Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411716 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 05:22:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid Work2D Platformer - Artist Needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D Platformer - Artist Needed  (Read 1408 times)
DaedalusCoder
Level 0

Make indie with me.

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:34 PM »

Hey guys!

I am currently working on a game called Shotgun Blob, which is a 2d - unusual - platformer.
The main mechanic of the game is the shotgun that the main character wields which propels him with its recoil.
The hero, Blob, is a science experiment that was judged sub-par by the scientists that were aiming to create a useful life-form. You see, Blob can't even jump.
But as soon as Blob got a hold of one of the guard's shotgun, he realized that it was the only thing he needed.

Well, long story short, I am having trouble finding a graphics designer wanting to do this for the experience... I already got a lot of programming done on it and I can show some stuff to whoever might be interested. =)

Tech details:
Programming in C++ using SDL and OpenGL libraries. Also using Box2D for the physics!

If you can/want to help, let me know! I'm friendly. I don't expect this to be a big project, but it'll sure be fun! Smiley

(I could even put some pics up, but it looks kinda bad since I made the graphics... It's working pretty well thought!)
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:42:21 AM »

It would definitely be a good idea to put up some pics, even if they're coder art... that way, people can see that you're serious and not just another fly-by-night project. Smiley

Eponasoft develops commercial PC Engine games.
DaedalusCoder
Level 0

Make indie with me.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:21:30 AM »

Ok then, here are some:
(stole some scenery from mega-man lol)

STILL Work in Progress!
Hope this helps. Smiley
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:20:17 AM »

So big sprites.
retrohelix
Level 1

Hip hop array

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »

That mechanic as the basis for a game is pretty funny. If you're still doing this by the 31st of this month (the day by which I have to submit my game into a comp) and you haven't found an artist, I could give it a shot. I haven't been pixeling for very long, but I decided to start just for my game, here are a few things:

a bit random... but a tiling lava texture I made

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:19:44 PM by retrohelix » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic