Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411715 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 02:56:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkWant to try voice acting.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Want to try voice acting.  (Read 2024 times)
Wafflehouse1117
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »

Hey guys and gals,

I've been looking into voice acting and wondering if anybody wants to hire me either paid or unpaid depending on the intensity of the game and the amount of clips I need to record.

I am a teenager with a pretty deep voice that I can make even deeper and I can do funny or hysterical voice and my voice is also very flexible and I could do more than one voice if necessary so just ask.

I can also do some decent art if needed.
Wafflehouse1117
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »

Well i've already said im new to this so what should i say? Give me some lines and the voice you want
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=25211.0

Somebody here was needing a voice actor for a trailer, seems like a good place to start maybe?
HDSanctum
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »

The first question is do you have the right gear for this? You will need a microphone that doesn't sound like crud.

As for what to say, you could go and pick a few lines from the voice acting alliance casting forum and act them out.

As with most things, it's a skill that you probably will need to work on to get right.

Good luck.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:35:54 AM »

In this line of work you have to show something.

Simulate (or even repeat) the voice over of a trailer, the announcement before a wrestling/boxing match. Or even, read the text on some game's trailers. Like

, or something.

Yeah.
Wafflehouse1117
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »

just got a decent mic pm or post a script for a sample
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »

My advice to you, go on a voice acting forum, there are a ton of free things you can do on a dedicated voice acting site. Game devs are more likely to look there than a place like this.

Mofko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 11:02:52 AM »

Hey guys and gals,

I've been looking into voice acting and wondering if anybody wants to hire me either paid or unpaid depending on the intensity of the game and the amount of clips I need to record.

I am a teenager with a pretty deep voice that I can make even deeper and I can do funny or hysterical voice and my voice is also very flexible and I could do more than one voice if necessary so just ask.

I can also do some decent art if needed.

I am interested in voice acting, do you have an american accent?  Don't mind just wondering.
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »

Please, please post a voice sample. I have unpaid work and I might need you to just read 12 sentences for me. I need someone with a booming voice, like that gentle giant from the Green Mile.

Like I said, I can't pay you. But I most definitely will credit your voice. Is the deep voice thing the only option?

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 04:53:13 AM »

When multiple people ask for a voice sample my suggestion is to make a voice sample.  Post it on Soundcloud and that will go a long way.

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 10:05:56 AM »

I asked for a voice sample and got one.

Give it a listen

I suggested using a pop filter to make sure the 'P's don't have that artifact caused by an air flow over the microphone. Also the microphone sounds like it's moving around and caused a bunch of other artifacts on the background.

If you don't own a one you can always just hold a t-shirt between your mouth and the mic. Sure sounds a bit silly but results speak for themselves.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:23:48 AM by zamp » Logged
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »

If that person who made that sample is available I would totally love to have them do a couple of script lines for me.

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic