Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 09:40:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBusiness-Man - Puzzling for Profit
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Business-Man - Puzzling for Profit  (Read 349 times)
Evilperson
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:49:59 PM »

Hello people!

This project could be considered my first 'real' game.
My experience with game development can be summed up with the following image of 'IKEA Simulator'.

To be fair, that was for a 15-minute Game Jam and I have made many more games since then.

Anyway, let's get talking about my game now.

You control the character of Business-Man, a superpowerless vigilante who fights for profit, usually by crushing people to death with safes(not actually safe).
The gameplay consists of pushing blocks(safes) to solve puzzles, crushing enemies(accountants), baiting them (throwing money), and completing the level either by reaching the exit, or killing the boss(boss).

This game isn't really going to become anything big. I'll just release it on the browser and maybe Android later on.
It will most likely be finished within a month.
I know that many people won't care for this game (I know I wouldn't), and because I feel that I need to justify all this, I'll just put a list of reasons why I'm making this Devlog.
  • The idea that people know this game is being made motivates me to finish it
  • When/If I git gud at this whole Game business, I'll have something to look back on.
  • I myself would be interested in a detailed Devlog of someone's small game

Also I'll just include this 'roadmap' here to show exactly what's being done.
Mechanics
  • Block Pushing - 95% (a few collision bugs)
  • Elevators/Pressure Plates - 100% (huh, the elevator works better than the blocks that it will elevate)
  • Throwable Money - 50% (not throwable)
  • Enemy AI - 90% (animation bugs)
  • Turret - 100%

Art
So far I made this guy

Music
This will be a hard one. I don't know how to make music, and I'd hate to resort to Kevin MacLeod.
I know how to use the tools for the most part, I just don't know how to make the music good.

Levels
The most fun part IMO.
I have the first few levels designed as well as a few harder levels.

There are two ways to complete this^ level. Either go the easy way and stack the blocks to go to the left exit, killing a man in the process which will mean something in the final game, or the harder way right, which requires solving a somewhat difficult puzzle.

I'll provide a download link once I fix the obvious bugs and add a few more levels.

I'll also start a blog to record development in more detail, as I'm planning to do more of these Devblog things in the future and I don't want to bump to often.

So yeah, this is a thing.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:21:34 PM by Evilperson » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic