Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411690 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 18, 2024, 12:55:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDark Untitled 2d game - small zeldalike
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Dark Untitled 2d game - small zeldalike  (Read 10547 times)
Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2016, 06:33:31 PM »

Thanks Pixel Noise! I'm having a good time with Unity so far. I am not the best coder but I am learning as I go!

[Small Update]
I finished adding in the snake enemy from my prototype, he charges at you when you are standing at a cardinal direction from him.
I added in basic line of sight for the enemies. Right now everyone sees 360 degrees around them and you just give them a max range. You can choose for them to only see cardinal directions too, like the snake.
I am trying to make my movement scripts modular for multiple enemies to use the same script.
I made it so the spider now sees you when close and jumps at you.

Getting killed by snakes.

Not much special going on, but trying to remake a lot of what I had in Construct 2. Plus learning c# more is always nice!

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2016, 11:27:52 AM »

[Small Update]
Had enough time before work to add in another simple enemy into the game. the wolf will charge at you when you are in range, almost like the snake but not restricted to cardinal directions and has a much smaller vision range.
All is still WIP and sprite/movement will probably change a bit. I would like the wolves to try and track you down after they lose you. Don't think it should be hard, just not enough time to add it in this morning.

binaryboi01
Level 0

Toy-like people make me boy-like

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »

Really nice to see some progress on this project. Look very solid, good luck!

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2016, 12:58:22 PM »

Thank you! Its nice to know some people out there like my project. This is just a hobby for me in my free time, but it helps motivate me to get more done!

[Small Update]
I added in a new mechanic that I can use to make some fun puzzles (..hopefully). I call them Sun and Moon blocks.

What they are is blocks that can be up or down. When they are down you can pass over them. The sun and moon blocks are opposite though, so when the sun block is up, the moon block is down.
The state can be changed by interacting with levers that will be placed around the map. Right now levers can be used multiple times, but I was thinking about adding one-use levers/buttons. I don't really want the player to be able to trap themselves though. I will have to play around with it some more.

Other than that, I have been fixing random bugs and tweaking things to get them to feel better to me.

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »

Looks awesome so far!

Btw a tiny suggestion, make the butterflies run away(fly away) from the player when you get too close! they look so cool. :D

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2016, 07:07:22 AM »

Thank you man! Also that's a good idea. I meant to have some of the neutral critters run from you when they see you I haven't implemented it too much yet though. In my original prototype I had the birds fly away when you got close to them.

I did add a run away to the fireflies now (they light up at night, maybe not too visible in the gifs). I think it helps making the world feel more coherent!
I finished the one way buttons too for the sun and moon blocks. When you walk over them they set the state of the blocks to true or false. Pretty straight forward, but it should make it so I can make some interesting one way situations.
Nothing too much to show. Just wanted to update before I head off to work.

running around my test area with lots of fireflys

Sorry I post a gif with every devlog update. If that is a problem I can always link them instead or just post screenshots?

Hopefully I will have some more to post here soon!

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2016, 06:55:22 AM »

[Small Update]
Todays update is me starting on some of the GUI stuff. I added in a basic health bar, and started to make the inventory look nicer. Nothing really worth a gif, but I took some screenshots!

inv screen.

just showing health bar.

I also spent a good while adding in some sound effects to things I have in the game already. Everything WIP but its nice to hear some sounds when running around testing.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic