Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:30:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSavage: The Shard of Gosen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Savage: The Shard of Gosen  (Read 17711 times)
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »

Hey, guys! Just a little quickie Halloween update:

As a thank you for you brave souls who have been following the game/played the alpha, I threw together a little Savage Halloween goodie bag, with junk like the current soundtrack, some wallpapers, and fancy schmancy NES controller Savage themed overlays!

You can get the bag here:

Also, here's a video detailing some of the game's updates and such:

Aaand last but not least, I've thrown up (heh, whoops, those two words together on Halloween?) a Steam Community page if you want to drop by and say, "Oh, look... Savage: The Shard of Gosen is over here, too..."
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/savage-the-shard-of-gosen

Along with a Steam Greenlight (training wheels) page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190212460

Thanks again, guys, and happy Halloween!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:39:49 AM by MattFitz » Logged
chariospirale
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »

i just leave a message on your website, i'm glad to see you here ! and once again, really good vibes in your game.

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 08:36:19 AM »

i just leave a message on your website, i'm glad to see you here ! and once again, really good vibes in your game.

Hi, mëgaboy - yeah, I saw that! Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving a shout! I'm glad you're enjoying what you're seeing, and thanks for the kind words Smiley so very encouraging!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 11:09:40 AM »

demoniusx likes your game and he is, objectively, the best guy in all of christendom
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »

demoniusx likes your game and he is, objectively, the best guy in all of christendom

^ Very much agree. I just started watching his videos, and I'm really enjoying them. It's such a humbling experience when someone that wonderful/awesome takes an interest in something you are creating.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »

^ Very much agree. I just started watching his videos, and I'm really enjoying them. It's such a humbling experience when someone that wonderful/awesome takes an interest in something you are creating.
are you watching the ones on his present account or the classics
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »

I guess they'd be the videos on his present account? (with the Rygar boss run) I didn't realize he had a different account?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »

I guess they'd be the videos on his present account? (with the Rygar boss run) I didn't realize he had a different account?
brother you have a lot to learn about the d man

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »

I do indeed! Thanks very much for the link  Beer!
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 05:11:38 PM »

Hi everyone!

I have been neglecting this thread and for that I feel shame! Lots of things have been happening since last time I posted. Around November I was working on moving the project from Game Maker 8.1 to Studio, which was a huge nightmare/undertaking itself to get it functioning 100%, but totally worth it.

A few days ago I launched my Kickstarter for the game, as well as a Steam Greenlight page:

The public alpha has a new update, too, running on the new Game Maker Studio build:

Here's a video I threw together, including some Q&A stuff that people have been wondering about, a general tutorial for some of the game's mechanics, and lots of other things:

Feel free to stop by any of the above and say hi Smiley Again, thank you so much, everyone for all the encouragement and support. To battle!
The_Otherworld_Agency
Level 0

Making awesome audio for awesome games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »

YES! FUCK YES! This looks amazing! Who did the music for this?

~The Otherworld Agency~
www.theotherworldagency.com
A global team of 30+ composers and sound designers
Creds: Eitr, Crossy Road, Tiny Wizard, PAC-MAN 256, Hacknet
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »

Haha! Thank you very much Smiley I did the music... and the code, art, sound FX etc. *dizzy*
railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 01:59:08 PM »

Haha! Thank you very much Smiley I did the music... and the code, art, sound FX etc. *dizzy*

Something i didnt know!! very cool

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »

Game Progress

A lot has been going on since I launched the Kickstarter for Savage: The Shard of Gosen twelve days ago. I can tell you what I haven't been doing a lot of, though - and that's sleep, ha! That's a good problem to have, though, right? Being crazy busy on something like this has been unbelievably rewarding. That said, I wanted to share with all of you what's been going on with the project since my last update. I've been spending the majority of my time sending out press releases like mad and emailing anyone I can about the project - actual time spent developing the game has been very little, but I've been able to implement one of the features I've desperately wanted to see in the game from day one: moving blocks/solid objects! 

I've written a bit about them before, but now they are (just about) fully functional. I'm excited about them because they open up a whole slew of potentially cool and fun gameplay scenarios. Here to share some of these mechanics is Mr. Bullet List! 

• Blocks can be stacked and adjusted to create a make-shift stair case
  • They can be piled onto a counter-weight to do nifty things like open doors or raise platforms
  • Picking up a block (or other similar object) can provide cover from missiles raining down on the player
  • You can now jump while carrying them
  • You can throw 'em!
  • You can smack 'em!
  • They can be used in all sorts of other interesting puzzles and as improvisational combat items

Here's a handy devlog video I threw together illustrating many of the above points and going over some of the other goings on: 

24 Hour Live Dev Stream

In the video I also make mention of an upcoming 24 hour live development stream. I'm going to be running said stream on my Twitch.TV channel: http://www.twitch.tv/toborprime starting Friday, February 7th at 6 am (Central Time Zone), and going until Saturday, February 8th, 6am.

Come hang out with me while I work on Savage and field any and all questions you or anyone else might have. 

If you're feeling particularly awesome, feel free to visit the Kickstarter and Greenlight pages:

Once again, a very big and special thanks to the supportive brothers and sisters of the Barbarian Horde! You guys rock! To BATTLE!! 

xoxo, Matt
railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 09:56:06 AM »

Look forward to it :D

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 10:00:28 AM »

Hehe, thanks! Me too! ... I am going to need lots of coffee  Crazy Toast Right
railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 12:02:32 PM »

Hehe, thanks! Me too! ... I am going to need lots of coffee  Crazy Toast Right

Any competitions planned for the stream <<< all about the prizes these days  
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:29:20 PM by railslavegames » Logged

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 05:44:03 AM »

Wow - I hadn't even thought about that! Maybe, like, giveaways from the reward tiers on the Kickstarter?
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 11:25:51 AM »

The game certainly has changed over the past 6 months - and even more so since the last time I posted on this topic. So much junk has changed I'm sure I'll forget something... but, pictures, yeah?!

Some of what's NEW in the game since the last update:

+New areas and tilesets!
+New enemies (wild boars, revamped battlecat, flesh eating crows, raptors, a HOST of Argeshii soldiers and warriors, with +procedurally generated gear and behavior)!
+NPCs!
+New armor sets!
+A lot more I can't remember!
+Blood and gore (yay)!

In addition to all that, I'm FINALLY at a code complete stage in the project - I am now fully entrenched in creating the critical path of the game and churning out the extra content needed to create a complete gaming experience.

I'll be releasing a final handful of alphas/demos in the coming weeks and months!
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »

Wow, looking so kick ass. The graphics have improved a lot!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic