Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411621 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 02:20:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Sprites for a 2D outer space game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sprites for a 2D outer space game  (Read 12297 times)
fearthewild
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »

Hello!

I am working on a little 2D space game for my Bachelor's degree and I was wondering if there are any freely available sprites that I can use. I could really use anything at all that is slightly related, since I'll need ships, planets, some sort of walls/asteroid debris, etc.. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to pay an artist and my art skills are that of a programmer Wink. All I found so far is the sprite pack for Tyrian and, although it is awesome, I don't want to completely rip-off their graphics.

Nevertheless, I will try to make my own pixel-art if I have to. I've seen some very good tutorials posted here, so I'll give them a shot. Also, I can't wait to post my first screenshots! I hope there are people here that share my obsession of space ships. Grin

Thank you in advance! Smiley
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:57:42 AM »

Try going here and searching for "space". You can use anything on this site freely.

wademcgillis
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »

Try going here and searching for "space". You can use anything on this site freely.
Even for commercial products?
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:36:14 AM »

Depends on the license of the piece. Some can be used commercially and some not.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic