Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411593 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 09:08:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJaguma Game Engine (AS3)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Jaguma Game Engine (AS3)  (Read 866 times)
Spring Missile
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2012, 04:23:06 PM »

Hey, I've began making a small engine called Jaguma in ActionScript 3.0 which I plan to release later in development. I have made a fair bit of progress at the moment and I am making posts on my website, SpringMissile. I will post regular updates on the progress and it'd be cool if you followed the development process if you're interested! Smiley

I'll also answer and questions and such here Smiley

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »

Cool. More game engines're good. Why'd you choose Flash as a 'platform', by chance?

Spring Missile
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »

Well, when I was a newbie a few years back (around age 14), I started learning ActionScript 2 because it's an easy way into the programming world for me. Since that, I starting learning ActionScript 3 and the technology of the Flash Platform started to improve and Stage3D was released, then I decided to learn more about that.

It's just because I feel most comfortable with Flash to be honest, I've tried Java, that's my second favourite but I like to try and avoid C++ because linking libraries and such scares me haha! Smiley

Spring Missile
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:22:04 AM »

Added file streaming now Smiley Well, light support for it. It's explained in this post: http://goo.gl/cO9Ak

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic