Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411597 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 12:02:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1450548 times)
Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: April 08, 2017, 07:04:38 PM »

So today I tried to pick the game up again, because I keep thinking about it.  It was going pretty well, I was seeing some really cool stuff like my first vulture.  I figured out how to knock of his mask and started wearing it, which is very nice.

After that, I was farming food and running from a blue lizard to get back into the hibernation tank, and he followed me.  The tank shut before he got in, and I was relieved.  But when I woke up, he was in the tank.  With me.  He ate me.  And then I woke up again, and he was still there.  I ran away, and he ate me.  I woke up again, he was there.  I lured him out to a vulture, it killed him, and I thought I was safe.  I ate some food and hibernated.  I woke up, and he was there.  He ate me.  He is still there right now - this time he just stayed asleep.

I'm hoping this is a bug.  The area is the Industrial Complex.  Nowhere is safe for my slugcat.   Shrug  If footage would help, I did record some.

Update: I died three mores times.  He returned each time.  I decided to try just go to a different hibernation chamber, and when I attempted to pass through the karma gate in the room next door, the game crashed.  I restart the game, and my roommate is still there.  Eventually I got away to a different chamber, and now will work my way back, I guess.  I hope he has moved on lol.

Also is there a timeline on the PS4 patch?  I like this game a lot already, but those improvements would make it so much better.  
Haha, a blue lizard also got stuck in the first hibernation chamber of Industrial Complex in my first walktrough. Lucky me I had been fighting it with a spear which she still had stuck in when she followed me into the chamber, I managed to kill it inside so everytime I go back theres just her dead corpse in the chamber.
Maybe you can do the same, try to kill it inside the chamber and she wont respawn alive again.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6801 on: April 09, 2017, 12:41:48 AM »

I too make games for the sole purpose of punishing players for their failures, where them having any way out of that intended punishment, no matter how inconvenient it is for them to do it, is worth making the experience worse for everybody.

you could also just do the normal thing and like, make it so the game picks up where it left off if you exit and start again later

luv u pineapple, agree so much

crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: April 09, 2017, 08:09:03 AM »

Can we have a "deal" with  id Software for slugcat beeing a playable character in Quake Champions?
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6803 on: April 09, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »

Finally made it to Shoreline. Needing to work together with the frogs to traverse the lengthy underwater sections is prime Rain World

So regarding karma:

On low karma, karma doesn't matter. I don't care if I die, or if I lose karma. On the lowest, or second lowest karma ranks, they do nothing but make me more reckless. Doesn't matter if I die five times in a row, there's nothing left to lose. As such, those are the times when I explore the most.

At the highest karma is when I'm more cautious but also kind of reckless. I can risk losing a karma rank when I'm at the highest rank.

It's the middle ranks where things are the most frustrating and also the most tense. Suddenly you have to consider the cost of losing too much progress versus gaining the higher ranks to progress. Death suddenly feels like it matters. That's Rain World at its most tense

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
GenerateUsername()
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: April 09, 2017, 11:34:30 AM »

THIS WHOLE POST COULD PROBABLY BE TECHNICALLY COUNTED AS SPOILERS

I've been working my way through the Exterior today, and wow. You guys have done an incredible job. Trying to sneak around and trick the Daddy Long Legs was really hard at first (pfft, just kidding, it still is!), but the process of adapting to the new environment, learning the terrain and techniques required to survive, and gradually making it further each life was a fantastic experience. Frustrating, too (particularly when I missed that one dangerous jump to the hibernation chamber just before the Underhang and had to go all the way back again), but when I finally survived the journey it felt so satisfying, hard-won, and incredibly rewarding (part of this may have been because I had to do a lot of waiting around during that run and so the rain was coming down pretty hard by the time I was trying to do very precise jumps to get into the shelter, which made it really tense!).

I also love the atmosphere in this region. The lighting is amazing, I got super creeped out when a Daddy Long Legs ate one of the orange lizards, and standing out in the open as one of them passed right by me so that I wouldn't make a sound and get noticed was really scary, haha!

However, I was shocked to see that Daddy Long Legs can travel through tunnels between rooms. I saw this happen twice, but didn't really believe it until the second time. Are they supposed to be able to do this?
Wolvered
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: April 09, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »

However, I was shocked to see that Daddy Long Legs can travel through tunnels between rooms. I saw this happen twice, but didn't really believe it until the second time. Are they supposed to be able to do this?

Welcome in the fabulous world of animals with tentacles that can fit where you really don't expect them to fit!
GenerateUsername()
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: April 09, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »

Welcome in the fabulous world of animals with tentacles that can fit where you really don't expect them to fit!

Shocked The world never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for sharing!
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: April 09, 2017, 10:37:35 PM »

Hello, could we have news about the PS4 patch ?
cartel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: April 10, 2017, 04:31:17 PM »

Smiley played it and still going, I'm at the garbage wastes again after meeting moon (didn't eat the neurons) and am searching for the five pebbles, really love this game so far although sometimes the ladder-shaped climbing poles can be VERY frustrating cause you'll keep climbing on the side rails.

the animations are enchanting.

If you don't mind can you reveal to me some of the technical parts of how you achieved this soft body animation? I'm super jealous and I hope to implement something similar in my project.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6809 on: April 10, 2017, 09:11:52 PM »

PS4 patch should be going up this week! It takes a bit longer than Steam, as we don't have direct access to the codebase it has to go through porting and then Sony's cert process. Also we'll have a GOG version this week as well.

Crispy75
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6810 on: April 11, 2017, 12:32:01 AM »

If you don't mind can you reveal to me some of the technical parts of how you achieved this soft body animation? I'm super jealous and I hope to implement something similar in my project.

If you go to https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=search and search "animation" by user "JlJac" - Show results as messages, you'll get loads of info from this thread.

EDIT: no you don't. aargh search here is awful!
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: April 11, 2017, 08:50:06 AM »

PS4 patch should be going up this week! It takes a bit longer than Steam, as we don't have direct access to the codebase it has to go through porting and then Sony's cert process. Also we'll have a GOG version this week as well.

Thanks !!

Finally made it to Shaded Citadel through Garbage Wastes, after I ate one "neuron" - if that's what it's called - of the little alien, and my yellow helper left me all by myself. Didn't have any clue if or,  how I could repair my mistake. Way too cryptic for me.
crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: April 11, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »

So is there any chance of slugcat beeing a playable hero in Quake Champions?
Deity Link
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: April 11, 2017, 03:18:55 PM »

Fell out of bounds in this screen while holding scarab. Steam version.
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: April 11, 2017, 05:39:15 PM »

I wish I could go back in time so that I could experience the different parts of this game for the first time forever...
Deity Link
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: April 12, 2017, 03:00:36 AM »

Still can't properly run the game on my laptop, it freezes after the splashscreens and before the menu appears.
It runs fine on my tower PC though. Both are using the patched Steam version, on Windows 7 64 bit. My laptop has 8GB of RAM and an intel i7 proc.
insaneinside
Level 0

think critically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6816 on: April 12, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »

Still can't properly run the game on my laptop, it freezes after the splashscreens and before the menu appears.

You might try adding -force-d3d9 as a command-line argument (right-click on the game in Steam, Properties, Command-line arguments) — I needed to do so for different reasons.
Finbonne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6817 on: April 12, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »

Hey is the sandbox mode going to be in the post release content?  It just sounds like the absolute cooliest thing ever, being able to see how all the creatures you found interact with eachother  would be crazy with all the dynamic creatures inthis game.
Finbonne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6818 on: April 12, 2017, 02:36:44 PM »

Hey is the sandbox mode going to be in the post release content?  It just sounds like the absolute cooliest thing ever, being able to see how all the creatures you found interact with eachother  would be crazy with all the dynamic creatures inthis game.
Im always thinking of cool scenarios and it would be amazing to be able to play them out.  Like seeing how a scavenger group would do against a daddy long legs or seeing how long you can survive agaisnt a crazy amount of centipede!
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: April 12, 2017, 05:07:22 PM »

So, why do the Lizards have no reliable food source in most open air environments? It seems like more often than not, you are the only reliable source of food for them, and you are the only Slugcat around. I was kind of expecting another, more plentiful prey creature.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic