Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:14:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScatteria [2d post-apocalyptic platformer] Singleplayer alpha released!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Scatteria [2d post-apocalyptic platformer] Singleplayer alpha released!  (Read 25276 times)
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 12:13:43 PM »

do you know when (roughly) something playable will be available?
I am aiming for December to have first alpha. Which only will have something like 1 vs 1 in a small level. Only shooting each others pretty much. Very very simple.. like "Alpha version 0.01" Smiley

Do you know what the gameplay will be like? Is it shooting guys and upgrading your weapons? Exploring? puzzle solving? A mix of all three? A secret fourth option?

Good question, well.. I have lots of dreams and visions what this game should be. Honestly I am not sure how much I am able to achieve.

Originally I wanted to make post-apocalyptic shooter game with base building (and destroying), looting scattered (hence the name) resources from all over the map and surviving the enemies. Kinda like Terraria mixed with realtime worms. So upgrading weapons, exploring and base building in random generated maps.

Currently, I cant promise any of that. It all depends where I am able to get this. Im learning so much new things all the time and lets see where my design decissions take me.
If I fail, atleast it will be then 4 people against each other in different maps. Like in worms but realtime.

Here is some progress from few days

---- Ingame size ----

Today has been pretty good day, made lots of things..
-Fixed few animations bugs!
-I got the basic weapon changing system to work and made "shotgun"
-HUD is finally working at some level. Its showing HP bar, current weapon and the ammo`s left for the weapon
-Made really buggy Hitpoint system, which almost works Smiley

Hopefully I get the basic player stuff done and I can move into coding destroyable environments at end of this week.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:29:46 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 12:32:34 PM »

Today I really enjoyed coding, didn't know that could happen to me. I got into a phase, where I could just plan something and then just program it.

Progress of today:
-Player now can die!
-There is now ammocrate, which fills your current weapons ammo.
-And the biggest of today: second player & Splitscreen!

I am now 98% sure I will get something playable into the local lan party in few weeks.
This week I will spend on making the player controls, making new weapons and the scoring system.
Next week will be the turn of the environment and destryable items and tiles.
The last week before the lan party I will polish hell like Smiley
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:30:15 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 04:10:36 PM »

Dang I have been lazy to update this devlog :D

Anyway, first thing I have to say that I did get something playable into the lan party last october. I worked pretty hard for few weeks. But I only had game with one weapon and splitscreen! The game was like 10% what I was trying to have in there. Still it was really fun and motivational to really play Scatteria for the first time!

And.. I had actually another alpha test on this sunday! I have been working daily for this game about 2½ weeks currently. Now I got lot more stuff going on. Functional grenades and three different weapons. Still my Game Manager isnt working, isnt counting frags, spawning is working pretty bad too.. I got like hundred things to fix. But the game actually is bit fun with your friends already...

For the next closed test I have huge goals. We are going to keep that hopefully in just a few weeks again. For a public Alpha.. I have no idea when, hopefully in March but cant really promise. I will get it out right away when I am pleased with the game and its really playable (& fun!).

New HUD for Scatteria:

Melee attack with Shovel and some death animation:

In next few weeks I will fix the GM, Spawning system, make the game count points, add support for 4 player splitscreen, make team deatchmatch rules. Add more weapons. Hopefully next time I can start recording some gameplay video and start doing trailer for the future.

edit: fixed broken images again..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:36:39 AM by Sazem » Logged

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 06:07:46 PM »

This looks really nice. Seems to lack some direction at the moment but it's a neat start nonetheless!

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2016, 01:59:13 AM »

Thanks,
if u ment with direction about the shooting direction? Is this any better? Wink

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:31:55 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 03:04:19 AM »

Im having 3rd closed beta test on this saturday... got huge list to do. Then I realized that I should check last beta test suggestions. One my friends suggested that I should make shells.

So why not.. 1 hour after:

I got 2 days to code like a monkey. Hopefully I will get the game in that stage that we can record gameplay video into youtube. Wish me luck guys!! :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:32:32 AM by Sazem » Logged

Thomas_
Level 0

https://twitter.com/DustbowlAGS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 04:40:24 AM »

I really like all I see!
Good luck!
Wink

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »

Trying to get the ball rolling again!
Made little environment background stuff..

Here is the painting progess:

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:33:12 AM by Sazem » Logged

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 06:25:11 AM »

Nice progress over the last couple years - hope the beta tests went well! Where are you in terms of the dev cycle at this point?

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2016, 05:23:15 AM »

Pixel Noise, Thanks. The beta tests has been gone better so far than I have expected. I got really high hopes for next one. After I get all my game play problems fixed and such. On every test the game has been funnier than I really expected. As the progression.. Currently I would say I got the controllers almost done and base code for weapons is starting to be ok. So I would say im around 20% done for the first public version... but its a long way there still. Hopefully I can record some gameplay in couple of next weeks. Lets see.

Here is Nuclear Explosion wip..
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:33:54 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 01:09:42 PM »

For sometime no progess. But this monday I got motivated to fix my super buggy controller setup. After few days I finally got it working almost perfectly! Some new tiles & backgrounds. And I can finally change the soldier color by code Wink

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:34:26 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2016, 03:56:01 AM »

I programmed 2 weeks pretty much non stop to get some playtesting going again.
Today we recorded first alpha game play footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqe8TG8VMtA&feature=youtu.be

Very buggy and unfinished stuff going on. But I can say that we had lots of laughing playing Scatteria already.
So I think its working really well considering the alpha stage of the game.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:01:12 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2016, 06:58:16 AM »

Painted some new environments...

Damn im happy after I get those controls working like I want, I can move into making some new stuffs.

Also seems that my homepage has over its 10gigas limit. Never happen before :D

edit: Im still here fixing these old broken image links..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:42:04 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 11:54:04 AM »

Making some blood effect based on bullet trajectory. Took me 3 days to learn more about vectors, raycasts and normals.. but I finally did it!

Gotta add some more "juice" to the game Smiley
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:35:10 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »

Few more environments coming along....

Docks:

Fishing hut:

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 01:52:58 AM »

Here is some gameplay from last alpha testing.

Comments, ideas and crits welcome Smiley

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2017, 11:09:05 AM »

Some small updates.
Yesterday I started to make a game mechanic that I designed already in 2014. Duck and Cover. Players can will go more cover if he is crouched next to a tile. That time I had no idea how I would program it but I can say that with current progress on my programming skills, it was piece of cake.

There will be more stuff with this too. If you press the aim button the character will raise little above the tile to enable shooting without fully standing. Also you can throu grenades without coming out of the cover.

The last month or so I have pretty much made some boring stuff. Now the game really supports 4 controllers and I pretty much made the weapon system from scratch again. Now its so much easier to make new weapon and test it without setting whole scene. There is still some tweaks to be done next week.. but after this I can finally start updating the environments! With the new unity 2017.2 tiling system I cant wait to test it out.

Also the environment is destroyable, but this need some more work.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:36:04 AM by Sazem » Logged

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »

I really like the progress you've shown in the last couple of posts!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:02 AM »

Thanks Pixel Noise Smiley

The last 4 months I have been 100% programming. So havent got nearly nothing to show. Expect this week I have been making blood system for the game to have more juice. Here is just the particle system, and some flying limps. There is also a effect that puts blood on the tiles, but it doesnt show here. Smiley

Also finally I got some time to make some more environment art too. Going to import this art in couple of days. After this im going to record littlebit more gameplay. Make a video out of the environment speedpainting + gameplay and add that to Youtube.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:36:55 AM by Sazem » Logged

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2018, 08:43:49 AM »

I had few weeks ago beta tests again. The game has progressed alot in the last 4 months. Currently I am aiming to release playable public demo at Itch.io on 1.6.2018. Depends how much I get done next week.
Here is some new screenshots taken from gameplay video.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:55:54 AM by Sazem » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic