Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411608 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58446 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 09, 2024, 12:38:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Items
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Items  (Read 139797 times)
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 06, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »

purple cube. just a color edit  Roll Eyes. anyway, since the item list looks a bit crowed with lyle's cubes and aquaria stuff i'm suggesting some new items.
-Cherry (IWBTG): a thrown item that goes diagonally up. if it flys over a character (or a character stands under it) it'll fall really fats dealling big damage.
-Spike (IWBTG): similar to the mine exept it stands for a long time and doesn't dissapear if a player touch it. it can be placed on strategic places to anoy the players (like the edges). it damages all the players including the user.
now lets go with other game items:
-floating bomb (F(l)ail): to place the bomb you pick it up and then you press the button where you want the bomb to stay. it has a circular range and explodes after some seconds dealing big damage.
-mouse bomb (the legend of princess): it advances on the ground/walls exploding on contact. if it doesn't hit anything after a while it explodes automatically.
-Ring (Braid)(yeah again...): instead of stoping time it can be thrown and if it hits an enemy it reduces his movement speed (an inverse hot soup xD)
-Da Rule Book (tower of heaven): ...any ideas for this? maybe a level would be better xD.

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 06, 2010, 06:44:48 PM »

purple cube. just a color edit  Roll Eyes. anyway, since the item list looks a bit crowed with lyle's cubes and aquaria stuff i'm suggesting some new items.
-Cherry (IWBTG): a thrown item that goes diagonally up. if it flys over a character (or a character stands under it) it'll fall really fats dealling big damage.
-Spike (IWBTG): similar to the mine exept it stands for a long time and doesn't dissapear if a player touch it. it can be placed on strategic places to anoy the players (like the edges). it damages all the players including the user.
now lets go with other game items:
-floating bomb (F(l)ail): to place the bomb you pick it up and then you press the button where you want the bomb to stay. it has a circular range and explodes after some seconds dealing big damage.
-mouse bomb (the legend of princess): it advances on the ground/walls exploding on contact. if it doesn't hit anything after a while it explodes automatically.
-Ring (Braid)(yeah again...): instead of stoping time it can be thrown and if it hits an enemy it reduces his movement speed (an inverse hot soup xD)
-Da Rule Book (tower of heaven): ...any ideas for this? maybe a level would be better xD.
The cherries and spikes would be better suited in their own level. And the mouse bombs are not possible, since they come from a fanversion of the Legend of Zelda and are technically LoZ weapons (Bombchus).
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: June 06, 2010, 07:26:04 PM »

EDIT:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:47:51 PM by Karuvitomsk » Logged
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 07, 2010, 06:27:23 AM »

I think a cherry from IWBTG would be a good item if it was just a normal throw item like a cube that has reverse gravity.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 07, 2010, 10:47:07 AM »

oh god they're awesome, and that's what i'm talking about (tiny mine yaii!!). anyway, no comments about my item suggestions? (besides from the IWBTG suggestions. yeah i know that IWBTG props will fit better on "IWBT stage" but who says we can't have the cherry and the spike as items -.-?)

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 07, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »

So we have penis as an item ? Huh?

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 07, 2010, 11:12:43 AM »

So we have penis as an item ? Huh?
dude you're freakin me out  Screamy .also i was thinkin the electro mine should do this things: 1) stun the player, 2) do some damage, 3 and final) throw the player far away from the mine!. that way if you place it porperly you can freak out other guys too ^^

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 07, 2010, 11:33:35 AM »

something like that. of course when the mine throws you it doesn't damage you more.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 07, 2010, 11:47:37 AM »

Tribly is freakin out too  Who, Me?

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 07, 2010, 11:57:53 AM »

My Word! xD. anyway i forgot to suggest a new item. one of my friends suggested me an item that should be like the star on SSB. this item is:
-Blue Flame (Seven Minutes): for seven seconds you're sorrounded by blue flames that protect you from everything. if you touch an enemy (or the enemy touchs you) that enemy IS DEAD!. also it would be cool if the classic message "DO NOT TOUCH IT" appears over the head of the user =).
of course, we firts need permission from [Virtanen] but what do you think guys?

Zelonod the evil pudding
Level 0

I'm tasty evil pudding

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 07, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »

cool. Cool

I like pudding.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #631 on: June 07, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »

Nice mine graphics. The electro mine does look a bit suggestive, though.

That suggestion for the electro-mine sounds like it could be a bit too powerful. It might be better (and more accurate to the game) if it just did damage, without stunning or knockback.

The blue flame suggestion is absurdly overpowered. One of Indie Brawl's design points is that items should not be so powerful that they play a large role in the outcome of the combat. No items on the same power level as Starmen, Hammers or Hearts.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 07, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

Nice mine graphics. The electro mine does look a bit suggestive, though.

That suggestion for the electro-mine sounds like it could be a bit too powerful. It might be better (and more accurate to the game) if it just did damage, without stunning or knockback.

The blue flame suggestion is absurdly overpowered. One of Indie Brawl's design points is that items should not be so powerful that they play a large role in the outcome of the combat. No items on the same power level as Starmen, Hammers or Hearts.
about the mine i guess it's ok but about the flame i totally disagree. i said SEVEN SECONDS. yeah, it's powerful but it last just 7 freakin seconds.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #633 on: June 07, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »

7 seconds is an eternity in a fighting game. For a fast character like Nikujin, he could easily get multiple kills with the item without any defense being possible.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 07, 2010, 05:11:39 PM »

then just 7 seconds of invincibility?

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:32 PM »

It's still too powerful. I don't see how it's really true to the game. Touching the flame kills you, it doesn't save you from death.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 07, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »

it doesn't matter now but the message was "i got the flame. i'm the flame. do not touch me rawr!"

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 07, 2010, 06:01:16 PM »

If anything, I'd think the flame was something you'd want to avoid.

And I agree that the electro mine knockback is ridiculous. It should either have no knockback whatsoever, like Liero's flamer, or it should shock you and then throw you just out of the range of the mine.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #638 on: June 07, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »

I think the flame could act like the bumper from SSB (brawl, not sure if it was the same in 64) although with damage and less knockback.
It's just a harmless small flame when it spawns then once you throw it it travels few feet and becomes a harmful big flame. Also no friendly fire too. Only like the bumper in the way you use it.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:38 AM »

i tough the WaDF ball was the bumper on this game but it could work Smiley
P.D.: no item comments besides blue flame T.T?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:32:29 AM by -Frikman- » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic