Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 06:28:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsGame dev team needs you
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game dev team needs you  (Read 906 times)
Victorq
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2013, 06:06:13 AM »

<Currently Open>
Hello we are a development team based on Unity and targeting Android and Console audiences. Our team is part of a group of three teams and we are currently developing a fundraiser game. The game is an rpg/sandbox game with realtime fps battles with more than 80 units.It also features trading systems, recruitment sytems and minigames for younger players to enjoy. The game features a unique plot but allows the player to take his own path and find his own meaning in the game. However the plot will continue to advance with or without the player.

The player is wrapped up in a war between two blood thirsty kingdoms, power hungry pirates who all are searching a treasure which has the power to grant the player all that he once loved, but also the power to destroy the world. All are after the treasure, each one for his own purpose...

Our team composition:
Game Producer <closed>
Game Designer <closed>
Game Writer <closed>
Game Programmer <closed>
Game Programmer <closed>
Game Programer <still open we are looking for the right person>
Character Modeler <open>
Enviroment Modeler <closed but you can apply to work, we maybe need you>
UI designer <open>
Testers <closed>

If you are interested drop me a mail in [email protected]
Looking forward to hear from you!
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:27:01 AM »

It's nice that you want to make games. You'll probably just ignore me, but I'll give it to you straight anyway.

Your projects is extremely over-ambitious. I've seen hundreds of other people trying to start similar projects and it never, ever pans out. You should start with something smaller to learn how to work as a group and get some experience as a team. It will also help you get a more realistic understanding of how much time it takes to create a game. What you are describing sounds like an top-of-the-line AAA-game, which would require 100 professionals working full time for a few years in order to realize.

Start with something as small as possible, maybe a polished match-3 game or a breakout-clone?

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Victorq
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:05:38 PM »

I know about the time and people (as well as money involved into a game). I mean I usually tell people that their games are over-ambitious :D It's not that difficult if you break it down in parts. I mean I know what over-ambition is I was working on an MMO with 7 people the result was failure. So now I know that I need to construct a game that looks interesting but with the simplest of mechanics.

I mean it is simpler than it sounds, right now I'm working on a similar game who might be even more difficult than this and we're finishing it in 2 months. All that you need is not to get carried away with an idea during dev.

I've allready passed throught the arcade stage.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 03:18:52 AM »

If you want to enlist people you need to show what experience you have and what you have accomplished so far. I really don't think you have the experience needed to execute this project, but perhaps you have similar completed projects to show? Having failed another projects of similar scale is not experience enough, that just tells you one upper limit of your abilities.

Doing 80-unit FPS battles is not "the simplest of mechanics". Especially not FPS on Android/Console.

You may have done arcade games, but your team hasn't. You could take a page from Double Fine, who have made AAA titles but still make smaller games and prototypes.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic