Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 12:15:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKing Arthur's Gold - A 2D Multiplayer-only Free Buildy-Fighty Game
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Multiplayer-only Free Buildy-Fighty Game  (Read 54885 times)
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »

I flag each team -> not the full CTF concept. That might end up being the RTS-ish mode later on.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »

I like the concept of having multiple flags(flag per base) for the whole point system.
Though I haven't seen a team multiplayer strategy work when you got human error and human error on top of paranoia and ban crazies.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2011, 01:07:46 AM »

I like the idea of multiple flags per base as well, but it's more likely to end up in the fully fleshed out version rather than free CTF Wink

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2011, 02:53:17 AM »

Just saw this:
http://www.diygamer.com/2011/06/freeware-friday-king-arthurs-gold/

I missed that happening, thanks for the massive write-up! Coffee

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2011, 04:06:49 AM »

I just got into another discussion on "Skybridges being a over powered" on the server which just seems way to silly to just
Just got an crazy dwarf fortress like idea, what if people just built the fort in the sky move every thing there?
That way people can counter this day one tactic due to there no glaring huge hole which was people jumping over the walls and soldiers can't just bomb rush past the fortress(unless there a stone floor that can support a bomb then it would be a bomb rush in the sky which is more crazy for the sudden chance of removing your support).
Though I guess there this issue of "spirit" of the game people keep bringing up.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2011, 06:30:32 AM »

Well, try it while you can, now. The support code is going to make that, uh, impractical in future builds. I'd be interested to see if it works.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »

Well, try it while you can, now. The support code is going to make that, uh, impractical in future builds. I'd be interested to see if it works.
It really impractical now given that I have to get loads of people to pitch in moving the bags of gold into a small floating box in the sky supporting on ladders and stone backwalls going to said floating box.
Though I wish there where maps that encourage building upwards like all the gold is all in the air and the meta goal is to see who can take control of the air while mining the stuff out. Oh well off to see if I can build a sky fort and control the air.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2011, 02:03:25 AM »

http://kagdev.tumblr.com/post/6732584483/test-build-released

Very happy with the physics Smiley

There's a graphical overhaul coming soon too, huzzah!

Eibx
Level 0

ヽ༼ ಠل͟ರೃ ༽ノ

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2011, 03:02:24 AM »

http://kagdev.tumblr.com/post/6732584483/test-build-released

Very happy with the physics Smiley

There's a graphical overhaul coming soon too, huzzah!

That is just plain badass. Looking forward to test it out later today!

"You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out."
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2011, 03:53:42 AM »

There's bound to be bugs - the FIXME list was getting so broken that we've migrated to pivot, which is excellent, but I think we're going to have a whole new host of fixes needed with new tiles, physics, flags and multiple spawns, heh. Crazy Be sure to leave feedback - and spam all of your friends with it if you enjoy it Wink

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2011, 05:16:17 AM »

man that video looks painful for builders especially when the short games bound to cut off time to build anything defensive I guess the number of spaces needed before the support goes is going to be change for the public build and I will push how far I can build up and over with out having the support give. Through I was expecting DF or AoS physic where if the whole thing isn't supported on a single tile the whole thing falls apart.
Oh I can see the builders pooping their pants when someone accidentally or purposely bombs the final tiles of their fort they took an hour few minutes to build. Oh well it's going to be 'FUN' atleast.

edit: okay so far it's just what I expected only horizontal which kills bridges a few tiles in the air. which brings me to this point Moats are now going to be used often.
given the chances of two people building a large bridge to cross a 30 tile gap defenders can just simply spike trap the place and make it slightly hard to cross over.
now after plaything the new physic with others testing the engine and seeing the havoc it brings was fun though I do wish the Dev team makes this all optional for the different folks with different strokes and customizing servers. though this makes normal bridge making hard when their not background tiles to support the ladders.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:00:15 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »

Yeah I'm not too sure on the variable support because the feedback given isn't straightforward enough. The collapse physics are like DF and AoS though, structures only collapse if you remove all the support, it's just putting the building up that needs extra vertical support.

A server flag for switching physics off will probably happen Smiley

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2011, 02:05:08 AM »

I finally got around to playing this and it is immense fun. Lost a couple hours of sleep. Looking forward to the next build - the wacky structures left after otherwise complete demolition and skyladders were a bit annoying to behold and seemed out of place.
also do I see a spike pit in the latest blog post? <3

also also the concept for a looks nice

also also also, it would be neat if the under-construction catapault didn't have the white background around its tiles. It looks a bit strange. perhaps an alternate set of 'under construction' tiles, like scaffolding or something?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:11:08 AM by Xion » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2011, 07:42:17 AM »

So far taking down mountains seem more fun than fighting mining gold and or the normal stuff people did with Sky bridges. Though I do wish we got floating fortress and platforms or maybe clouds to stand and build on.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »

Spikes are in the latest build and are a bunch of fun Smiley

You can access an unstable test build here, Xion. No more skyladdering and single-ply castles!

I'm looking into a way to make the under-construction stuff not look like ass, Hopefully that happens over the next week or so Smiley

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2011, 02:46:13 AM »

Spikes are in the latest build and are a bunch of fun Smiley

You can access an unstable test build here, Xion. No more skyladdering and single-ply castles!

I'm looking into a way to make the under-construction stuff not look like ass, Hopefully that happens over the next week or so Smiley
no skybridges unless the person place effort into making a hidden bridge on their side using nothing but supports then build unusual pillars to support it.
good chance is that once the main bridge is built a good length you can apply stone tiles and make it more durable. but the main fun is toppling a mountain
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2011, 06:14:31 AM »

http://kagdev.tumblr.com/post/6825922422/what-do-you-players-think-of-customisation-of-your

Have your say on the future of KAG's art and player customisation!

Rumrusher: holy crap, you guys are dedicated Tongue

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »

So the is there a chance for male builders getting long flowing hair like this?
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »

Hahah, unlikely as the hair (along with the extended dress) will likely be indicative of female builders... That would be hilarious though.

jprogman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2011, 05:11:40 AM »

I'm having issues with carrying bags of gold around the base (both enemy and home). Whether I'm over the base or under the base, I still have the bag of gold dropped from my hands. I take it that if you are on the same longitude (up & down) as the base, your bag of gold would drop. It's very annoying especially when I take the enemy's gold, but it's "under" their base.

~JProgman ~ I Made Mosaic Mingle ~ My Web Portfolio ~ @jprogman ~
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic