Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 09:09:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs◁ DO NOT CROSS ▷
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: ◁ DO NOT CROSS ▷  (Read 38266 times)
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2015, 04:34:16 AM »

That luminol blood feature looks amazing. Really nicely done. Love the subtle use of the characters shadow in the scene. Nice touch.

I actually like the studio name with the more negative connotations... should def keep it. And-- a quick google search of "screw up games" looks like you could move up the search results pretty easily.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2015, 05:47:36 AM »

I love the painterly pixel style of the portraits. Posting to get updates!  Smiley

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2015, 12:07:38 AM »

@oldblood:
hehe, you are right about that. maybe i'll really keep it.

@AD1337:
glad that you like it Smiley

worked on the design of the menus again. i still have some strange resolution problems, and the bodybag-background is just a placeholder, but the animated police-line-tapes were fun to do:

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2015, 03:00:10 AM »

Are the tapes randomized, or is the number/position the same every time?

Either way is cool.
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »

Are the tapes randomized, or is the number/position the same every time?

Either way is cool.

actually a mixture of both. the location of the tapes is fixed, because i don't want it to look super chaotic....... but the order in which the tapes unwrap and overlap is randomized ^^

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2015, 01:07:23 PM »

just noticed that i haven't posted a bunch of NPCs i've done a few weeks ago ^^. there are a few more, but I have to edit some stuff first. maybe i'll post them later today

KaiserCVR
Level 0

Amateur Artist/Professional Drinker

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2015, 07:03:17 PM »

I'm in love with your visuals man, really beautiful stuff. Keep up the great work, game looks like it will be amazing!  Grin

zigboy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2015, 06:38:09 AM »

I am posting to let you know that I am available to you if you need any technical advise concerning the cleanup process. I've been in the business since 1999 and am considered one of the founding fathers of the industry.

You might as well make it as real as possible  Smiley

Michael Tillman
Founder Amdecon
https://amdecon.com
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2015, 10:19:58 AM »

i think you better take that guy up on his offer since he likely knows how to kill you and make it completely untraceable
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2016, 04:40:19 AM »

Sorry for the inactivity. I've been in Japan for the last 3 months and was stuck under a pile of work. Development went on very slowly during this time, but i'll post a sumumary tonight. There have been some changes to the dialog system and and also to the team of this little project.

Now I'm back home and everything should proceed as it did before Hand Thumbs Up Left Giggle

I am posting to let you know that I am available to you if you need any technical advise concerning the cleanup process. I've been in the business since 1999 and am considered one of the founding fathers of the industry.

Just contacted you via PM Smiley

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2016, 05:04:42 AM »

Great to see you back! Looking forward to seeing development continue on this...

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2016, 05:14:04 AM »

MAKE THEM CLOSE THE DOOR AFTER GETTING OUT OF THEIR CAR  Cry THIS HAPPENS WAY TOO OFTEN IN GAMES AND STUFF Cry

That aside, the graphics are looking amazing and the atmosphere you've captured is fantastic. I see there are some layering issues with the car's and the bar's lights, but I suppose you'll get to that.

Lots of great progress since I last peeked in here.

Tarnimus
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2016, 11:37:57 AM »

Hi everybody! I recently joined the DNC team to contribute my writing skills to the project. I'll be posting more about the approach we're taking to storytelling, dialogue etc in the near future. It's a fascinating and challenging project. Hopefully we'll start to make more rapid progress in the next few months.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:29 AM »

Very excited to see your return!

No need to apologize, as all that matters is what's to come Smiley

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Bakuda
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2016, 01:05:08 PM »

A very dark and intriguing concept.  I like it when someone takes an established formula and turns it upside down.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2016, 09:54:28 AM »

i'm a huge fan of this devlog and am looking out for more of it. it's good.

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2017, 06:02:25 AM »

First of all: Sorry, I have been inactive for a long time. Last year was kinda rough for me and I didn't find time to continue on this project properly. When I discovered that Gamemaker launched a new version, i jumped right back into it. I have lesser work at the moment so I finally have.

Made some improvements in the last days and also have some old stuff that I haven' posted here yet:

Gamemaker 2 finally introduced layers for the Roomeditor. I converted all existing rooms to match the new format. This feature is such a relieve. Finally it's possible to have collision, visual game objects and functional interactive zones on different layers. Was a huge pain in the ass beforehands. I also revamped the interactive zone setup to have visual indicators what the zones do. Also added an interaction-marker to the player that shows different icons for interaction when the player enters interactive zones.

A few months back I also implemented EdgeVN into the project to have a proper system for dialogs. Also words with different setups to have different visuals for different characters.

Also detailed a few new environments...but I think for now I'll focus more on implementing functionality. Lot's of work to do.

denzgd
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2017, 06:09:29 AM »

I'm frickin' loving that UI, man! Those text boxes are amazing. I was actually talking about this project with some people the other day, and then a new update appears.

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2017, 09:15:32 AM »

Working on implementing the functionality of the tools. A bit tedious because it's hard to figure out how to do it properly. I hate working on code :D

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2017, 12:51:34 PM »

currently working on more menu related issues. added an into and outro to the cleaning scenes. still have to polish the headline of the intro, but that can wait for later Smiley. have to get all functional bits into the game first

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic