Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411587 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 07:30:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsdelete me
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: delete me  (Read 6371 times)
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 11:58:54 AM »

That looks a little like the abstract designs I was considering for 7dRTS (but real life intervened and I never got started) inspired by some abstract real-time games I made when I was learning to program in Turbo Pascal (a loooong time ago). It would be fun to update my ancient game ideas to a modern web client implementation, but not this week.
PowRTocH
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 01:44:01 AM »

How do you make a strategy game in 7 days? I guess if you have experience doing them already it wouldn't be as bad.

I'd posit that making an RTS in 7 days is easier than making an FPS in 7 days. The idea is to strip it down to its basic elements and emphasize/exaggerate the ones you want to highlight.

It's really good practice to see what a game actually needs rather than what's expected of it.
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 03:18:46 AM »

I made an RTS where you control elves protecting a forest from orcs.  You need resources (food, wood, stone) to make buildings and units, if you harvest the resources too aggresively the forest punishes you >D if you live in harmony with the forest, you get more magic.

Entry page

My first time making an RTS, unless you count tower defences I suppose.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic