Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:16:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2329906 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27380 on: October 10, 2017, 06:28:19 AM »

Is she a priest or a politician?
neither but check this out

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27381 on: October 10, 2017, 06:32:14 AM »

she made that entirely without power tools. she drilled through the metal by hand and used piercing supplies to make a fully articulated ball socket armature that's only 11.5cm tall. its crazy.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27382 on: October 10, 2017, 06:38:14 AM »

that's dope

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27383 on: October 10, 2017, 06:49:50 AM »

I need something like that in my life
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27384 on: October 10, 2017, 06:52:45 AM »

gotta say, i heartily recommend having a wife
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27385 on: October 10, 2017, 07:11:35 AM »

does any body in computer games need stop motion animation or is it just the earthworm jim guy in between his 10 year stints of intense meditation trying to erase gay people from existence by telekinesis
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27386 on: October 10, 2017, 07:19:19 AM »

gotta say, i heartily recommend having a wife

I meant the other weird creature
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27387 on: October 10, 2017, 07:25:22 AM »

I'm not looking for a dope aesthetic for my current project, but maybe in the future I'll be interested.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27388 on: October 10, 2017, 07:30:42 AM »

she was offered a job on that new wes anderson movie but it got fucked up because i was born in Literally the only country on earth where it somehow became a legal impossibility so i kind of owe her a life changing professional opportunity
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27389 on: October 10, 2017, 07:31:50 AM »

the wife is a double edged sword. on one side of the blade they make insanely intricate living maquettes of the human form. on the other this somehow embroils you in insane geopolitics which are your fault.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27390 on: October 10, 2017, 07:34:18 AM »

she was offered a job on that new wes anderson movie but it got fucked up because i was born in Literally the only country on earth where it somehow became a legal impossibility so i kind of owe her a life changing professional opportunity

Haha what happened to blow the deal? 
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27391 on: October 10, 2017, 07:41:02 AM »

Haha what happened to blow the deal? 
her work visa was running out and the film schedule got delayed. a company cant sponsor a work visa in this country without jumping through billions of hoops that nobody wants to do. i was studying at the time, and spouses of citizens of any country on earth except the united kingdom are allowed to live and work here, but spouses of british citizens need the british citizen to earn a specific amount of money which is set above the stipend i was receiving at the time.

if i was, for example, north korean, it wouldn't have been an issue. the tories are oedipally driven little goblin men and i'm going to shit on all of their final resting places.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27392 on: October 10, 2017, 08:58:36 AM »

That is no good and I hope for many lucrative and spiritually enriching puppet opportunities in the fullness of time
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27393 on: October 10, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »

[quietly retire any references of the project of making a digital puppetry system] Who, Me?

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27394 on: October 10, 2017, 09:53:29 AM »

That is no good and I hope for many lucrative and spiritually enriching puppet opportunities in the fullness of time
shes directing a short film that i cant show you atm but obviously that has less cachet than wes anderson
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27395 on: October 10, 2017, 10:03:16 AM »

[quietly retire any references of the project of making a digital puppetry system] Who, Me?
i think its a good idea. i showed her the fox engine gdc panel years ago and was like "hey with photogrammetry you would be able to easily duplicate props and stuff, you'd just have to fake the stop motion technique" and she was really dismissive about everything. funnily enough though she met the people who made marvelous designer as part of a lecture series and now she thinks it's a great idea and wants to use it to make all her puppet costumes moving forward, but it was a bad idea when i showed it to her in 2013.

i'm not sure if this ever got released but it's a good idea imo

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27396 on: October 10, 2017, 10:08:32 AM »

shes directing a short film that i cant show you atm but obviously that has less cachet than wes anderson

I have never seen any of his films
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27397 on: October 10, 2017, 10:10:17 AM »

I have never seen any of his films
ive only seen fantastic mr fox but its good in my opinion
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27398 on: October 10, 2017, 10:22:25 AM »

she made that entirely without power tools. she drilled through the metal by hand and used piercing supplies to make a fully articulated ball socket armature that's only 11.5cm tall. its crazy.

For perspective, I work in a machine shop and have access to space age computerized tools and still would not know the best way to go about making something that 1: is a functional puppet and 2: looks good

It is a good puppet
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27399 on: October 10, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »

i think its a good idea. i showed her the fox engine gdc panel years ago and was like "hey with photogrammetry you would be able to easily duplicate props and stuff, you'd just have to fake the stop motion technique" and she was really dismissive about everything. funnily enough though she met the people who made marvelous designer as part of a lecture series and now she thinks it's a great idea and wants to use it to make all her puppet costumes moving forward, but it was a bad idea when i showed it to her in 2013.

i'm not sure if this ever got released but it's a good idea imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsTo4LQoGg?

Well well, show her that
https://forum.unity.com/threads/harold-halibut-a-handmade-adventure-game.485436/

Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic