Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 07:22:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1497 1498 [1499] 1500 1501 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7297020 times)
Diabetes Forecast
« Reply #29960 on: August 20, 2015, 06:16:14 AM »

I make robots with tits to get extra cash on the side I don't see how 'following societal norms' or whatever strawman makes sense.

I am also exceptionally boring please do not pay attention to me.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29961 on: August 20, 2015, 08:05:19 AM »

the notion that drawing tits isn't an act of rebellion sure upset some people huh

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #29962 on: August 20, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »

People keep saying my potentional company name looks silly. I was hoping some visual aid would help them form a bit of an image.
(Invoke Super is can be either referenced to activating your super abillity/form in a video game, or calling a parent's constructor in programming  Tongue )

What do you guys think?

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29963 on: August 20, 2015, 12:44:42 PM »

I like them flat anyway

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #29964 on: August 20, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »

People keep saying my potentional company name looks silly. I was hoping some visual aid would help them form a bit of an image.
(Invoke Super is can be either referenced to activating your super abillity/form in a video game, or calling a parent's constructor in programming  Tongue )

What do you guys think?

I don't think it's a good idea to wobble the type all the time. But i like the name and the idea behind it. You could go with a stomp and shockwave effect along these lines (you would have to create a better impact, of course):

Canned Turkey
« Reply #29965 on: August 20, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »

People keep saying my potentional company name looks silly.

I agree. If it's not set in stone, I would suggest changing it.
Maybe something that keeps the concept, but doesn't sound off when you read it out-loud, like final form or something.
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29966 on: August 20, 2015, 11:52:25 PM »

hey, "super" is a cool word, but "invoke" is kind of anti cool. if you want oomph, maybe use more oomph:y words.

like "oomph"

"super oomph"

there's your new company name! congratulations ur welcome

(kidding, but yeah)

(also sometimes when you're doing weird silly things you're doing things right. sometimes you can't know in advance and just keep the silly if you're in love with it)
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29967 on: August 21, 2015, 12:03:23 AM »

What do you guys think?

As @Jad said, Invoke Super doesn't sound too cool. The "super" is great but "invoke" sucks. You can change the "invoke" for another word and also the order. Play with it.

omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #29968 on: August 21, 2015, 11:32:28 AM »

mockup of underwater zelda type thingg

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #29969 on: August 21, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »

wait you can't fall in the hole then!

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #29970 on: August 21, 2015, 01:03:44 PM »

Of course you can, only slower.  Roll Eyes
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #29971 on: August 21, 2015, 04:53:40 PM »

What do you guys think?

I don't think it's a good idea to wobble the type all the time. But i like the name and the idea behind it. You could go with a stomp and shockwave effect along these lines (you would have to create a better impact, of course):

Yeah that's what I've heard some other people say. I wanted the words to "bump" the character as an activation of it's power. But I guess it is indeed not too nice on the eys.

People keep saying my potentional company name looks silly.

I agree. If it's not set in stone, I would suggest changing it.
Maybe something that keeps the concept, but doesn't sound off when you read it out-loud, like final form or something.
It is already set in stone as of today, but thanks for the feedback :p

hey, "super" is a cool word, but "invoke" is kind of anti cool. if you want oomph, maybe use more oomph:y words.

like "oomph"

"super oomph"

there's your new company name! congratulations ur welcome

(kidding, but yeah)

(also sometimes when you're doing weird silly things you're doing things right. sometimes you can't know in advance and just keep the silly if you're in love with it)
Well, as I explained in the first post it actually holds meaning in programming :p But yeah when you're not knowledgeable of that I guess it sounds silly. You could interpret "super" as "super move", invoke super move makes a bit more sense (in video games at least, as the player is the one who invokes the character's power).
But yeah I understand, I was hoping the animation would help a bit.
The "()" around the character are actually there to imply a function invoke "invokesuper()", but they could also be interpreted as a cursor that is selecting the character on which to invoke it's super move. I thought it was reasonably smart  Shrug

What do you guys think?

As @Jad said, Invoke Super doesn't sound too cool. The "super" is great but "invoke" sucks. You can change the "invoke" for another word and also the order. Play with it.
Seems the general opinion is clear now. I'm keeping it though, but thanks anyway :p

Canned Turkey
« Reply #29972 on: August 21, 2015, 05:23:07 PM »

Well, as I explained in the first post it actually holds meaning in programming :p But yeah when you're not knowledgeable of that I guess it sounds silly.

We know what it means, it just doesn't really work as a company name.
Just like <head> doesn't work as a website name, even if it has a lot to do with websites.
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #29973 on: August 21, 2015, 07:36:04 PM »

Well, as I explained in the first post it actually holds meaning in programming :p But yeah when you're not knowledgeable of that I guess it sounds silly.

We know what it means, it just doesn't really work as a company name.
Just like <head> doesn't work as a website name, even if it has a lot to do with websites.
hmm you guys have me reconsidering right now, thanks for the feedback. I have to register my company on wednesday so I have some time left  Shrug

orange_magik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29974 on: August 22, 2015, 09:17:32 AM »

Hello there! I've started to do pixels recently, thanks to @pixel_dailies & it's followers. Wanna share!

'Out of Gas', 12 colors.

'Ramen Airship', 12 colors.

'Titan', 13 colors.

'Bullitts'

'Shopkeeper'

'Tot Samyy', 24 colors.

'Fossil of War', 8 colors.

'Mimic', 16 colors, 6 frames.

'Brooklyn Baby', 20 colors.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29975 on: August 22, 2015, 09:19:49 AM »

I like how you dither. A lot.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #29976 on: August 22, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »

well that orange was truly magic, all the other colors too

Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #29977 on: August 22, 2015, 10:51:44 AM »

64x64 commissions

edit:

actually here's more stuff too

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:16:22 AM by Shawny » Logged

absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29978 on: August 22, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »

Annnd I'm back today with some more stuff!

Silent Hill RPG WIP:

http://absolute8studio.tumblr.com/

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29979 on: August 22, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »

@Shawny  , are your commissions made into a game or something? If so i'm really curious to see the end result because your pixel art is epic.
Pages: 1 ... 1497 1498 [1499] 1500 1501 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic