Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:21:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVintage Story - 3D sandbox survival game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Vintage Story - 3D sandbox survival game  (Read 6685 times)
Tyron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »

Since the last post we've published the releases v1.0.9, v1.0.10, v1.1.0, v1.2.0, v1.2.1, v1.2.2, v1.2.3, v1.2.4, v1.2.5, v1.2.6 and v1.2.7

Check out the full history here: https://www.vintagestory.at/news.html/

Summarized summary of the updates:
- Survival Mode Additions:
  - Hunger
  - Smelting
  - Crafting
  - Inventory Bags
  - Food items: Berries, Vegetables, Bread, etc.
  - Farming

- Water Physics: Water flows and spreads now
- WorldEdit Toolset Additions
- Many mod api updates
- A big load of world gen improvements and additions
- Linux Friendly Version
- Many new blocks
- Many optimizations, fixes, tweaks, etc.
- Growing saplings, working water buckets, regrowing berry bushes, website story page, website media page overhaul, block info hud, etc...

No screenshots, they are so difficult to add properly here :/
You can take a look at the media page though: https://www.vintagestory.at/media.html/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:57:03 AM by Tyron » Logged
Tyron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 01:09:33 AM »

Since my last update post I've released the versions 1.2.8, 1.2.9, 1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2 and 1.3.3

Some of the new features since then:

* New Smelting System immersive smelting and alloying
* First basic hostile creature and basic combat: More work is needed, but the basics are there!
* Animation Editor to easily create animations that can (not yet) be loaded by the game
* Ingot Piles and Wood Piles to show your riches
* Tool Racks convenient tool storage
* Block Ambient Sound System Any block may now play ambient sounds, first use is lava and flowing water blocks
* Creative Tabs The creative inventory is now categorized by tabs
* 3 new original music tracks
* Cave Ambient sound system Dynamically composes a cave track from 33 different parts
* Many new blocks, such as a table, chair, crate, barrels, etc.
* A bunch of world edit updates and ingame video recording tools

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:43:55 PM by Tyron » Logged
Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 12:12:33 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm the composer for this game. We've made some significant progress since the last update, so I figured I'd share some of the new features we've added. I'll try to post here more regularly, but we'll have to see where that goes. Here's a rundown of what we added with each of our latest updates:

1.3.4 (smallish update)

- Added falling block physics
- Added a skull cow block
- bugfixes
- Added plate piles for stacking metal resources

1.3.4.1 (hotfix)

- bugfixes
- fog is foggier
- improvements to bloom and godray shaders

- Performance improvements (FPS boost, increased chuck tessellation speed)
- Improvements to Mod API
- World generation tweaks
- Bugfixes
- First Smithing features added (introduced forge block, basalt, obsidian, anvils, hot ingots, etc.)

1.3.5.1 & 1.3.5.2 (hotfix)

- Bugfixes

- World gen now generates structures called ruins (much more to come later)
- New model for first hostile enemy called a "Drifter"
- Hens, Roosters, and Chicks added
- Smithing system fully implemented

1.3.6.1 (hotfix)

- Bugfixes

1.3.7 (current patch as of 7/8/17)

- Explosives added
- New music
- New block and resources
- World Edit Toolbar/GUI

That should get everyone caught up on where we're at. I'll try to make another post soon explaining where we are headed and highlighting some of the in game features that we haven't covered here yet!

Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »

Hey again everyone!

I wanted to give a quick update.

We just presented Vintage Story at the 4 day ReVersed Festival in Vienna, Austria. Overall the reception was great, and we made some awesome new friends. Players seemed most interested in the smithing system we've added to the game, so we're definitely going to be looking at expanding it as well as looking at other feedback we got.

We just released 1.3.8 and 1.3.8.1 as well. This update added:
- Loot vessels
- The ability to take giant (4x) screenshots
- Plenty of tweaks
- Bugfixes
- Wolves

Right now we're working on potential color grading options to give Vintage Story a more unique look/feel, but we're also going to have a meeting very soon about where to take the game next. Please let us know if you have any ideas!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:01:25 PM by Lo-Phi » Logged

Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 01:42:01 AM »

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we released 1.3.9 recently.

It wasn't a huge update, but it added a few new things:
- Gold and Silver tools
- 3 new music tracks
- Improved Survival Features
- Bugfixes
- Archery

I'll also try to make a post soon about what our plans are for the not too distant future. We had a meeting recently to discuss where we want things to head, and I'm excited to share!

Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 06:35:56 AM »

We just released 1.4.0!

This was another patch mainly for stability, but we added a few notable things:
- Added Shears for removing tree leaves easily
- Added the ability to delay block lighting while using world edit tools (very useful for speeding up operations while building gigantic creations with the world edit tools)
- Added a 6 slot backpack for use early on in Survive and Build mode
- Lots of tweaks and bugfixes
- Multiplayer is now offically a tested and stable feature
- Added Quartz glass

Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 01:10:43 PM »

Hey everyone,

I mentioned that we had a meeting to discuss where the game should be heading in the not-so-distant future, so I figured I'd take the time to share now.

There are three main things we are focused on right now:
-Visually distinguishing our game
-Balancing the Survive and Build mode
-Adding story elements

As far as visually distinguishing our game goes, we don't have an exact direction. We're just trying things and hoping something will stick. Some ideas we're tossing around are shadows/shaders, various color filters, tweaking the UI to be more unique, breaking down repeating textures to de-emphasize individual blocks, and block outlining/inking to emphasize larger structures. Beyond this, we're continuing to work on visual flair such as tons of vegetation, adding fireflies, etc. If anyone has any ideas on how to visually distinguish Vintage Story, please do share!

We've also been doing a lot of Survive and Build playtesting to make the progression much more fun and intuitive. We've come a long way in the past couple of weeks thanks to our friends in the Vintage Story discord. We're also trying to improve the game's tutorial, because we aren't too fond of the idea of players needing to consult a wiki every time they want to make an item they already have. The idea moving forward is to give players a journal that functions as a both a tutorial and a resource to give players information on the story (where they will find pages on their journey to add to the book). Eventually the player might also be able to log their own travels in the journal as well. There are a lot of possibilities here.

The journal will be the main source of the story for right now, but we're also slowly adding in handmade structures that the game will randomly add to the scenery. We've been tossing around tons of other really neat ideas as well in regards to the story, but I don't want to spoil anything yet!

In other news, we released 1.4.1 fairly recently. It was mostly just bugfixes, and was technically supposed to be 1.4.0.1... Oops!

Just for fun, here's a pic our builder took very recently of the landscape he is currently building in:

Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »

Always down for cool looking voxel games. Following this

Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »

Thanks Josh, we really appreciate that!

----------------

I missed a few updates due to being on a road trip, but since I got back we've released 1.4.1, 1.4.2, and 1.4.2.1!

Two of these updates were mostly bugfixes and tweaks, but one was a major update to the Survive and Build mode. Here's some of what was changed:
- Grass now waves with the wind, and dust particles show in warm and wet climates
- Added clay forming
- You can light blocks on fire now with torches
- Added pumpkins (with a unique and realistic way of growing them), throwing rocks, and oil lamps
- You can now cast copper and bronze tools using the new clay forming system
- There's a new music track
- "Fast Graphics Mode" and loading worlds are both significantly faster
- Added some new crafting recipes

Clay Forming:

Fire:

Tool Casting:

Waving Grass and Dust Particles:

Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »

Over the past few weeks we released a few new versions of the game including:
1.4.3, 1.4.3.1, and 1.4.3.2!

There have been a lot of changes with these updates, but the one I'm most excited about is holdable torches and dynamic lighting (see video below). We're hoping this will significantly improve the Survive and Build mode within Vintage Story.

Here are some of the most notable features in the latest versions:
- New creatures including a completed wolf family and a completed bighorn sheep family
- New blocks including iron doors and fences, aged planks, tables, and beds, seaweed, and muddy gravel
- World generation updates to include seabeds and seaweed in deep lakes
- An option to pause
- Improved clayforming
- Tons of tweaks and bugfixes
- Dynamic lights that can be held and dropped in the world

Dynamic Lighting and Holdable Torches:

Aged blocks:

Bighorn Sheep:

Seabeds:

Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 06:47:04 AM »

Hey everyone!

It's been a little while, so I've missed a few updates. Over the past 2 months we released versions 1.4.4, 1.4.4.1, 1.4.5, 1.4.5.2, and 1.4.6. This latest version marks our first official Survival release and the complete foundation of the Iron Age within the game. We've also released an official trailer for this milestone. Check it out:

Here's an (incomplete) list of some of the most exciting features that have come out since the last update:
-Added Flint Knapping feature for creating tools out of flint
-Added Spears
-Implemented the Iron Age within Vintage Story, meaning you can construct bloomeries for high temperature smelting--All iron tools have been added
-Creatures now have various emotional states such as aggression and fear
-Chopping the lowest block of a tree causes the entire tree to fall
-Official Mac OS X release
-Clayforming improvements
-Godray improvements
-Inventory quickfilling feature
-Underground Ruins now spawn in game, marking the beginnings of the storytelling process within Vintage Story
-Added bamboo, which drop bamboo stakes for planks
-TONS of bugfixes, tweaks, and improvements

Here are some screen shots/gifs of some of the new stuff:

Bloomeries:

Bamboo:

Vintage Story running on Mac:

Improved Godrays:

Slot Quickfill:

Tyron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2018, 11:23:38 PM »

8 Months later, still active as ever. We released the major feature updates v1.4.7, v1.4.8, v1.4.9, v1.5.0, v1.5.1, v1.5.2, and v1.5.3

Some of the major features include ore prospecting, moon phases, fireflies, new creatures (boars and locusts), dynamic shadows, a mod manager, a complete overhaul of the player model with 35+ animations, sleeping in beds, customizable player outfits, in-world dialogs und multi gui features, in-world chat messages, new tools, new blocks, bee keeping system, regrowing grass, dozens of wearable outfits, open to lan option for singleplayer, teleporters, microblock chiseling, a major story update (lootable story pieces and a journal) and a lot more

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic