Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 07:00:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLegend of Lumina [Monster raising, Farming, Village, Multiplayer, JRPG] (Unity)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Legend of Lumina [Monster raising, Farming, Village, Multiplayer, JRPG] (Unity)  (Read 5107 times)
Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2016, 09:27:05 PM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devlog #1: Fishing
Devlog #2: Combat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend of Lumina is a monster raising RPG with farming, town building and multiplayer.You take on the role as a Hero conceived by the Mushroom of Light and fulfill your destiny by restoring your village, Lumina to it's former glory.

Lumina Farm is all you have at the beginning and it is a place for you to farm and raise your beloved monsters. There are more than 50 types of plants to grow throughout the year and more than 500 monsters to tame and collect in the world.There are also crafting, fishing, logging, mining and many more features in the game.

We were inspired by Rune Factory series and Digimon World to create Legend of Lumina. We are all gamers like you and we really love monster raising especially when you can mount all of them! <3

Legend of Lumina revolves around taming and raising monsters to aid you through your adventure. In order to progress through the game, you will have to tame and raise lots of different monsters.

But before taming and raising monsters, you will have to acquire enough resources to sustain them. By resources we mean food and Lux(Lumina currency). Both of them can be found through farming as crops can act as a source of food or be sold for Lux in the village. Taming feature will be covered in more details down below.

Last but not least, while you venture the world you will come across many wandering NPCs. You can recruit them and have access to more resources to expand Lumina village. Make sure to keep an eye on the people or monsters who needs your help.

Basically the game features the following points:

• Grow crops for food and Lux(Lumina Currency)
  • Tame and raise monsters
  • Adventure(Story, Crafting, Fishing, Mining, Logging.etc)
  • Recruit NPC(Village expansion)
  • Unlock new region and resources
    ->Back to growing better crops and raising stronger monsters
But of course you are free to do whatever you see fit in your current stage of progression as this is just a rough idea of how the gameplay is going to be. You are free to explore the game at your own pace.

Monsters are the center of the game and they fit in your everyday lives. They will help you out in every aspects of the game as you acquire more monsters. Each of the monsters posses their own strength and weaknesses and they can pick up certain role in your adventure.

Most monsters can serve more purpose than just combat as some of them are better suited for watering crops and some are better at defending your farm, so pick those that suits you the most in your current situation.

Although all of them are different, they share a similar trait, which is all of them are mountable! Every single monster that you see in the game is tamable and mountable, including the gigantic bosses.(Gigantic bosses can evolve further as well!)

Riding and raising monster is really awesome but you will have to tame them in the wild first. In order to tame one of these mythical beasts, you will have to figure out their favorite food and feed it to them.

Once the monster is fed and satisfied, you can climb on it's back and start taming it. Monsters will try to shake you off while you are at it so you need to keep your balance behind their back. If you manage to hold on to their back until they give up, the tame will be successful.

But if you fail, you can always try again in the near future. Just make sure to stock up on the tasty snacks.

Your beloved monster partners does not stay in one form forever and they will metamorph as you feed them different food that you come across in the world or your farm.

Each of them prefer certain type of food and those food will trigger their morphing. Most of them have multiple metamorph pattern so try to feed them different food and observe the outcome.

Not all monsters metamorph with the same method, some require slightly different method so keep exploring to find the clue to unlock all the monsters.

You can mount your beloved monsters once you have acquired enough affection from them. It is really easy to raise the affection level if you feed them and pet them on daily basis.

Once the affection level is above certain level, you can mount them into combat and each of them possess different skills. You can use all the monster’s attack and cast all their skill once you are mounted on them.

Monsters come in different shape and sizes and some can be rarer than others. You can find different rarities of monsters throughout the world and the rarer they are, the stronger they get so keep an eye for those with strange looking pattern and particles around them.

Here's the normal Nurago(left), Shadow Nurago(Middle) and Luminous Nurago(Right).

The Shadow monsters are usually stronger than normal monsters and Luminous monsters are usually stronger than shadow so make sure to not let them get away if you managed to find one. Each greater rarity will result in higher general stats for the monsters and will even affect their skills.

The rarities are not limited to Shadow and Luminous but we won't spoil it here. =)

This is Lumina farm and it's the place where magic happens. You can grow all sorts of magical crops here and they are your best source of food and income. Each crops varies in sale price and will net you a lot of Lux(Lumina currency) if you sell them to the local stores.

If the crops are well taken care of, they will fuse together and become extremely huge and nutritious. It will require lots of hard work and dedication to allow the crops to transform. Nine of the crops will fuse together and form a gigantic crop and they will sell for much higher price and serve more purposes.

Crops can also come in different rarities and rarer ones require additional care to grow. Even though it is more challenging to grow rare crops, the result is usually worth the wait as they can fetch a good price and are required for legendary monsters to grow.

Lumina Village is your home and is filled with lovely mushrooms. But due to a catastrophe in the past, it is no longer a prosperous and wealthy village.

There's only a few villagers and stores in the village at the beginning of the game so it is your effort to recruit and attract more villagers to join the village.

There are many ways to recruit NPCs to the village and one of them is to recruit sufficient monsters to the town so the villagers will acquire help to rebuild their stores and homes. As you work your way to make Lumina Village a better place, you will find yourself closer to the truth of your identity.

Villagers are your main source of progression and they will unlock special features of the game for you if you build enough relationship with them. Each of the villagers is unique and you can befriend them by interacting with them.

Residents of Lumina village are not limited to humans. Some of them can be really different but all of them will work together in harmony in the peaceful village.

Meet “Curry”, the angler! He will sell you fishing related items and help you through your fishing journey once you have unlocked him as a resident in Lumina.

Interactions with villagers include and are not limited to:

• Gifts: Present them with gifts to improve relationship.
  • Quest: Villagers will request for your aid once in awhile and will reward you with something unexpected.
  • Crafting: Some villagers are skillful at certain art and you will require their aid to acquire certain items.
  • Trade: Some villagers will setup their store in the village so you can buy and sell your items with them.
  • Marriage: By accumulating enough friendship, or finishing a series of quest, you can marry some of the villager in Lumina.

You will unlock more villagers as you progress through the story and you only start with a handful of villagers and limited resources. Help them and they will help you restore Lumina village.

Explore the world around Lumina and you will find plenty of unique biomes and all of them are inhabited by special monsters. No two area is identical in the wild and they are all filled with puzzles and secrets to unlock.

Beside normal monsters, each biome is filled with Mini-bosses, Hidden-bosses and Champions. Each of them spawn under certain circumstances and some can only be encountered if you are lucky.

Here’s some sneak peak of the biomes:

You can also find different skill spheres in the biomes as you venture through the wilderness and those spheres enable you to cast certain skill at will at a cost of your stamina. Only 2 skill spheres can be equipped at any given time so make sure you have picked the right skill before engaging in combat.

In order to restore Lumina, plenty of resources are required to build and sustain the village. Lucky for us, those can be found across the land and every biome offer specific resources. Travel around the world and you will find the material that you and your village needs.You can find many resources by logging and mining.

Plenty of fish can be found in the water and they can be used as food or crafting materials.Craft or acquire a fishing pole and you can start fishing in the wild. There are more than 100+ species of fish to catch around the world!

Remember to upgrade your fishing pole when you try to challenge the legendary fishes in each biome as they can put up a tough fight!

As you venture deeper to find the truth, you will need better equipment as you can be easily overwhelmed by the monsters further down the road. There are plenty of equipment to craft to combat that issue. Here's some sneak peak of the equipment:

You can also craft lots of other stuff such as tools, food, gift, house decorations, materials and much more. Have we told you that some monsters are only obtainable by crafting...? Yes, you can craft monsters! We will not spoil too much about it here as we want you to find out in the game on your own.

Adventure can be fun with your monster partner, but wouldn't it be more fun if you can do it with your friends? That is what we have always been experiencing while playing RPG games so we would like to remove the barrier between players so they can share the experience together.

You can plant crops and take care of your monsters together with your friends in the farm. Everyone can be responsible for different task such as plowing the land, planting seeds or watering the plants.

We plan to allow up to 4 players co-op for Legend of Lumina as any number of players beyond that limit would make the game unbalanced.

More about the game coming soon!
Some issue with imgur, was not able to upload more images... We will keep updating as we develop further.

You can check out our Square Enix Collective campaign now instead. =)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:12:44 PM by Popomaro » Logged

I love whales.
Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »

This looks adorable. I definitely got the Rune Factory/Digimon vibes even before you mentioned it. Good luck with the Collective campaign!

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 07:25:19 PM »

Thank you! We really love those games and there are just too few of them on the market right now. Sadly Rune factory 4 is the last one after the closing of Neverland.  Cry

I love whales.
maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 11:26:14 AM »

I came from the gifs thread! I really like how adorable this is looking :D

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 02:48:02 PM »

This looks super cute. Will I be able to battle with the monsters I raise, or is it all about giving them a happy home?

Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 08:40:47 PM »

@Maruki
Thank you! Glad you like it! :D

@bdsowers
Thank you! You can do both, are much more. They can even help you out in your farm(Plow land, planting, watering and harvesting) and village building as well. Smiley

@ConkrMich
Thanks! We will keep this dev log updated frequently. :D

I love whales.
Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 07:30:09 AM »

Updated Combat, farming and monster rarities feature! :D

I love whales.
Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 11:59:34 PM »

Updated the main post but some the titles seems to be out of position for some reason, the preview showed up correctly but the post in not. I'll try to fix it as soon as i can. Shrug

Please enjoy the current updated and feedback is appreciated.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:35:17 AM by Popomaro » Logged

I love whales.
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 07:01:47 AM »

Wow this looks super-polished. How long have you been working on it? How far along are you?  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
NetprogsGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 09:37:56 AM »

Wow, this look amazing, nice work! Can't wait to see more of it as you progress!

Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 06:27:47 PM »

@Pixel Noise
Thank you! We have been working on it for around a year now. We are currently at 35% of the development. Smiley

@NetprogsGames
Arigato("Thank you" in Japanese)! We will do our best to update the Dev log. Smiley

I love whales.
Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 12:31:58 AM »

Updated Villagers section! Please leave a feedback. Smiley

I love whales.
Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 08:20:59 AM »

Updated more on biomes. :D

I love whales.
Manaflow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 04:06:56 AM »

Looks pretty neat. I have always been a fan of the harvest moon style games.

Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 08:32:07 PM »

@Manaflow
Glad you like it! We love harvest moon series too and it has inspired us to create Legend of Lumina. Smiley

I love whales.
AaronTooNerdy
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 11:46:45 PM »

The game looks interesting. The art reminds me of Krosmaster.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:57:06 PM by AaronTooNerdy » Logged
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 03:13:51 AM »

Are you sure this isn't either overambitious or unfocused? To me it seems like you're trying to put 4 games into 1, which although "expands your audience" from a marketing standpoint probably won't make for a very concise experience.
It's hard to judge just from a couple of screenshots though. The artstyle is nice and what you have so far looks decently polished, but who knows what the game's actually like.

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 04:32:54 AM »

The art looks really good. If you're going to the Rune Factory/JRPG fans you're in the right direction Smiley

Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 07:00:32 PM »

@AaronTooNerdy
Thanks! I've not heard of Krosmaster but just googled it and it does have some similarity. :D

@Torchkas
What you say might be true, that is why we are pulling 12+ hours a day with a team of 6 to make sure we can provide the best experience for the players. But we will keep in mind to not go overboard. Smiley

@Tuba
Thanks! Rune Factory is one of our favorite franchise and it has inspired us to create Legend of Lumina. :D

I love whales.
Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 08:14:53 PM »

Updated "Resources" section! Leave us a feedback! :D

I love whales.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic