Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 02:43:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: MOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!  (Read 79902 times)
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2016, 02:28:41 AM »

#5 DevLog: More about Will

Will is the shopkeeper of Moonlight, Rynoka’s historical shop.

This shop has been at Rynoka since the fundation of the village. It’s very related to its history, and well known by everyone seeking adventure, fame and fortune on The Dungeons. Will’s family has owned the shop for many generations and now, as the only heir, he is in charge.

Moonlight, though, is not the only legacy that Will has inherited from his ancestors. Traditionally, some of the shopkeepers of Moonlight have also been dungeon explorers. In fact, Will’s grandfather was known for his skills as an adventurer and his knowledge about The Dungeons, just like his grandmother was known for her haggling and business skills. Both of them raised Will’s mother while taking care of the shop.

As part of this tradition, Will’s family has guarded some special artifacts: Three magical relics very useful to adventurers looking for treasure in The Dungeons.

Will has inherited those family relics. They will be very helpful on his attempt of discovering more about the nature of The Dungeons and, finally, solve the mystery that surrounds Rynoka’s history.

Will’s family relics are three:

• An adventurer piece of cloth with an emblem, from his grandfather.
  • A merchant mirror, from his grandmother.
  • A protection pendant, from his mother.

Each Relic has unique powers, very related to The Dungeons, Moonlight and gold. But for now, let’s keep it a secret!

------------------------------------------------------------

This is also our second update on our Collective's page for Moonlighter. Let us know any feedback and/or questions that you have about Moonlighter and Will. It will help us improve Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:49:40 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

adrimoreno
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2016, 01:44:04 PM »

Hi! I'm Adrián from Team Gotham. We knew at PAD last year, and I could try your demo at GameLab 15. I have to say that Moonlighter was one of my favourite games of the showcase but I hadn't saw anything since then till now, so I'm glad your project is going well!

Have you planned to publish some kind of demo soon?

Greetings from Madrid!

@adriwicked - Programmer & Game Designer at @TeamGotham_
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2016, 03:58:18 AM »

Hi! I'm Adrián from Team Gotham. We knew at PAD last year, and I could try your demo at GameLab 15. I have to say that Moonlighter was one of my favourite games of the showcase but I hadn't saw anything since then till now, so I'm glad your project is going well!

Have you planned to publish some kind of demo soon?

Greetings from Madrid!

Hi Adrian! I wasn't on those events, but I'm sure that Javi remembers you. I've been following The Guest, hope everything is going well  Smiley

We're working hard on Moonlighter here, everything is going well, but for now we are not going to share any demo. We want to wait some time, and then maybe we will go directly to Steam early access (not soon at all). That's the plan for now, but of course it can change.

Until that moment, we are going to maintain this DevBlog and the other RSS (tw+fb) updated, so we can keep contact!  Beer!

xTacobaco
TIGBaby

I love tacos

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2016, 02:18:04 PM »

Woah! This game is jaw dropping, this may be the most beautiful game my eyes has ever witnessed. I'm totally gonna buy and play the shit out of this game when you're done, good luck with the development of this game!

It's dangerous to go alone! take this.
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2016, 02:02:40 AM »

Woah! This game is jaw dropping, this may be the most beautiful game my eyes has ever witnessed. I'm totally gonna buy and play the shit out of this game when you're done, good luck with the development of this game!

Thank you!!  Grin  Grin I'll let the artists know

We want to keep updated also our twitter/facebook, so you can follow us there for more material about Moonlighter. And please, remember to support us on SQEX Collective! (it's our last week)

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2016, 08:29:12 AM »

Hi there!

We are on our last 4 days on SQEX Collective! So please, if you haven't supported us yet, consider doing it here ---> Link to Moonlighter's Collective [Remember to login! WTF ]

Right now we have a 92% of "yes" votes, which puts us on the 6th position of most popular Collective's games ever.

Thank you to all our supporters!   Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right  Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

Erabos
Level 0

Polarbear Ninja

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2016, 07:22:04 PM »

I am downright excited for this game! It looks great and is exactly the type of game I would play the hell out of. Hand Fork Left Tongue Hand Knife Right

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2016, 02:45:11 AM »

I am downright excited for this game! It looks great and is exactly the type of game I would play the hell out of. Hand Fork Left Tongue Hand Knife Right

Thanks! Grin 

We're not close to publish Moonlighter yet, but you can follow the development here and on our twitter / fb

Erabos
Level 0

Polarbear Ninja

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2016, 06:05:08 AM »

As both 'Binding of Isaac' and 'Legend of Zelda : The Minish Cap' are two of my favorite games, I really love how the game is presented. The only thing that bothers me is the health display which is a little hard to read. The numbers don't really stand out on some backgrounds and in intense situations I would find it somewhat annoying. Of course there's the actual health bar which I don't see an issue with but in my opinion would look better if it were in a large heart shape and animated. I initially thought why not hearts like in both Binding of Isaac and Minish Cap but realized that the player health was a pretty large number and showing with multiple hearts would be a mess.

Lastly, will there be a day and night cycle or is it just phases which change depending on location/activity etc.?

A few ideas :
Bank (loans/debt collector/taxes)
Pets (extra storage/buffs)
Ultra rare purely cosmetic shop items (Stuffed monster heads/signs)
Employees (Temporary buffs/security)

And easter eggs, dozens of easter eggs! Waaagh!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2016, 06:28:15 AM »

As both 'Binding of Isaac' and 'Legend of Zelda : The Minish Cap' are two of my favorite games, I really love how the game is presented. The only thing that bothers me is the health display which is a little hard to read. The numbers don't really stand out on some backgrounds and in intense situations I would find it somewhat annoying. Of course there's the actual health bar which I don't see an issue with but in my opinion would look better if it were in a large heart shape and animated. I initially thought why not hearts like in both Binding of Isaac and Minish Cap but realized that the player health was a pretty large number and showing with multiple hearts would be a mess.

Thanks for your feedback! Don't worry too much about how the health is being shown right now. It's a WIP, and will be improved before launching the game.  Smiley

Lastly, will there be a day and night cycle or is it just phases which change depending on location/activity etc.?

About the day/night cycle: Time run each time you enter a dungeon or sleep. If you start a dungeon run during morning, for example, it will be afternoon at its finish. If you sleep at afternoon, it will be morning of the next day when you get up. This will become important and very related to some quests, that will be given by particular clients and some NPC.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2016, 06:40:56 AM »

#6 DevLog: The Dungeons

At this last Moonlighter’s Collective update we are going to show something very important for us: We want to talk a bit about “The Dungeons”.

What this dungeons are, and why are they at Rynoka, is a secret. We are not going to reveal it for now. What we can say is that this place is very important for all the villagers and particularly important for Will and his family.

Each “Dungeon” will have its own door (let’s call it door for now…). Each time the player enters a door, the dungeon will be different.

But… There is an special door, a bigger one. This door is not like the others. No one has crossed it before, and what it contains is a mystery for every adventurer and villager on Rynoka.

As you know, we want our dungeons to have its own identity. Until now we have only shown a little of the first dungeon. It seems to be a related to a “Golem Culture”, but very little is known about it in Rynoka, and we don’t want to tell too much either.

But, what about the other dungeons? Well, we feel we should only share a glimpse of them (some are already quite advanced though…).

For now that’s all! We are working very hard on Moonlighter. Things are going great so far and we really hope to deliver an amazing game, with all your help. Thank you for your support, and as always, any feedback is welcome!

Update on SQEX Collective ---> http://goo.gl/QdawsQ
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:49:31 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2016, 01:14:17 PM »

Just voted on Square Enix for you, so excited to see more progress on this one.  Smiley Gettin the feeling that people REALLY, ReHEEally love what they're seeing - you can count me one of em!

Erabos
Level 0

Polarbear Ninja

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »

Have you guy's ever thought of streaming the development on twitch? It's a decent way to get suggestions and honestly quite a few people find that stuff interesting.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2016, 03:27:31 AM »

Just voted on Square Enix for you, so excited to see more progress on this one.  Smiley Gettin the feeling that people REALLY, ReHEEally love what they're seeing - you can count me one of em!

Grin Grin Thank you! We're very happy with all the feedback that we're receiving!

Have you guy's ever thought of streaming the development on twitch? It's a decent way to get suggestions and honestly quite a few people find that stuff interesting.

That's a good idea to consider! We will keep you informed  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »

#7 DevLog: Moonlighter's SQEX Collective has ended

Hi guys! Moonlighter's feedback phase on Square Enix Collective has finally ended. At this update we will make a small resume about how the experience has been for us.

First of all, thank you for all your support and feedback during the campaign!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right We have received a lot of support from several places (twitter, this forum, and other sources like PC Gamer). That was the main idea: To see if people were interested in the concept.

The results have been amazing. We have ended with a 95% of "yes" votes, which means that Moonlighter has the highest score of Collective's history! . Grin Grin Grin Grin

During the campaign we have only tried to maintain the thread alive, with weekly updates and social media activity. It is true that Square has helped with discoverability, with some communication actions (tweets at @SQEX_Collective and one massive e-mail to all the Square Community).

Also, we don't know how (maybe Square pulled some strings, or maybe it's just the results of all efforts) during the last 24 hours two massive mediums published specific posts about Moonlighter on their websites. One is PCGamer, and the other Kotaku:

http://www.pcgamer.com/play-a-shopkeeper-with-grand-ambitions-in-the-adorable-moonlighter/

http://kotaku.com/moonlighter-is-a-rogue-lite-about-a-shopkeeper-who-drea-1770393880

This meant a lot more people voting on our Collective's page, and looking at our teaser (10k visit on hours  WTF )

As final thoughts, this has been a very good experience for all of us. We want to create an amazing game, and to be able to make a lot of people to enjoy it. And we think that Collective has helped us to advance on that way.

We will share soon more news about Moonlighter and our next steps! Thank you all again, and as always, any feedback is welcome  Wink

-----

By the way, we are showing an evolution of the emotions that the clients will show while buying/looking for items in Moonlight ! (Will's shop)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:49:22 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2016, 07:15:37 AM »

Haha the highest score fact is awesome. And now.. the post-campaign blues set in, the withdrawal symptoms will start shortly  Hand Any Key Epileptic Hand Joystick but you'll get past it!

Not surprised in the SLIGHTEST you guys got that kinda love from PCGamer and Kotaku, honestly there is a lot more to come, I'm 100% sure of that.

Thanks for the update, and can't wait for more!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2016, 07:45:32 AM »

Haha the highest score fact is awesome. And now.. the post-campaign blues set in, the withdrawal symptoms will start shortly  Hand Any Key Epileptic Hand Joystick but you'll get past it!

Not surprised in the SLIGHTEST you guys got that kinda love from PCGamer and Kotaku, honestly there is a lot more to come, I'm 100% sure of that.

Thanks for the update, and can't wait for more!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Thank you for your support!

We will share soon more news about next steps to take... For now, we are focused on Moonlighter's development.  Tongue

adrimoreno
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2016, 07:49:49 AM »

Wow, that's a really good result for the campaign. We were thinking about Square Enix Collective in the past with our game The Guest but we didn't have enough time to work in the SQEX campaign. But definetly we will consider it for our actual project. Thanks for sharing this guys!

@adriwicked - Programmer & Game Designer at @TeamGotham_
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2016, 08:24:26 AM »

Wow, that's a really good result for the campaign. We were thinking about Square Enix Collective in the past with our game The Guest but we didn't have enough time to work in the SQEX campaign. But definetly we will consider it for our actual project. Thanks for sharing this guys!

You're welcome! We're very happy with the final results. It can take some time to create and maintain the campaign, but Square has been supernice with the team and helped us a lot with discoverability.

Besides that, keep in mind that Collective is a pre-crowdsourcing campaign. They could help on a future crowdsourcing campaign, and looking at their previous projects on kickstarter it seems to be interesting. It's only our opinion, of course.  Smiley

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2016, 08:39:10 AM »

Congratulations! Amazing to see you getting some love from PC Gamer and Kotaku too  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic