Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 02:44:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLevel Design - Metal Slug/Contra Genre
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Level Design - Metal Slug/Contra Genre  (Read 395 times)
Yoomes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2016, 09:47:33 PM »

So for this week, I was working on blocking out the scene and playing around with it. I took a while to organize my scene. There was tons of things to think of and I finally came to this conclusion. In the future, if I do have any changes, I will add them. I moved things around making sure that the player will be able to reach from one platform to another. The platform took the most time because the placement had to be precise so that the player can reach from one platform to another. I went in and make sure that everything in play was reasonable. I had to make sure that I didn't create an obstacle where the players couldn't beat.

This is the first section of the level. As you can see, I made two different route/path. The bottom will consist of spikes and obstacles while the top will consist of enemies. i have not yet placed the enemies in. Both of the paths will connect at the end so there is no right or wrong path.

This is section two. This consists of all moving platforms. each platform will move differently so observe before moving. Some will move from side to side while other will move up and down. The purpose of creating this section is to keep the player cautious. One wrong move and you will have to start back from the last check point.

This is section 3, known as the boss level. All these platforms will be moving up and down. I drew the boss as a red block just for an idea of what's happening. The boss will be flying up and down. You as the player will have to try and catch the boss's movement and shoot it down. This will prove to be more difficult than it sounds. With the right timing, it could be easy.

Feel free to leave a feedback.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic