Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411687 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 11:55:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDid the PomPomGames guys *die* or something?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Did the PomPomGames guys *die* or something?  (Read 2476 times)
boagman
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2007, 12:24:30 AM »

Yes, I realize that MSE came out just about a month ago, so there's no good reason to assume that they're physically not alive, but...

1.  Their website is untouched for months on end, with special and specific emphasis being placed squarely on the forums, the "Support" channel to be direct.  There's been no response to any inquiry from anyone for many months.

2.  Direct emails sent to them aren't given responses in any kind of timely manner.  One wonders if they've even been received, much less read.

3.  Their website's forum is now locking out longtime users such as myself for trying to change something so minor as the email address in one's profile.  There's supposed to be an email sent back to approve changes like this or something, and it doesn't come.

4.  It doesn't appear that they've spoken to anyone in the commercial or indie press in quite some time.

So, in fairness, I'm not asking just to pass the time; no, I actually have a support question I need answered by them, and need to know what I have to do to make something work on my new notebook.  I've tried to use the forums and was locked out through the glitch (of sorts), I've tried to personally email them and haven't received a response, no one seems to be able to get any sort of response out of them...

Shouldn't we have a wake or something?  You know, like with a nice cheese and deli meat platter for afterwards?

Anyone have a clue?
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 01:38:09 AM »

As far as I know... they locked down the forum after it got spammed and didn't want any moderators. They cut plans to release PC versions of their games after getting deals with MS and (iirc) codemasters to release their stuff on PSP and XBLA. They took on staff and outsourced some stuff, then cut back, and now they've done MSE i don't know what they're doing. They cut communication with the internet after getting lambasted on indiegamer.com for releasing on XBLA, and that's the last people heard of them pretty much.

Ah, my mistake

it was for getting lambasted (rightly) over patenting a game design.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:42:42 AM by haowan » Logged

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 08:31:33 AM »

Lambasting gameplay patents is righteous (and in this case, there was prior art - the Rocket Jump to name but one).

The thing is, I heard the decision to do this had nothing to do with the two developers, so I'm a bit sad that they've been battered off the internet in the defense of someone else's poor judgement.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »

Quite right, Bezzy.

boagman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 03:11:54 PM »

Lambasting gameplay patents is righteous (and in this case, there was prior art - the Rocket Jump to name but one).

The thing is, I heard the decision to do this had nothing to do with the two developers, so I'm a bit sad that they've been battered off the internet in the defense of someone else's poor judgement.

Okay, I can understand their general reluctance, but why alienate a paying customer such as myself?  I stinking *bought* Space Tripper, and loved it...why can't I get a simple question answered by them (Mac version vs. PC version, etc.)?  I mean, it's not like I've given them a loaded question or anything of the kind...
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »

ya no clue what's going on with them. They're online presence has been zero for the last few years. They really didn't even have any buildup for MSE (screens, vids, etc) really unfortunate, I think they make great games and would love to see them interact with the community again.

and add my fucking highscore for mutant storm Angry

boagman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »

ya no clue what's going on with them. They're online presence has been zero for the last few years. They really didn't even have any buildup for MSE (screens, vids, etc) really unfortunate, I think they make great games and would love to see them interact with the community again.

::sigh::

Still no response from the team in any way, shape, form, or fashion.  Color me disappointed, since I'm wanting to get Space Tripper for my Vista-enabled laptop, but I've already bought it for the Mac...should I really have to pay twice?

Does *anyone* out there have any legitimate way of contacting them, even if it's just forwarding on this message?  I'd sure appreciate it, even if things have to be handled via PM or something.

Thanks.
Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 09:12:41 PM »

If BongPig was still here, we'd know.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic