbers so it's neither objective is easier to fulfill than the other.
-I was thinking about this myself as well. I think it wold be awesome, but it might get confusing. I'd love to try it out a few times, however.

(Responses are in bold)

Then I have a questions for Hempuli as well:
-Might a game with more than 14 players be possible at some point? Or are there some hard-coded issues with that exept the lag that a bad internet-connection of certain hosts could create?
-I still think that it would be great to (maybe game hosts can turn this on/off)) make stuff bought in the other base cost money of the other team.
-Make the unlocking of vehicles slower, the Loyality Chip cheaper, and creat an upgrade to increase the stealing time of vehicles. You might even make scientists faster-stealers or something. Could be interesting.

@GLaDOS: Seems to be a bug caused by the fixing of the earlier flag-in-spawn-room bug. The game still thinks you have the flag and so doesn't let you move trough the spawnroom walls.

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
lasttea999
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2011, 06:06:36 PM »

Well. Personally, when you're building stuff with lots of starting minerals, I'm still not too fond of the idea of a finite supply of minerals. So being able to give all upgrades sounds fun.

I still like the idea of using the opponent's minerals at their shops, but it sounds like that could be pretty overpowered in certain situations.

EDIT: It'd be interesting to be able to see the opponent's mineral count, even if it's only when you're at their base.

shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2011, 07:46:47 PM »

I come bearing gifts of updates on the musical front. The main update is to the gameplay track itself that some of you play test. To future comments on the main theme (k): I know that the organ is too loud now. Also, all of the guitar is scratch tracks that will get replaced later.

http://soundcloud.com/redshojin/sets/masjin-wip/

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2011, 08:56:42 PM »

I have dreamed there are chickens in this game, you must add chickens!!!
(Oh and auto fire, please!)

Master of all trades.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »

I haven't felt like working on this for a while again, but let's see if I could get some updates going soon.

-The 'sandbox' -mode sounds nice, but I agree that removing prices would be a bit redundant since the maximum money amount covers everything anyway.
-The gamemode tooltip is a good idea.
-Currently the 14-player limit is partially hardcoded, so it wont be changed anytime soon.
-No chickens.
-I guess I agree about the unlocking. It's quite slow already, but the loyalty chips could be more useful.
-buying stuff with enemy money is something that is doable, even quite easy, but I really fear it'd make the game really imbalanced. Even currently a team with a couple good players can dominate, but that'd be even worse if they could just buy useless junk with all the money of the other team.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »

1.75 is out! Changelog:
  • Two new gamemodes, sandbox and 'hold the flag', the latter of which may be horribly broken!
  • bugfixes
  • Some price balancing

A relatively small update, I guess, but it's better than nothing.

VERSION 1.75 GET!

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »

we were playing some sandbox and First:
There was a counter for the CP for 2 of the players, the host didnt see it.

Second:
It would be really freakin awwsome if you could save the levels and later load them and play cp in it or capture the flag. Maybe just save it into an xml file and load it from the client pc?

i could use my hangar!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:22:23 PM by nahkranoth » Logged
GLaDOS
Level 0

I am still alive!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »

in relation to the spending enemy money idea, if you combined it with my idea of being able to sell items it may balance it a bit?
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2011, 05:01:56 AM »

we were playing some sandbox and First:
There was a counter for the CP for 2 of the players, the host didnt see it.

Second:
It would be really freakin awwsome if you could save the levels and later load them and play cp in it or capture the flag. Maybe just save it into an xml file and load it from the client pc?

i could use my hangar!

This is very much doable. Implementing it for the next version. Also, the counter bug is just my own mistake; fixing that as well.

in relation to the spending enemy money idea, if you combined it with my idea of being able to sell items it may balance it a bit?
On the other hand, a dominating team could buy expensive stuff, like helicopters, with the other team's money, then fly them to their own base and sell them. So no, I don't think that'd really help the situation. Sad

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2011, 06:33:26 AM »

I am sorry to be nagging about this, but am I the only one his fingers get tired(painful) after playing a bit?
I find it hard to shoot rapidly after a while, it's very high rate bullets and you have to press for each one. :/

Master of all trades.
nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2011, 06:41:14 AM »

I am sorry to be nagging about this, but am I the only one his fingers get tired(painful) after playing a bit?
I find it hard to shoot rapidly after a while, it's very high rate bullets and you have to press for each one. :/

I don't know what to think about the shooting. I know Hempuli allready tried some things out in the past that just didnt seem to work and allways came back to this. I'm not sure how it works now? Has it got a speed limit on how fast you can press?

I guess autofire could work, but i'v had to see it first. But i guess it also comes to the question if spamming the bullets is really that fun of a tactic. Personally i think it is fun and tacticle. If there ever going to be more weapon types i would change it. shotgun is per-press, while machine gun is automatic, etc
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic