Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:38:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs N D E [:)]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
Print
Author Topic: N D E [:)]  (Read 53244 times)
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36814103/music%20doodles/woahthere.ogg for some cave

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »

still finishing up work on the indiestatik kickstarter game but i have been working on some larger portraits that i might use either for NPC dialogue or background art(?)

pooped out a music https://soundcloud.com/mushroomificationify/cavern-lake

im working on another thing that is exciting but maybe more visual progress after this IS game..Huh???!??!?!?

Malleus Inferni
Level 0

The worst person in the world

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »

Also, another thing im having trouble with is a way to explain to people with words the way the splitting system works- the basic idea is this

You are the continued intersected existance of yourself over three planes. When you "hit" one of them is knocked loose, and you can switch control between the two, "hit" again and there is three.

Some things split you up, others stick you together, some things can only be effected by a version of "yourself" from a specific plane. IE a pink dude can walk through pink walls, or hit pink switches.

The pressure plates ive been trying to explain are based on the character-standing-on-it's dimensional "weight" or- how many pieces you have left of yourself.

This is a really cool idea. It sounds like it's inspired a little bit by Schrödinger's cat. If that's the case, you could rename "HP" to "waveform coherence," and use little sine wave samples as the graphic for it. If you're in one piece, you see one big sine wave. If not, you see several running in parallel, or out of phase with each other. When you're moving from body to body, maybe it turns into noise. When you get hit, your quantum waveform is either "decohering" or "collapsing," depending on the effects.
mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2013, 06:49:45 AM »

Also, another thing im having trouble with is a way to explain to people with words the way the splitting system works- the basic idea is this

You are the continued intersected existance of yourself over three planes. When you "hit" one of them is knocked loose, and you can switch control between the two, "hit" again and there is three.

Some things split you up, others stick you together, some things can only be effected by a version of "yourself" from a specific plane. IE a pink dude can walk through pink walls, or hit pink switches.

The pressure plates ive been trying to explain are based on the character-standing-on-it's dimensional "weight" or- how many pieces you have left of yourself.

This is a really cool idea. It sounds like it's inspired a little bit by Schrödinger's cat. If that's the case, you could rename "HP" to "waveform coherence," and use little sine wave samples as the graphic for it. If you're in one piece, you see one big sine wave. If not, you see several running in parallel, or out of phase with each other. When you're moving from body to body, maybe it turns into noise. When you get hit, your quantum waveform is either "decohering" or "collapsing," depending on the effects.

That was actually part of the original idea, however now the idea is that the universe consists of three seperate universes, so when you split up it is just alternate versions of you.

however most of the terminology for that would fit with the theme (universes collapsing in on eachother etc)

thanks for the suggestion!

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »

http://tindeck.com/listen/qzlm  Blink

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: October 23, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »

i made some tiles  Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left

RedPandaWasTaken
Level 0

oh, honey

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 23, 2013, 11:59:11 PM »

show me

...please?
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: October 24, 2013, 06:28:56 AM »

I've seen it  Gomez

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

show me

...please?
im experimenting with some things and i dont want to post it yet

heres some npc im drafting though (i just got some pet snails too..)

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »

devlog haiku
drank lots of coffee
my chest hurts a lot right now
if i die, oh well  Shrug

Chis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »

I like the emote but I think it adds too many syllables.

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2013, 06:21:25 AM »

as the other game im working on gets closer to being finished i'm working on setting up a barch-puter by installing some disto on linux on to my laptop, my hope is that the unfamiliarity with the os will

1 - cut down on any distractions i might have when working on my desktop full of games and fun things
2 - learn more stuff
3 - Huh?

devlog haiku 2

still drawing out tiles
i haven't touched the code much
first area needs more work

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2013, 07:02:05 AM »

<item hbyO="-46" hbxO="0" hby="5" hbx="13" solid="true" name="buzzy machine" sound="0" type="9">
   <desc s="It's a machine that emits a quiet buzz."/>
   <desc s="If you blink really fast it looks like there are multiple of them."/>
   <desc s="Did the buzzing get louder?"/>
   <desc s="It smells like sulfur and is totally buzzing louder now."/>
</item>

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: November 01, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »

devlog haiku 3
at a train station
this is the soundscape that plays there
woopdee doodle doo doo
http://tindeck.com/listen/stdc

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »

I've seen this game around the place but never actually looked at the devlog, looks pretty cool so far, love the graphics and sound.

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: November 03, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »

thanks jono
heres something for the revision of the first area
http://tindeck.com/listen/uisg

caelanreid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2013, 06:56:29 PM »

this game is cool SmileySmiley
mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »

heres a playlist of some of the music for this game /made by me/ as of now https://soundcloud.com/mushroomificationify/sets/nde
sorry i dont have anything cool to show, it's mostly boring stuff but there may be a really cool thing before the end of the year and also a cool thing next year?

almost done with my other game project w/ magdev, burrito galaxy, though

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »

What in the weird wonderful hell?!   Hand Thumbs Up Right  Hand Clap

Glad I found this game.

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »

hey thanks

also my other game is out tomorrow ill post a link when it is but its for indiestatik kickstarter backers

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic