Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 04:34:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkNeed 2D artist for some simple character drawings
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need 2D artist for some simple character drawings  (Read 1048 times)
meatlander
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »

I'm a programmer (professionally) who likes to dabble in Game Design at home. I've gotten a pretty good hold of 2D games but I haven't really been able to see a project all the way through due to a lack of art (I can't draw).

I'm looking for someone who might be interested in drawing up some characters for me. Nothing fancy, no animations... just still shots of the characters.

I'll need 9 characters and their accompanying story boards. I don't care if one person draws everything, of if a few people want to chip in and each draw a different character. However, I do ask that if you design a character, you also help me with the story boards. I had an artist locally, but after 9 months he only gave me 6 images and no story boards so they're all useless.

The story boards are pretty simple. I'm going for an old-school SNES feel here so 6 frames maybe? A few still shots that tween across the screen. Nothing needs to be animated. They'll be an intro story, and an ending sequence is all.

You can color if you want, but you don't have to. A scanned image of pen and paper will work, I'm kind of desperate, although full colored PNG files would be wonderful. Smiley

Characters:
 1. Teenage boy (late teens / early twenties)
 2. A mad scientist
 3. A humanoid robot (doesn't have to look human.. just human enough to play a sport)
 4. A North Korean Dictator (caricatureof Kim Jong Il??)
 5. A diva or feminine man (wants to be a Britney Spears type pop-star)
 6. A Viking or some sort of warrior type -- heavy metal dude
 7. A soccer mom or maybe a chef -- a home-maker I guess
 8. An indian or hindu God (Think dhalsim from street fighter)
 9. Native American India

I lurked and seen that people like proof of the project so here are a couple of screen shots. One is the character select screen I did. Dude gave me the two characters, I made the rest. The other, is of the game in motion although it's just pong so you know.

Any help would be appreciated, you'll get full credit for your work and I'll give you an exe of the game. I'm making it in C# (xna).

http://irtehsuck.deviantart.com/art/character-select-315557303

http://irtehsuck.deviantart.com/art/Game-in-action-315561129

Just get at me here.
meatlander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »

Awww, nothing? I was hoping to finally have some luck here. I hope it's not due to the project itself.

I know it's just a stupid little Pong remake but to me, that's part of the charm. Sure, I could try to make an RPG but that's silly to me. If I can't make Pong, I can't make an RPG. The idea is to start small and tackle issues in chunks. Lets make pong, get it running on a 360, learn the process from development to published (indi developer section)... once we know what we're dealing with, then will make something bigger and more complex.

If you can't draw 15 still images of a character, how are you going to draw the hundreds of animated sprites needed for a beat-em-up or RPG? It's a good starting point.

I was hoping that somewhere, there would be somebody willing to do this just for the experience. Am I wrong? Am I really going to have to pay someone locally for this?   
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic