Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411665 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 07:37:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNIGHTHAW-X3000
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: NIGHTHAW-X3000  (Read 3535 times)
Nikas
Level 1

drink drank drunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 06:33:35 AM »

This level is finished, but I'm experimenting with the ground and more fake 3D. What do you think about it?

lobstersteve
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 01:04:02 AM »

Mh..that's way too noisy and distracting :/
Your game is very pretty until now, don't do that pls^^
The idea of water itself is alright, maybe try a different style for it..
Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 06:56:33 AM »

I agree with lobstersteve, its way too noisy.. holy fuck.. my eyes man.
But besides that, i really like the look of the other stage, the miami vibe indeed.

Nikas
Level 1

drink drank drunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 10:25:25 AM »

Thanks for the answers! Noone has liked the new water effect, but it was just experiment. :D

etodd
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 01:47:25 PM »

Love the look and feel! Those shadows really sell the 3D effect. As a side note, the soundtrack is so similar to Justice that I panicked for a second and thought there was copyright infringement going on.

keyle
Level 0

My favourite game is making games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 05:23:54 PM »

This project looks great!

Nikas
Level 1

drink drank drunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2016, 03:54:35 AM »

Naah, all of the artists from the soundtrack know that they are in the game. :D
And thanks for the kind words!

Nikas
Level 1

drink drank drunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 09:24:39 AM »

Official bug tests has started!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yby95qme5cibje4/NIGHTHAW-X3000%20BUG%20TESTS%20v.2.rar?dl=0

Have fun!

lobstersteve
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2016, 06:21:44 AM »

Hey  Smiley so i played your game and wrote down feedback, maybe you'd like to change some of it

• first of all: pretty cool from you to publicly show such a big chunk of your game for testing
  • when i started the game, i thought the menu looked a little boring, because there was not much motion there.
    i think it would look better if you animate even more stuff (like flashes on the title, blinking text or something), the text-font also looked kinda cheap - maybe it looks better with the same color gradient you use on the text in-game (like "wicked" in the Gifs)?
  • when i started the game itself, i felt like everything was too slow. the ship movement, the delay when you shoot. For a game with such a flashy artstyle, i was expecting something much more hectic / action packed
  • The graphics are really cool of course, i think they are a big selling point for your game. Pretty much everything, from colors, to ship designs..
  • I found it weird that you can shoot the bullets from other enemies. Never saw such a thing in a shmup. It also made dodging bullets easy in some cases..
  • The bosses are all waaaayyy too easy. It feels nothing but tedious beating them. It's like "i know i'll beat him, but i have to keep shooting him for several minutes". Especially boss 2 - you understand his shooting pattern with the lasers after he did it once and there is absolutely no challenge dodging the lasers after that. Also he is missing hit effects (blinking when he got shot, so i didn't know where he was vulnerable). In general, i would make the attack patterns on the bosses more difficult and give them less health instead
  • I liked stage 2. It felt like this is where the game is starting, because the enemy patterns are interesting. You have to fly all around the screen to dodge them, like it should be in a good shmup. The music fit also really well, i didn't like it when you posted it here first, but it fits really good while playing - although it is louder then the sound effects, so you should lower the volume a little
  • Minor detail: The fire coming out of the exhaust pipe on the shop, doesn't fit the artstyle very well, you could use some bright colors on it also..
  • The graphic style on stage 4 feels out of place also. I would rework the background and the mountains..
  • Overall i think your game could use a lot of polish in the level-design. I have 2 main complaints here:
    First - it's too easy. I think a thing that would really help here, is simply speeding it up - but i don't know how difficult it would be to change all the speed variables throught your game. If that is too hard, i would at least make the bosses much more difficult - so that shooting the small enemies is more about losing as few health as possible, so you have enough health for the difficult boss.
    And second - some patterns in the game, especially in level 3 seem a little random. In most shmups, it is pretty clear, where the enemies and enemy bullets will go, and the "hiding spots" are according to that pretty clear also. Here it felt in a lot of instances that there is stuff everywhere - and that could be fine too, but i think it could use more of the "controlled patterns". For example, i liked the ships that fly circles around you in stage 2.

Well i hope you agree with at least some of the points and maybe you'll try to change them. I'd like to see your game improve  Gentleman
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 01:19:44 PM »

Some quick feedback.

• The bosses are quite tedious, you could possibly spawn a few regular enemies to keep it interesting, and/or add more attacks. Also reduce their hp a bit
  • The pace is kinda the same, it would be nice with some breaks and a more uneven tempo, but right now you get no time to relax. Breaks would really give you some time to appreciate that you made it through the hectic part, until the next hectic part.
  • I'm not really a schmup player, but I keep wanting to kill every enemy, it gets a bit frustrating when there are so many at once, you're not sure what to dodge and what to shoot..
  • I badly wanted a clear screen bomb of some sort..
  • Health/powerup Pickups would be nice, right now it's only shoot/dodge, pickups would give players something to do other than shooting and dodging.
  • I still have no idea what the turbo mode does
  • Oh and the guy that appears at the end, I always shoot him by accident so I never get the stuff

Nikas
Level 1

drink drank drunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 10:34:24 AM »

Oh god, i forgot to check the replies! Thanks for such an awesome feedback guys! I agree with what are you saying and many things were changed in current version.
And here's a new GIF:

Enjoy!

Nikas
Level 1

drink drank drunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 03:04:25 PM »

Hello!
I would like to announce that I've found publisher! Now I can make the game more detailed!
Aaand here's the announcement trailer:

PEW PEW PEW!

http://www.nighthaw-x3000.aag-studio.com/

lobstersteve
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 10:11:10 AM »

Glad to hear  My Word!
Graphics look even better.
I hope the gameplay will be as good as the graphics Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic