Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:28:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Arcade Racer] Super Night Riders (Season One Teaser!)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: [Arcade Racer] Super Night Riders (Season One Teaser!)  (Read 21710 times)
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2018, 06:06:49 AM »

@Xonatron: Thanks for the video!

I've checked your last run. You did crash only once, but you're also braking way too much, sometimes without any reasons, which make you loose time and have around half the effect of a crash. I've counted: You did at least 6 hard brakes.

You really need to be full-speed almost all the time. Move to the inner part of the turns to be able to drift without loosing speed. When you do need to brake, just release the accelerate button for a fraction of a second. If you see your score bonus sub 50K for more than 2-3 seconds then you're doing it wrong.

About the timer, it was designed this way in Super Hang-On too. You could crash in the first stage and pass the checkpoint, but you will fail the race later even playing perfect after stage 1.

Timings are designed for each race with increasing difficulty, with some stages giving you more time than others - this is to actually let you play the game. If I designed each stage with exact tight timings, you'd be playing all the time only in the first stages, and if I designed the stages with loose timings, you'd complete the whole game in 45 minutes, without any sense of reward / challenge.

@Devilkay: That's why I've implemented both Classic and Super styles Wink

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »

Ah, great. Thanks for checking out my video. I was braking a lot to avoid crashing (especially in the sharp desert corners where I tend to bump into the other bikers) and wasn't realizing I was stealing so much time. I will keep trying!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2018, 02:34:49 PM »

For the first time, I've used a gamepad with the game. For some reason, I can't navigate the menu. I can play just fine, but the menu navigation has to be done with the keyboard. I can steer, use the buttons, even in the ingame menu, I can't do anything.

Weird.

My gamepad is a cheap chinese piece of trash, but works.

Maybe because it doesn't have the analog stick? It looks like the first PSX gamepads.

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »

@Xonatron: Good luck Smiley

@eyeliner: Thanks for the feedback Wink

Currently you navigate the menus using the left analog stick only. I'll probably add dpad support at some point.

Though using only a dpad you're missing analog steering, which is really cool - to slide between rivals or to have more control during drifting Smiley

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2018, 03:40:55 PM »

I figured as much. It's nothing worthy to waste your time on, anyway.

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2019, 05:44:35 AM »

Hey guys Wink

I've started planning for the next Night Riders game, which will be an alternate version of Super Night Riders with completely new content: New playable character, stages, musics etc.

This will also be the occasion to improve on everything: Graphics, gameplay, features etc.

I will be targeting the same platforms as Super Night Riders: Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation 4. Maybe adding the Nintendo Switch.

The game will be called Super Night Riders S2 (Season 2).

Any suggestions on new things you'd like to see in this sequel? Please leave your thoughts Smiley

Here's the design of Yoko, Alice's greatest rival!

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2020, 07:53:35 AM »

I've been experimenting a bit more with 3DCG software and made semi-realistic renders of the female riders - Alice and Yoko.

I'm considering displaying such renders on the race end screen with the stats, with many variations of costumes, locations, poses etc. and a gallery unlocked by winning each course.

What do you think about this guys? Smiley

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2020, 10:12:48 AM »

Hey guys Wink

Here's the new key artwork for Super Night Riders S2.

I've also made a 3DCG render of Alice (Super Night Riders) and the mysterious girl (Light Fairytale) to showcase my official tees on Amazon!

Any thoughts? Smiley

Suttebun
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2021, 02:53:24 PM »

The game shows that you definitely know what you're making.
If you taught about motorcycles and included a selection of real bikes, you might be able to make a big leap in the genre.

Also, my thoughts on the girls are that they wouldn't dress like that! Lips Sealed (the flaggers, not the tee models)
*edited* bad comment
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 06:46:57 PM by Suttebun » Logged
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2021, 06:39:44 AM »

@Suttebun:

I'd rather not use real bikes due to licensing rights... Also, my goal with these CG renders is for the girls to look cute, not sexy. Though the distinction between the two might change from one person to another Wink

Anyway Smiley

Super Night Riders was first released 5 years ago. Its base price is now down to around $5 on all platforms!

Store links: neko.works/SNR

Suttebun
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2021, 06:44:03 PM »

Though the distinction between the two might change from one person to another Wink
hoof - sorry for going there. Sort of brought out the "is that too much" and "what's she showing that much for" parental thoughts.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 06:49:13 PM by Suttebun » Logged
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2022, 08:47:07 AM »

Hi everyone, longtime no see Wink

I've decided to turn Super Night Riders into a series. Now planning for S1 (Season One) and S2 (Season Two)!

Each season features an exclusive playable female pro racer and 36 stages in 6 locations.

Super Night Riders S1 (Season One) is a full remake of the 2016 Super Night Riders.

It is available to wishlist on Steam.

Super Night Riders S2 (Season Two) is true sequel built on the foundation of S1 but featuring 100% new content.

Both S1 & S2 are planned for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam.

Here's a few early work-in-progress screenshots from S1. Any thoughts? Smiley

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2022, 05:41:46 AM »

Hi everyone Wink

I've been working on Super Night Riders S1 recently and progressed a lot!

Here's a few screenshots bellow showcasing new features such as motion blur, 360 degrees camera with the right analog stick, and costume switch by pressing SELECT!

Now planning for a release on Steam Early Access in Q1-2023.

Wishlist: store.steampowered.com/app/1836660
More info: https://neko.works/SNR

On a side note, I've been working on the Night Riders series for almost a decade Cheesy

Here are comparison shots showcasing the evolution of the series:

Night Riders (Android, 2013)

Super Night Riders (PC & Consoles, 2016)

(work-in-progress) Super Night Riders S1 (PC & Consoles, planned for 2023)

Any thoughts? Smiley

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2023, 11:46:28 PM »

Hi everyone, longtime no see Smiley

Here's the 1st in-game video of Super Night Riders S1 Shocked

Planned for a release on Steam Early Access in Q2-2023.

Wishlist: store.steampowered.com/app/1836660
More info: https://neko.works/SNR

Any thoughts? Wink

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic