Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 03:25:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTower of The Wizard: Gameboy Adventure [Gameboy-inspired Metroidvania]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Tower of The Wizard: Gameboy Adventure [Gameboy-inspired Metroidvania]  (Read 2341 times)
Kanavall
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 09:51:46 PM »

I really like the additions you've added for the background. The health bar is simple, but works. I guess it really depends on how your enemies deal damage and whether its "int" damage, or just varying depending on attack (so many an actual bar instead of hearts).

I'm curious to know what the black "wave" thing looks. It seems spooky and not friendly..  Shocked
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 06:09:12 AM »

So hi everyone! I haven't updated this in a long while... in truth most of the work I was doing was level and puzzle design. I have finally (two days ago) released the game in open beta on the Android Playstore. The game I would consider to be around 90% done - I still have a list of tweaks I wanna make and some fixes to apply:

The current version is here if you wanna try it out (it saves your progress): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suhail.wizardtower&hl=en

Warning! Game is very hard. Warning! Movement is floaty. Both of these things are deliberate and require getting used to as part of the challenge of the game (for example, if you stop pressing a direction button while moving, you stop much faster than when you do if you are in the air).

Also use the map, it is your best friend! Otherwise I guarantee you will get lost Smiley

Upcoming fixes include a fix to an abusive shortcut you can take in a certain area, as well as bigger areas for the control buttons, and bug fixes relating to the boss fight. Eventually there might be more tweaks, additions, and fixes (if necessary).

Have fun! Smiley

I will also add the following video to the initial post :

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 04:06:33 AM »

The latest video is awesome! The overall color scheme is working so well for you.

While the gameplay might need some floaty polish, I think there's a ton of potential here (and they're things that aren't anywhere near impossible to clean up :D ).

Awesome stuff, friend!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic