Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 06:58:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTradeRoute - Update 007 - The Economy Begins
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: TradeRoute - Update 007 - The Economy Begins  (Read 4886 times)
Actionman
Level 0

ermm...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »

Bonus GIF of the values updating in real time:

Actionman
Level 0

ermm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 03:19:19 PM »

Update 008 - The start of AI
So after working of the basics of the economy last week, giving ports their own value for resources and allowing the to create and destroy resources making a pseudo-random economy that fluctuates, this week I've been working on putting together a prototype of an NPC that will create competing trade routes and aims to maximise it's profits.

The current implementation involved re-writing the way that trade routes are created so as to devolve it enabling multiple players to create trade routes simultaneously without corrupting each other, I then created the basics of a Behaviour Tree to instruct the NPC to periodically create a new trade route between two random port.

Next week i'll hopefully be able to get the NPC to evaluate and pick ones that will benefit it most instead of just being random.

Actionman
Level 0

ermm...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »

Quick bonus gif of multiple NPCs creating trade routes randomly between ports:

I'm currently working on putting together my first video devlog for the game to better show off the features and gameplay so stay tuned for that.

@Aaron_Walwyn

Actionman
Level 0

ermm...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »

Another quick bonus gif showing the result of four NPCs, in the end they won't be making routes that quickly so there wouldn't be as much congestion.

@Aaron_Walwyn

Actionman
Level 0

ermm...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »

Here is a really nice example of how the trade routes can build up on a global scale:

@Aaron_Walwyn
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:08:48 AM by Actionman » Logged

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 04:52:32 AM »

Looking good! I would advise that you keep your image width below 800 pixels, makes for easier viewing. Since you're using Imgur you can change the size directly on their site. Can also be tweaked in the forum with the right tags. Something I do sometimes myself when I've realised that my screenshot was too big. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:00:45 AM by Greipur » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic