Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 08:57:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkCoders/Engineers needed for OpenGL Android Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Coders/Engineers needed for OpenGL Android Game  (Read 753 times)
ascruplepen
« on: June 29, 2012, 10:02:25 AM »

This is only my second post on here and I don't really frequent forums much so forgive my ignorance, but this looked like the most appropriate place.

Ok so me and a few friends set up our own little indie dev, trying to make a mobile game, initially for android then later for iOS.

We've done a ton of art and design stuff, but unfortunately the build is a bit behind schedule. We haven't had much luck with people staying with us, as we communicate mostly through skype and facebook, people just seem to stop talking to us and lose interest without letting us know what's happening.

The idea is to create quite a simple infinite runner type game, with a few important twists, one being that you're flying rather than running. We've created a great looking character and art style, we just need someone to help us get it together.

So anyways if you'd like to know more or see some stuff let me know.

You can check out our website here: www.saplinggames.com or our facebook page here: www.facebook.com/saplinggames

Oh and it's called Glow Bat

Cheers  Smiley
Chill3r
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »

This actually sounds kind of interesting but a bit generic. I mean infinity runners are all over the market, but with a few twists you could pull off a great success due to their popularity.
I personally am working on a Spaceshooter for PC atm. If you need any help in Coding (Java for native android) i can certainly help out.
Unfortunatly i will not be able to work full time on it but i'm sure the coding won't take that long since i basically already have a concept.
So... If you want contact me here on the forums or at [email protected]
 Gentleman
ascruplepen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 03:54:03 AM »

I guess I have been a bit vague. Here's some more details;

The premise is that you're a bat flying through caves, you glow, which illuminates the cave, letting you see.
Problem is your glow is always shrinking, so in order to maintain it you have to keep eating bugs (they'll be various power ups too in bug form).
If you collide with a rock you lose a third of your current glow. When your glow reaches zero, game over.

They'll also be another game mode which will generate levels based on the songs played on the device.

So if people are interested let me know.  Gomez
ascruplepen
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 03:55:21 AM »

I should probably also mention we do have a working build that I can send to anyone that wants to take a look  Hand Metal Right
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic