Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:16:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCastle of Faith
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Castle of Faith  (Read 594 times)
Gabriel Mesmo
Level 0

All about making games!

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2024, 11:58:54 AM »

Hello, all!

Today I present you a project that I'm working on. It does not have a name, but I believe it is getting better and better!

This game is inspired by Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Bloodborne, with mechanics of both games (and new ones, hopefully)

I have the help of three animators and I make the tilesets, code and design.

(new gif)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 09:56:41 AM by Gabriel Mesmo » Logged
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 09:23:41 AM »

This is definitely making me nostalgic for Aria of Sorrow. The art in general is good, but I think the environment tileset particularly is really strong and could be used as the basis for some damn good looking levels. I'm interested to see where this goes!
Gabriel Mesmo
Level 0

All about making games!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 04:59:27 AM »

This is definitely making me nostalgic for Aria of Sorrow. The art in general is good, but I think the environment tileset particularly is really strong and could be used as the basis for some damn good looking levels. I'm interested to see where this goes!

Thank you so much! It has been hard to make the tileset, but I am glad to hear your feedback and to see that it is working as intended!
Gabriel Mesmo
Level 0

All about making games!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 05:17:23 AM »

Hey guys! I made some new things for the game!

I will make it an early access game in a few days so people can support the development of the game while playing it Smiley

Here is a GIF of how the game is now:

Gabriel Mesmo
Level 0

All about making games!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 10:05:06 AM »

Hey guys! I am making the game in MonoGame now! I have the room loading and movement done. The game also has a ECS thingy Smiley

If somebody wants to play it or has any suggestions please tell me!!!

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 05:31:39 AM »

Hey guys! I am making the game in MonoGame now! I have the room loading and movement done. The game also has a ECS thingy Smiley

Nice! I haven't done more than tinker a bit with MonoGame, but it seems really solid for 2D stuff.

I'm certainly keeping an eye here to see where this goes Blink
Gabriel Mesmo
Level 0

All about making games!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 08:28:01 AM »

Hey! Thanks for the reply! It really is rock solid for 2D games! I am finishing now the camera system and I will be able to add more content hopefully!

I am also trying to plan better the game, making the design doc more descriptive and stuff Smiley
KingOfDecoupage
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 09:03:18 AM »

Hey! Thanks for the reply! It really is rock solid for 2D games! I am finishing now the camera system and I will be able to add more content hopefully!

I am also trying to plan better the game, making the design doc more descriptive and stuff Smiley

Hmmm... I don't know if you need to worry too much about a design doc. I mean, what you have right now is an excellent starting point for a prototype. Your code may be very messy and difficult to manage in early stages but it's inevitable that you'll have to rewrite and revise it near the end, anyway. Over planning at very early points can be a real drag on production and function as a distraction. Trust me, I know this from experience.

I'd say you have the seed of something really good. I noticed you have a lot of marked triangles that seem placeholders for ramps Do you have those working now?
Gabriel Mesmo
Level 0

All about making games!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2024, 09:23:52 AM »

Hmmm... I don't know if you need to worry too much about a design doc. I mean, what you have right now is an excellent starting point for a prototype. Your code may be very messy and difficult to manage in early stages but it's inevitable that you'll have to rewrite and revise it near the end, anyway. Over planning at very early points can be a real drag on production and function as a distraction. Trust me, I know this from experience.

I'd say you have the seed of something really good. I noticed you have a lot of marked triangles that seem placeholders for ramps Do you have those working now?

Hey, Thanks! The triangles are actually Castlevania-style stairs! They kinda work, but I will rewrite them in monogame eventually anyways lmao

Okay, I will not worry so much about the documentation then! I am happy that people are liking it Smiley

By the way, here is the camera system:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic