Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 12:32:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDF Bloodlines - Rimmute
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: DF Bloodlines - Rimmute  (Read 6479 times)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »

Arriving at Rimmute, well, what a polite little burg, but politeness wouldn't help when attacked by GOBLINS, we must turn this hole in the ground into a proper FORTRESS.

All these ramps! Shave them down! We need to prevent other ways into the fortress.

We will turn this natural valley into a proper chokepoint!

Trading with the Elves, for their liquors, we will give them mugs!

Here a group of 19 migrants showed up from on to of the peak of the mountain, completely perplexing me. also 5 of them are miners, with one wrestler.

oh no, improper mining tecniques means knocked out miners!

Fortunatly most weren't seriously Injured.

Unfourtunatly, Feb was knocked into a coma.

One of ours was possessed by forces unknown! Hopefully It will be an all powerful weapon!

Ok, a single log, well we could get an artifact crossbow or something!

Oh, a bracelet with a name like "The Hero of Execution" great, thank you for that waste of time.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 02:44:13 PM »

Collapses, possession, oh my! Glad this fortress is becoming more interesting, it felt a little too polite under my watch.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 05:20:43 PM »

The Start of summer brings the start of new beginnings!

Summer starts off to an interesting start with 9 immigrants, arriving at the bottom of the map, they didn't have to run down the mountain like the previous group

we have struck aluminum! We shal make the finest aluminum crafts!

One of ours has given birth! Now she can look forward to carrying that little bundle everywhere.

It appears that the humans are after toys and shoes. With caps rings and whatever 'powder' is.

Urist has withdrawn! What excelent creation will he make?

All he collected was turtle bones!

A turtle bone chain with turtle bone spikes? awesome! thanks for the input there buddy

Likot is in the way of the major flood project in time?

Forget it, it seems like Likot was just looking forward to a little swim.

with that, ends the summer

Boooookz

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 02:29:57 PM »

Looks like Kikrost got himself in a bit of a predicament! Fortunately, we were able to open the floodgates before he succumbed to his starvation.

Ah! Dwarven Caravan! Bring us the finest ores from mountain homes! we have an excellent crown, among other things! our smiths want different metals to work with.

Isn't this crown a beauty? Sea Lampreys being such majestic creatures, perfect muse for a gem setter.

Oh no! a Goblin! well, perhaps we can test out our new defence! Unfortunatly, as soon as we were about to flip the switch, he escaped to the south, noodoubt fearing for his life.

The Crown impressed the caravan! they want more items of such stunning beauty!

Removing a little access from when the trap was designed.

Disaster has struck again! Another Dwarf rendering himself unconscious though unsafe mining practises! Dismantle upper stairs before dismantling lower ones or else it will fall on your head.

Since we don't want insane dwarfs haunting our halls, we have created a side access while the floodgates for the main part are worked on.

Just in time as well, the caravan wasted no time in leaving!

The elk, a glorious gift from our elvish friends has somehow ignited its self and succumbed to its wounds, the body was never recovered.

JOY! Another mysterious construction! This will be the one that Impresses all of the lesser forts, finally we will have a seat at the inner table!

YES! A spiky copper spear! With this, we will strike fear into the hearts of our enemy! Give it to our most powerful fighter so he may lead us to victory! Also Besmar became a legend in the weaponsmith trade for his work on this spear.

A Chill is in the air and the coming months are cold, we shall endure

Boooookkkkss
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:43:03 PM by TeamQuiggan » Logged

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 03:01:11 PM »

Winter was relatively uneventful, we spent our time mining new areas and improving the deathtrap.

Cobaltite! No doubt this is a most excellent source of weaponry that will cause our enemy to quake and cower! what? Its just blue rocks? Blast it!

Unexpected, our exposed water has frozen over, this makes for problems if we were to be attacked during the winter, I will have our engineers figure out a solution post haste!

Feb, wounded due to improper mining practises, has succumbed to the wounds that have left him in a coma for many months. He will be missed

Gold! Wow I just discovered that we have gold! With our vast smelting operations, we could become the for runners of dwarven gold production.

With the arrival of spring I leave this place good luck to my successor.

Final Books!

Note, there is an area that needs work to prevent people from circumventing our defences, it would be wise to plug them.

What can happen with our excellent water trap system

*****Region save!*****
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:46:53 AM by TeamQuiggan » Logged

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 08:06:48 AM »

That water trap looks awesome. Maybe incorporating lava somehow could keep the water from freezing during the winter. Though it would be tricky to get the lava near enough to heat the water without turning it to steam. Although, a steam trap would be pretty awesome. Maybe with lots of floor grates.. I will consider this.

I think Alehks is up next.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 08:49:52 AM »

The problem with lava is its hard to control without bauxite to make the mechanisms. I had mined out a lava pipe leading to underneath the water, but the lava is slow to flow, and didn't make it at the time that I finished, I would be interested to see what happens to the trap during a winter when the water can flow, and if it would freeze in the valley.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 09:55:40 AM »

Yea... I'm next...

Unfortunately, I have finals in both Religion in Society and Classical Mythology coming up, so I likely won't be able to work on it anytime soon.

Perhaps the person next in line should go, rather than waiting (these things tend to fade away if people wait)

You can add me to the end of the Que if you would like, so that I don't cut in front of anyone.  Gentleman
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 11:08:46 AM »

looks like inane is up next then!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »

That would give us:

Player list:
farton - The Benevolent Founder
TeamQuiggan - Last Overseer
Inane - Current Overseer(?)
Massena
Dacke
PenguinSeph
Alehkhs

Indeed. Inane, you up for it?

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 11:51:39 AM »

Beer!

It does lag a bit though. I'm afraid I might have to dispose of any skilless immigrants just to keep it at a steady pace.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 08:20:08 PM »

hrm, if there was only a way to kill a large amount of things in a short period of time...

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »

Are you maybe thinking of something related to water?

Rain, perhaps? Do DF dwarves dissolve in rain?
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 03:49:47 PM »

*sigh...*

It's too bad that Dwarfs spend all their time constructing drawbridges or designing as-of-yet untested water traps rather than figuring out methods of mass execution.

...wait a minute...
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic