Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 01:01:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWoman and minorities in game development
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Woman and minorities in game development  (Read 8202 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »

"shut up about gender inequality"

yeah you're a fucking dummy.

ps: maybe there'd be more women if games if gaming culture wasn't all about hiding shitty bigots under the guise of """"irony""""
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 08:07:44 PM »

What the hell is...with all this talk about social equality (or "justice"), especially in regards to women?

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2014, 05:52:49 AM »

Who is fanning hate but you?
You clearly don't know what you are talking about?

It's totally not about sexism lol

Even shepard's voice actress voice her fear of the stupid harassement, and look harder around here, there is topic that adress the solution, just like there is topic like this that adressed the diagnostic.

Blambo
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2014, 07:06:12 AM »

also sexism isn't just people intentionally hating or spreading prejudice about gender. it's something rooted in culture that were all victims and perpetuators of at some point. there are reasons that contribue to why women chose or not chose to be engineers and scientists, not all of it all of the time is because they experience some sort of culturual pressure, but that possibility exists and is fostered by a historical patriarchy.

people have agency and freedom of choice, yes, and it's important not to take that away when considering them. but the perception on which that make these decisions and judgments can be largely informed by the culture and environment they live in. feminists aren't portraying women as helpless victims but as fully capable human beings with societal disadvantages. society is perpetuated by human beings.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2014, 08:46:08 AM »

The problem is that we follow the problem for like years, 10+ in my cases, and people like you who didn't do homework or actually anything constructve but finding flaws to silence or dismiss. You ask for something constructive just as an moral escape while destructing everything that has been done. I should certainly do a deconstruction of your wall of text but years of dealing of your kind say its useless, you are very good at demonizing yourself already, pushing anti women propaganda in disguise. I mean it's not like it's new, remember Jade Raymond? That was 2006 and it was not new or isolate incident. What you see here is the end result of people like you sending hate and divide through the industry, people are fed up they call you name, deal with it.

BTW trigger warning isn't for SJW it's for victims of harassment who might suffer PTSD, you are an embarrassment of yourself with so many straw man

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »

lee ~ I understand your frustration, but with openmindedness and patience you will in time learn that most of the stuff bothering you actually only exists in rare misguided/radical people, and the general air of hostility/demands from the rest is actually founded on much better rationale/data.

it would serve you well to suppose that perhaps these otherwise very smart people saying 'death to gamers' and 'trigger warning' might deserve the benefit of the doubt.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »

Yeah what catguy say, sorry if I'm loosing my patience

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2014, 10:41:22 AM »

my head hurts
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2014, 10:48:45 AM »

Which women do you talk, the one who sided with us in this very thread?
You talk about behavior and show no evidence of the link with the hatred, while the harassment is largely documented. Haven't you notice this whole movement was started by WOMEN (much of whom weren't feminist to begin with) themselves and that they are the leader? Why do you think the kickstarter of anita exploded? if people didn't think there was an issue they would not have donate that much, it was a pretty low key obscure kickstarter before the rage people threw at her, could have remain if there was no problem at all, much like most of her cinema video. The evidence is against you. If hatred is to denounce the hateful things people suffer in video games, then you are rewriting the dictionary 1984's style. What you are seeing is people reclaiming their right to stay gamer in spite of the hatred of the troll, they gonna fight because they love gaming. Everything you have said is just ignorant nonsense.

jolene
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »

hey lee how about shut up
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2014, 01:41:56 PM »

lee

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »

Don't bother he is a mish mash of failed gamergate strategy, even 4chan don't want them anymore

Unplayables
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 02:45:46 PM »

Lee, thank you, you're speaking good words.

People are making assumptions about your character based on your opinions. I understand why people do so, because we've been hearing a lot about how sad little trolls people are who don't agree with the holy gospel.

Stay calm and don't let yourself be shamed. The relationship status: single is a very low blow (although well drawn).

People tell you to shut up because you have a different opinion and that's not ok. They should be engaging with your ideas instead of you personal relationship status.

I don't understand why the experiences that are described by a female developer are taken at face value, while yours are shoved under the table. That's the very definition of sexism. But it's okay. There's a lot of politically charged information going around and people are a little trigger happy. If anyone for whatever reason wants a hug or a beer, I'm here Smiley   Beer! Smiley
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2014, 03:09:26 PM »

well I think it's the invasion happening to derail thread, they do that all other the internet, using similar rhetoric and pretending to be "nice". Welp!

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 03:10:12 PM »

well drawn

thanks i did it in five minutes

"nice"

nice guys

Blambo
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »

People are making assumptions about your character based on your opinions. I understand why people do so, because we've been hearing a lot about how sad little trolls people are who don't agree with the holy gospel.

Stay calm and don't let yourself be shamed. The relationship status: single is a very low blow (although well drawn).

People tell you to shut up because you have a different opinion and that's not ok. They should be engaging with your ideas instead of you personal relationship status.

I don't understand why the experiences that are described by a female developer are taken at face value, while yours are shoved under the table. That's the very definition of sexism. But it's okay. There's a lot of politically charged information going around and people are a little trigger happy. If anyone for whatever reason wants a hug or a beer, I'm here Smiley   Beer! Smiley

uh no

bad

youre a bad

Don't bother he is a mish mash of failed gamergate strategy, even 4chan don't want them anymore

he's way less about that than you think though. his entire point is that the coverage of feminism/social issues is good, it just could be a little more positive, solution-oriented, and forward-thinking. like, i agree with him to a point.

people making blanket statements about nerds and stuff is alienating, and i guess it doesn't really help bring people over to the right. but even positive people who are about feminism and write about solutions and dont make these statements are harassed, dismissed and annoyed because of shitty reasons.

it's just that his specific opinions about triggering and sexism are a little weird and i don't agree with him.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 03:23:17 PM »

he's way less about that than you think though. his entire point is that the coverage of feminism/social issues is good, it just could be a little more positive, solution-oriented, and forward-thinking. like, i agree with him to a point.

people making blanket statements about nerds and stuff is alienating, and i guess it doesn't really help bring people over to the right. but even positive people who are about feminism and write about solutions and dont make these statements are harassed, dismissed and annoyed because of shitty reasons.

it's just that his specific opinions about triggering and sexism are a little weird and i don't agree with him.

i could see this but the way he's stating it (and the way he's positioning himself seemingly in opposition to the people he's supposedly wanting to help) makes it really obfuscated + difficult to see as reasonable

like a gold nugget covered in malware

but you might be right

Blambo
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 03:29:05 PM »

yeah his rhetoric is pretty heavily against people who might otherwise agreewith him. and i see a lot of people who do this and "centrists" automatically coopt the arguments for their own purposes, IE this asshole:

Unplayables
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2014, 03:40:35 PM »

"this asshole"
"bad"
"you're bad"

Sorry, but I would appreciate if you engaged with my ideas instead of personally attacking me. This is a little uncalled for.

Edited a grammar mistake by removing 'ad hominem'. How about we discuss in my native language next time Wink
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:53:40 PM by Unplayables » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »

ad hominem personally attacking me

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic