Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 06:19:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUntitled Platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Untitled Platformer  (Read 929 times)
Porkchops for Breakfast
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:01:30 AM »

This is a simple platforming game to help me get familiar with Flash/AS3. It is my first attempt, so it might not turn out great.

I'm attempting a collage style for the graphics (I can't draw), but right now it's a bit barren. Hopefully, things will begin to look better as I add more details. Who, Me?

Wish me luck:
Porkchops for Breakfast
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 10:07:30 AM »

Well, good luck. I have no experience in Flash (well, outside of Stencyl), so I don't know how tough it would be programming-wise, but trust me, platformer games are a pretty good choice to start a language with, they're simple and really fun to make (IMHO). Also, that collage style looks interesting to me for some reason.
Porkchops for Breakfast
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »

So, I probably made the game too ridiculously simple (the game won't have anything much more complex than a jump button). I'm not even planning on adding enemies. Programming right now seems almost like a non-issue. Collision detection is finished (sort of), but right now there isn't anything to collide with.

Content is probably going to take most of my time. The following images are basically mockups. I'm still not even close to being able to present gameplay, I think. Embarrassed

This near the starting position. Yes, I'm using a photo of Chicago.

This is closer to the end of the game. I think the clouds make it work.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic