Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 01:53:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWilling Composer to work closely with game developers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Willing Composer to work closely with game developers  (Read 1264 times)
Jobebs
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2012, 05:33:34 PM »

Hiya,

I'm a (wanna-be) composer of music, mostly classical and orchestral.  I've always loved games and games music, and have worked with friends on games before and love working with people and getting their thoughts on projects. If anybody needs an enthusiastic, adaptable (genre wise), clasically trained (not that it matters) games composer to work closely in the musical aspect of your game project, I'm your man (and I'm also willing to work with other composers, as that's marvellous too).

If you want to see a small handful of my work you can see my youtube or soundcloud :

www.youtube.com/gingerjoberton
www.soundcloud.com/joab-1

You can contact me here on the forum or via my twitter: www.twitter.com/jobebs I'm more likely to check the latter but either will work.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to working with you.

-Jobe
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:38:02 PM by Jobebs » Logged
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 12:45:19 AM »

Can you conduct a real orchestra?

Jobebs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:10:32 AM »

I do not have the means to conduct a real orchestra, if that's what you were hoping for.

Unfortunately, like most gaming composers (unless funded by a huge company such as Sony or Nintendo) I do not conduct a real orchestra as they are expensive - you'd have to pay each and every single, professionally trained musician and then rent out a huge hall. I write traditionally by using manuscript paper. HOWEVER, for games I render my sounds, orchestral or not, using Cubase.

So, if you wanted games music, I'd be able to get it created quite quickly.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »

Links don't work, fix it or you are fired immediately.

Anyway, I looked at your pic. You look smart so you might have a good taste. I am in need for a few tracks for this game here called TrapThem. It is going to be an arcade classic if you do your job properly:P

Just let me know if you are interested.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Jobebs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »

Interested I am indeed.

The gameplay reminded me a little bit of http://www.pacman-games.com/pacman/31/Play-PacXon-Pacman.html except is elaborated on greatly. I like the puzzle aspect a lot.
As for music composition, I would like to know what you have in mind first of all (I have some ideas in my head, but I could do with a more interactive chat, whether talking or typing in real time). My Skype is: Gingerjoberton, and I also have MSN - do you have Skype or MSN or something else?

Thanks for responding. As for the links, well... I typed them in correctly, but the forum added an extra http:// for some reason.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic