Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411818 Posts in 69417 Topics- by 58463 Members - Latest Member: silverIV

May 30, 2024, 01:18:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)3D touch inputs recommendation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3D touch inputs recommendation  (Read 685 times)
davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2018, 05:38:44 AM »

I am looking for a 3D game template with certain touch inputs. The touch inputs I want for the 3D game would be to pinch to zoom and panning and pinch to zoom and rotate. So in a nutshell the 2 desired touch inputs would be;
- Pinch to zoom (2 fingers ideally) and pan (1 finger)
- Pinch to zoom (2 fingers ideally) and rotate (1 finger).

So I am in a 3D scene and I have a 3D cube in the scene. I want to be able to pinch to zoom and pan around the cube with one finger or pinch to zoom and rotate around the cube with one finger.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I would solve this? 
davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 06:17:52 AM »

I am looking for a 3D game template with certain touch inputs. The touch inputs I want for the 3D game would be to pinch to zoom and panning and pinch to zoom and rotate. So in a nutshell the 2 desired touch inputs would be;
- Pinch to zoom (2 fingers ideally) and pan (1 finger)
- Pinch to zoom (2 fingers ideally) and rotate (1 finger).

So I am in a 3D scene and I have a 3D cube in the scene. I want to be able to pinch to zoom and pan around the cube with one finger or pinch to zoom and rotate around the cube with one finger.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I would solve this? 
The game engine I am using is unity.
MSThalamus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »

You didn't specify which game engine you need this template for, so it's kind of hard to help too much, but if you're only now evaluating game engines, +1 for Unity. Their touch support is really pretty good, and intuitive to work with.
davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 09:11:29 PM »

The game engine I am using is Unity.
davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 09:11:53 PM »

You didn't specify which game engine you need this template for, so it's kind of hard to help too much, but if you're only now evaluating game engines, +1 for Unity. Their touch support is really pretty good, and intuitive to work with.
Using unity game engine
MSThalamus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »

Have you looked at TouchScript? https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/input-management/touchscript-7394
davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 03:05:30 AM »

I may look into this later. I am currently working with other plugins to see if they do the job. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic