Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 07:25:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Why should I be so serious >:D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Why should I be so serious >:D  (Read 38446 times)
falsion
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2009, 05:23:54 PM »

And hell, I don't even think that's his asset. It looks like a screenshot he took of some game.
That's quite a compliment though, isn't it? Smiley It's his, rest assured.

But come on, you guys are being anything but productive yourselves by keeping the flame from extinguishing, so once again, let's just focus on the assets, shall we?

If being an unoriginal douchebag who intentionally is doing his best not to contribute anything is a compliment then sure. And by all means, let's continue the thread so he can make even more of an ass of himself.
NotWorthy
Level 0

W/e doesn't kill you; simply makes you....STRANGER

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »

If being an unoriginal douchebag who intentionally is doing his best not to contribute anything is a compliment then sure. And by all means, let's continue the thread so he can make even more of an ass of himself.

Heh, by all mean DON't be the one continuing the thread - yet you are - like for the 5th time - thx for the contribution man - much appreciated ^_^

Anyway Has to be done: falsion and Sar are on my dont-waste-time-on list, cause they seem to be stuck in a
Code:
while(!Insulted("NotWorthy"))AccuseOfImmaturity("NotWorthy",["age","gia",grammar","spelling","deciduous teeth"]);
loop.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:51:12 PM by NotWorthy » Logged

300 characters is too much - I'd go freaking crazy and freak you out - let's stick to the pic's personal text
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2009, 07:09:14 PM »

And hell, I don't even think that's his asset. It looks like a screenshot he took of some game.
That's quite a compliment though, isn't it? Smiley It's his, rest assured.

But come on, you guys are being anything but productive yourselves by keeping the flame from extinguishing, so once again, let's just focus on the assets, shall we?

Fair enough. NotWorthy, how's yer Kroenen going?

Not so well Ganie, the health trip to hell and back set me back a bunch and I just fixed my Pc half an hour before I wrote that last post and I should be going to bed now before Uni tomorrow. Anyway - made two excellent sceenshots of Kroenen and put them together for a texture for the head - with the creepy eyes, lips and scars and everything - perty sweet - few bump maps and shininesss effect and it'll be one creepy mofo u'd be loooking on in a zoomed view mode (when he's talking to the hero character in a game, coders?)
but thinking ill still costrast-it-out and gamma-it-up to make it more cartoonish - but texturing the mockup under-mask head with that is gonna be chore - might take longer than i expected due to my compulsive-obsessive perfectionism, but I dont wonna publish anything half done. Also think I might have to skip on the Tim Langdell BOSS character I had planned for later - huge guy with dollars for eyes and briefcases on his shoulders, powering up via sucking up all the words "edge" from the world then shooting papers (lawsuit threats) out of his briefcases n sht like that - probably cheesy anyway and someone already made it.

So I think I'll post some other asset stuffs firsts to not be keeping you waiting FOREVA for something - unused oldies with a newer quality renderer so I at least have SOMETHING.

I'll post you up on more details tomorrow  from ze Uni.

[From ze Uni]

Yesterday while watching my HD dekoder recorded HellBoy for like the dozen'th time I noticed that Kroenen uses several gas mask in the movie alone and also I think a few dif types of armor or body suit.
Changing those is a sinch - just modeling something simple differently and attaching to the old animation - so thinking I'm gonna focus on that to bring Kroenen in many variation from Nazi black mask cap+cape to the end of his miserable existance when he had some golden mask.
Also; there's this one part that shows he wears a sort of skimask under the gasmask only showing the creepy eyes - I'll probably do that one too - since it's little modelling for me - and just a bunch of rendering for the PC.

I'm still waiting for ideas for poses+animation from zem poses like I said in that one "crucial" asset post - you guys could stop the hate n blame game and give me a hand thinking up all the anims I need to do for the side view.

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:22:02 AM by NotWorthy » Logged

300 characters is too much - I'd go freaking crazy and freak you out - let's stick to the pic's personal text
Wyv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »

Hey, guess what, I actually did manage to whip up a new track! This one's a rather fast-paced and quirky one, for a rather fast-paced and quirky game, I imagine. Smiley Enjoy!
Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2009, 03:00:32 PM »

Wyv, did you ever play Golden Sun?
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2009, 07:40:10 PM »

The strings and woodwinds makes High Spirits rather reminiscent of Golden Sun's music.  Golden Sun is an amazingly well done Role Playing Game that was released on the Game Boy Advanced years ago.  It's soundtrack makes heavy use of woodwinds and strings.  Excitingly, it looks like it is about to get a second sequel, due to be released on the Nintendo DS.

Anyways, nice tune, very well named.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2009, 10:53:58 PM »

Let's not go crazy here. Golden Sun was a good game in its own right, but it was also incredibly generic.

The music was a definite high point.
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2009, 02:12:51 AM »

Wyv said he was basing his inspiration on a "kirbish" theme - doubt the pink ball guy is in anyway connected to "Golden Sun" which I don't know myself, but that's what he said.

I love it myself - very cheerful Smiley

[EDIT]

Mind you Wyv doesn't use any keyboards or fancy electric drum-sets or w/e - just a mouse and a music composing program. He's a friggin musical genius if you ask me!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:16:44 AM by NotWorthy » Logged

Wyv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2009, 07:20:10 AM »

Thanks, guys. Smiley Yeah, I've played and beaten Golden Sun, back in 2002 - I don't remember much of its music unfortunately, but I really liked it for its many riddles, the dungeons never got boring. Don't think it was generic at all. Smiley

Like NotWorthy said, I tried to go for something Kirby-like and think that I didn't quite hit the style, but there are some similarities. Wink

Oh, and I consider playing instruments a much more impressive way to compose than just clicking static notes onto a grid. :p But each to his own!
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2009, 08:51:49 AM »

Learning to play the instrument is like masturbating and delaying yourself from cuming because of the fear of what kind of consistency will the product of your back-n-forth momentum have.

Learning to play the instrument is hard, sure, but anyone can do that. When you actually do learn to play it - then and only then do you find out whether you have actual Talent - whether you can CREATE or just miserably REPLICATE. Mouse wielding composers skip that boring part and get right onto the part where they prove they Can Create - thus my notion that composers are superior to just instrument wielding lemmings.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:49:27 AM by NotWorthy » Logged

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2009, 12:47:33 AM »

Semen consistency is a serious problem and not something to joke about.

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2009, 01:51:02 AM »

Semen consistency is a serious problem and not something to joke about.

True, I was way out of line in the insensitivity department - I'm sow sow sowwy 3:

Also..

Now something to keep you occupied while I whip out a nice Nazi for yah:
Olde unused - re-lightened re-rendered menu-items - thumbnails are gifs 100x100 127colors - originals are 400x400 apng:

More incoming... like 3 or something
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 05:30:51 AM by NotWorthy » Logged

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2009, 04:11:24 PM »

the music is incredibly awesome, I love it.

OutofOrder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2009, 06:43:20 PM »

I'll place this here while NotWorthy decides to update the first post.

Original size 1024x768 (Click to see)

Lo-Res 320x240:

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2009, 02:58:30 AM »

I'll place this here while NotWorthy decides to update the first post.

Original size 1024x768 (Click to see)

Lo-Res 320x240:

Of course I'd decide to update it - so far so awesome as I stated before. Auto used to make B&W sketches - but look now what awesome stuff comes alive when he starts painting instead of sketching. The thing seems to emit life - like there was a few nazis just waiting inside to get keeled by our protagonist, whoever should he be Smiley

Main thread/post updated.

OutofOrder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2009, 03:10:42 PM »

I hope i'm still on time to upload this! Just made this speedpaint and thought it could be yet another background image.
I don't think NotWorthy will be here to update the first post before tomorrow though.

Original size 640x480

Lo-Res 320x240:

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2009, 07:30:35 PM »

It's always time , the deadlines are rather ductile around here

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2009, 03:05:59 AM »

It's always time , the deadlines are rather ductile around here

Good to hear that, I've been drunk too many times recently to finish my nazi  Embarrassed

György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2009, 04:48:21 PM »

Hey, guess what, I actually did manage to whip up a new track! This one's a rather fast-paced and quirky one, for a rather fast-paced and quirky game, I imagine. Smiley Enjoy!

Wyv, these tracks make me happy, big time. (Upbeat being the other fav.)

Hand Metal LeftTears of JoyHand Metal Right

Wyv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »

Glad you like 'em, thanks for your words. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic