Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:49:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955303 times)
defiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: July 16, 2019, 06:59:53 AM »

Hi,
I'm Joseph from Poland.
I'm full stack java developer working for big corporation,
but also creating own games when have some spare time Wink
JosephSeraph
Level 0

i wanna be Akihiko Yoshida when i grow up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11021 on: July 19, 2019, 10:30:10 AM »

Heya! I`m Jo, an indie dev and visual artist from southeastern Brazil  Beer!

look its me in very high resolution

I love JRPGs, survival horror, melodrama, magical girls, Junji Ito, Stephen King, j-pop (Utada Hikaru and Perfume are royalty), X-Files, Parasite Eve, Valkyrie Profile... Well you can see I have an assortment of somewhat diverse but still bound together influences, lol.

My own work, visually, ranges from low poly and resolution 3D...

...to pixel art...

...and also illustration with a broad range of media

I also do music I guess but it's shitty, and I primarily use RPG Maker (and I have a lot of fun pushing it into something way different than what it's usually presented as)

anyway thats moi, always love to see all the nice work that pops up by here and am totes looking forward to other people's workkk!!! someone please give me a new survival horror jrpg to play.... ive played parasite eve 1&2 far too many times already
WindwalkRick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: July 25, 2019, 12:25:13 PM »

Richard here!

This is me, probably plotting something.

https://flic.kr/p/2gGKgHQ

I've been a fan of games my whole life, my favorite being Ocarina of Time and Medal Gear Solid IV.

Anyhooo...Working at Windwalk Games in San Francisco, California. We are currently working on Enemy on Board, a social deception PC game. From our Steam page!

ENEMY ON BOARD IS AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME OF DECEPTION.

Six crew members wake up on the spaceship Andromeda. During their intergalactic travels, two crew members were infected by alien spores. These aliens are now on-board Andromeda, disguised in their host’s bodies. The crew members must discover who the aliens are and kill them. The aliens must keep their identities hidden and kill the crew. Both groups must keep the ship in good repair or risk a critical system failure explosion, killing everybody on board.

We do playtests daily from 4-6pm PST.

If you want, I repeat, ONLY IF YOU WANT, please join our Discord https://discord.gg/gEm2Q83, and download our game on https://store.steampowered.com/app/999860/Enemy_On_Board/

GGs everyone!
Sibisi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: July 31, 2019, 06:44:22 PM »

Hi there! I'm Sibisi, an American graduate computer science student interested in game design and XR development. Some of my favorite games include Slime Rancher, Factorio, and World of Warcraft.

I'm planning to start a devblog on my final project, Corditia, a FPS-management hybrid set on the remote world of Kabash. The player takes on the role of a mercenary-esque farmer, whose job is to run and protect their crop of genetically engineered, ammo-producing plants from the vicious Conglomerate- a corporation-run government hellbent on controlling every other planet in the system. The weapons, ammunition, and supplies you generate benefit a ragtag resistance in the system, whose hopes for freedom lie on the shoulders of you and your cohorts on the planet.

It's a pleasure to be here, and I'm looking forward to the inspiration/criticism the community can offer.  Gomez
Hik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: August 01, 2019, 05:37:40 AM »

I'm an Icelandic designer/developer educated in computers, electronics and languages.
In the early 90's I was introduced to the Atari, on which I played space invaders, pac-man and similar games.

My first real gaming experience on the PC was a game called the Lost vikings, I also played many other dos games at that time.

I got my first and only console around the middle of the 90's, it was a Sega Mega Drive II.
That console inspired me a lot, I was mesmerized the first time I saw Sonic the hedgehog played at a store.
That said, I still played many other consoles over at friend's places, like the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Saturn and Playstations.

I liked playing outside and have generally been outgoing, I participated in waterfights in the 90's involving squirtguns
and travelled abroad to warmer countries for vacations. In most of the travels I visited places like amusement parks.

Early on I developed good art skills and continue to improve upon them. I was always interested in editing,
customizing and making games ever since I first found out about the concept of making or changing games.
My talents span a pretty wide spectrum of crafting. I've made clothes, accessories, electronic circuits,
computer programs (and games), drawings, wood carvings, sculptures/models, 3d prints and more.
Sir_Phobos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11025 on: August 01, 2019, 06:16:37 PM »

Hey, all! I'm Sir Phobos from CareBot Games. We're a brand new team of two who just released our first game on itch!

As for myself, I'm primarily a programmer, but I love to draw, too. So I've done a little of both on our game. I'd definitely love to learn more about Blender and other 3D art tools in the future. That's my weak point, I think.

I started gaming when I was very young. I believe we had an Atari 7600, but I think I was too young to play at that point. We got an NES a few years later, and those are my earliest memories of playing games. I loved Ninja Gaiden even though I was terrible at it. When I got a bit older, I enjoyed playing Chrono Trigger and other JRPGs. Then I got into playing fighting games like Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike and Guilty Gear XX competitively. Learning to play those games was a great challenge, but I loved the process and learned about sportsmanship and made lots of great friends along the way. Nowadays, I'm into lots of different types of games: fighters, RPGs, puzzle-platformers, metroidvanias, and visual novels (a love which inspired our first game release).

Thanks to everyone else who has shared their stories in this thread, and I hope to chat with you all soon!
DavidByers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: August 02, 2019, 01:36:55 PM »

Hey yall!

I'm David. I've made a few mobile games back in the day, getting back into making game stuff, and also tools which I've found to be really rewarding.
n1c3kabc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11027 on: August 02, 2019, 06:40:03 PM »

I'm Nicholas. Developer in N1C3K Games, which basically only contains me :D

I'm still quite young and currently creating some interesting games that hopefully, lots of people will play. My next project is a multiplayer co-op game.

At the moment, one of my games is published in the Play Store for Android only. The name is 'Wafer Fall'. Feel free to try it out and leave some reviews :D In summary, it is an endless game with the character moving downwards blasting through various environments.

That's all I've got! Thanks!

I'm an 18 years old learning game development Smiley Cheers
Rigachin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: August 04, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »

Hello! I'm a hobbyist game dev. I'm currently working on my first video game called Astrolabbia. It's a experimental game that combines entertaiment and education.
Luchee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: August 11, 2019, 07:49:06 AM »

Hi! I am a wife and a mom now.
I love games. Especially cute games, but I've spent way too much time watching my husband play Counter Strike, Stalker, Dark Souls, Metro 2033, Witcher, PUBG and other "big boy" series. Me personally, I play everything Nintendo, even though they are not at all that big in where I live - Czech Republic. Everyone plays games on PC/PS4 here, really didn't find many friends with a common Nintendo interest.
I completely fell in love with Stardew Valley (of course), and all the "for kids" games on 3DS. I am not sure how you all be interested in that though.
My husband made me love games. And he finally fulfilled his dream and made one with his former colleague. I am the biggest fan of their work and dedication they've showed. It's not exactly my "cute, peaceful and loving games" genre, but it's soooo cool nevertheless. He spent 4 years developing it in his free time every night after leaving his full time job.
I've already promoted it, because I am way to excited to help them with getting people to know about it and hopefully like it as well. I am so amazed they actually finished and it's now being released after all those years of work! Several times it even looked, they might not make it and just leave it.
Sorry, I can't really think of anything else last few weeks... I am so proud Smiley
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:04:53 AM by Luchee » Logged
RadicalFiction
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: August 12, 2019, 12:47:17 AM »

Hi all!
My name's Ivan, i'm from Rome, Italy, and I am a 43/yo solo-dev amateur indie, working as a software engineer in a big company (nothing related to games) during the day and creating games during the night.
As a gamedev i am called "Radical Fiction" and the game i'm working on right now is called Hard Times, a survival game about being an homeless person in a big and indifferent city. It will release as an Early Access on september on steam.

Nice to be here!  Hand Metal Right

https://store.steampowered.com/app/907410/Hard_Times/
http://www.tempi-duri.net/en
GlucoseTong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: August 12, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »

Hello, Im Glucose from Hk. I love to play games. A lot of Games.

I think it is too boring to work for something not interested so I start to be a indie game developer since 2018.
I just create my first website: https://www.glucosegames.com/
I try to create fun games. Thats my goal of my life.
Jack Bandai
Level 0

Game set match

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11032 on: August 13, 2019, 09:34:08 AM »

Hi the name is Jack. Jack Bandai am a small time indie game developer.What got me interested in games was when I seven I played Sonic the hedgehog on the sega. I was amused by the pixel graphics and well done animation.I started to wonder if It was possible to create video games.Then by eleven I came across Ultimate mortal kombat3 this game got me hooked with its fast paced gameplay and quick combos i loved this game so much I used to host tiny tournaments with my neighbourhood friends and we would play the game 12hours straight hours straight that my mom would tell my friends to go home cause it was late.It was only five years ago i begun my journey to game development I had rocky start as most of my games were unplayable you know bad controls ,bad gameplay etc.Recently I have become better at developing video games but I am still learning new ways of improving this skill and hope to develop amazing games.
Thats my story Jack Bandai an indie game developer currently working on a 2D fighting game at itch.io

https://jack-bandai.itch.io/vecho-fights

Hi name's Jack.Jack Bandai an indie game developer.Currently am working on a 2D vector fighting game called Vecho Fights.Try out the demo at
SolaceShard
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: August 19, 2019, 12:34:01 AM »

Hello, you can call me Solace Shard. I'm aspiring to be an indie game developer. I've been playing games for ages, and have always been interested in making my own, though back then, I didn't have a clue how to actually make a game.

I enjoy a range of games from action, to platforming, to horror.
pwolk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: August 19, 2019, 10:02:12 AM »

Hi, I'm Piotr and my current project is Turbo Island Purger - 80's style dynamic roguelike where you fight weird robots.
Feel free to visit my itch.io page

Check out my current project - Turbo Island Purger.
Play the game here: https://piotr-wolk.itch.io/turbo-island-purger
Join discord channel: https://discord.gg/YcG9FDX
Breaking-Point-Dev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11035 on: August 21, 2019, 09:16:41 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Nathan. I've been learning everything game development in my spare time for the last 8 years. Modeling, sculpting, texture painting, level design, narrative writing, programming and animation. For roughly the last 2 years I've been working on my first commercial project Dungeon Isles.

I was born in 94 and my earliest favorite games were sonic the hedgehog and crash bandicoot since we had a Sega and a PS1. I believe in 2008 I finally got God of War 1 and 2 and watching the behind the scenes to those games is what really sparked my desire to develop video games. Watching Unreal Engine 3 tech demos for Gears of War 2 drove me to sell my xbox 360 a couple years later to get a cheap graphics card (GT 430) and assets for Unity to start my game development journey.

I was first introduced to Blender in 2010 but didn't start using it or Unity till 2011 when Unity 3.3 was out. I tried starting with UDK to learn development but it was still too demanding for the family computer which is why I learned Unity and still do today.

I'm hoping to release a couple Pre-Alpha demos of my game this year along with a kickstarter campaign.

I'm shocked over 8 years of developing in my spare time that I never tried to join an online community and share my work. I'm excited to get involved and see what everyone's working on.
GlacierEclipse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: August 21, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm GlacierEclipse, previously known as crneumre (only known to me of course  Cheesy)

I've been developing small games for about 5 years now, and I am extremely interested in the tech behind games and game design. Most of my time was spent studying the tech part, from XNA and 2d flash games to developing my own OpenGL 3D engine in C++. But most recently I've started focusing more on creating games.

My most favorite games are: Inside, Infamous, Assassin's creed 2, Hollow Knight, Antichamber, The Last of us, Factorio, Papers, Please and FTL. Might look like a weird collection but each one did something that was extremely memorable and innovative to me  Smiley

You can check out my games on: https://glaciereclipse.itch.io/, and a game on: https://armorgames.com/play/17831/isolated-subject

Been reading and lurking around the DevLogs section for quite a long time, that's what got me to sign up and want to participate in this community.
LeArchi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: August 21, 2019, 06:59:40 PM »

Hello,

My name is Danya and games are pretty much my free time activity, either playing or developing them. I don't have a huge backpack of experience with developing games but I am currently planning a big project to make on Unity, a space adventure game

I did some projects which included programming in Python, PHP, C++, and HTML but I'm still learning a bunch about programming.

I've been practicing art for around 3 years now and finished some courses on it, so if you need me to draw you something, hmu. Currently working with 8-bit style graphics.

Here is some of my art Smiley

https://imgur.com/gallery/SlTxXul

I'm hoping to get some insight into what other people are doing with Unity and how they solve some problems that I'm sure I am going to stumble upon.
TAG_Animus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: August 28, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »

Hello TIG,

I am TAG_Animus, and I'm starting to make games (Unity/C#), so I figured I might as well hang out where the rest of the indie-devs do.

History with Gaming
I tell everyone that I was born with a controller in my hand. I have a history with gaming that has fairly-well influenced every aspect of my life. I started with NES; the first game I beat was Sesame Street ABC/123 with Ernie and Grover, so you know I started out with a strong foundation. Since then, I've touched several systems including PC, Gameboy, Gamegear, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Color, N64, PS1, Gameboy Advanced/SP, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, XBOX, XBOX360, WII, PS3, XBOXONE, PS4, WIIU, and Switch.

Current State of Gaming
Hardware
-The XBox has the best controller, but it lacks good titles and the flirtation with Kinect for so long really made them lag behind.
-The PS4 has very many great console-specific titles; I wish their controller was as comfortable as the XBox's.
-The Switch is a great concept, but my massive American hands struggle to keep hold of the tiny controller (and I hate the attachment's plastic on plastic feel). Also, the A/B is backwards. I know they technically made the controller first, but the [Confirm] bottom-button and [Cancel] right-button is fairly bog-standard. And, with everything else, the gramphix could catch up to 2005 at least. 1080p has been out for how long now? And don't get me started on the difficulty of their IP (ez)...
-The PC -- I think any multi-gb game should be available on PC. Imagine if all the above had their own PC store-fronts - the profit-generation. Omg. I love the PC.
-VR is not the future of gaming. I played for an hour an got motion sickness - badly. There might be something in AR, but VR is not the answer.
-Mobile gaming, to me, is awful. I have several visions of what I thought mobile gaming would be, but it turned into F2P grind-fests overloaded with ads and micro-transactions. No thank you.

Software
I think that I'm burned out on a lot of AAA studios. Activision/Blizzard, Bethesda, EA, BioWare, Bungie, 343, Microsoft, etc. These studios have produced more garbage than greatness, lately. I know it's popular to dump on them, but there's a good reason for it. What I don't understand is why the greater gaming community continues to fund this garbage AND then tries to explain to me that it's okay that they pay premium prices on sub-par titles. It's a perpetual motion machine of farts.

This is why I think I'm interested in the Indie-game movement. I know the market is saturated, but I think that it's a good thing. So many people are taking the risk to produce great titles that compete against the AAA devs. Could you imagine if EA got a hold of the golden nuggets like Stardew Valley - the games would be eviscerated before launch. I love the indie game community specifically because it seeks out these games that push out a personal over a corporate mood. There's charm there.

Top 10 Games All Time
1) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
2) The Last of Us - PS3
3) Final Fantasy X - PS2
4) League of Legends - PC
5) SSX Tricky - PS2
6) Banjo Kazooie - N64
7) Fable - Xbox
8') Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox
9) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - SEGA Genesis
10) Pikmin - Gamecube
Honorable Mentions
A) Gummi Ship (from Kingdom Hearts II - I'm serious. The Gummi Ship was more fun than the actual game.)
B) Factorio
C) Halo Series
D) Mirror's Edge
E) Guitar Hero

Game Projects I'd like to Tackle
1) Pongo Ultima - Multi-player PVE pong/brick-breaker with a campaign. Each boss adds a new element to ponging.
2) Galaxial IST - Gummi Ship/Star Fox with tunnels (long levels) and all-range-mode areas
3) Bunny Chucker - I'm remissed to divulge more
4) Battle Dads - Again... it's better showing than explaining

What I'll end up making
1) A pong clone
2) A SHMUP
3) Blackjack

Can't wait to see where this journey takes me!

It is your moral obligation to create what is good in the world.
Skaggsoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11039 on: August 29, 2019, 10:59:12 AM »

My name's Zach. I miss games from the 90's.

I'm developing a first-person dungeon crawler along with my brother.
Surely you aren't interested in hearing me talk about myself.
I'll go and post about my game; I promise my game's more interesting than I am.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic