Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411792 Posts in 69413 Topics- by 58459 Members - Latest Member: DANDAN1

May 28, 2024, 01:00:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPaper Knight's Story
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Paper Knight's Story  (Read 5433 times)
Mojo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 01:46:52 PM »

Yeah the bashing was a bit over reaction, Some game are so unique they NEED to be rip off, I mean nobody bat an eye if you do yet another realistic shooter, those are clearly rip off of each other.

If anything this game is a total rip off of FF7, look at the main character spiky  hair  Mock Anger its outrageous!
I agree and it does apply to a lot of indy games but it's seen as some sort of homagage rather than inspiration or in worse cases ripoff.
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »

This is looking ever-more-awesome, and to those that seem to be complaining that it's inspired by Paper Mario: why not?
In-Qu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »

Thanks for all the comments!

About the music: it's still being worked on.  It's probably not quite "there" yet, but I still want to keep trying rather than relying on someone else at this point. That is still an option though, but I don't want to explore it yet.

I think most people have come around from the initial criticism.  The gripes were legitimate, and they did help me make things look better, so I don't mind it too much.

In regards to the Paper Mario inspiration, I'm a fanboy at heart.  I guess most people here create games because they get original/innovative ideas.  I'm the guy who twiddles his thumbs as two new FPS's hit the market a year and I'm left waiting 4 or 5 years between releases of my favorite games. No, I'm not criticizing the popularity of certain types of games, I'm just acknowledging the fact that the market isn't going to be flooded with Paper Mario's, The World Ends With You's, Ace Attorney's or the like so I might as well do my part and make the kind of games I want to play (And hopefully, a few other people too!).
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic