Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 01:04:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations(FOUND) Artist to redo art for small, nearly finished game [playable, video]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: (FOUND) Artist to redo art for small, nearly finished game [playable, video]  (Read 2224 times)
stevesan
Level 3

Experienced coder, n00b designer.

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »

Dear artists,
Are you looking for a small, fun project to complement your portfolio? Help us finish our small browser game - we need the art to be completely redone! It's a 1v1 rhythm game with a twist, check it out:

GAMEPLAY VIDEO
(Apologies for the low quality video)

PLAY the prototype in-browser
It's 2 player, but it's fun to play against yourself, and we're adding
a "survival" mode with AIs.

We're almost code/design complete, and we're aiming to wrap up in about a month. So, we don't expect the art to take more than a week or two (part time), and then a week or two more of iteration/tweaking. We will be releasing the game for free online, but we will share any ad revenue, etc.

I am personally a very experienced programmer (game portfolio here, academic research website), our designer Josh has designed many indie board games, and our musician Mark (soundcloud) is a grad student at NYU in music tech and he did all the tracks already in there in 48 hours (originally this game was made for the Global Game Jam at NYU - we won for Best Audio).

We expect you to be professional and respectful of deadlines. And of course, to produce cool art! We don't expect this game to set the world on fire, but it's a fun little game and it would make a solid portfolio piece for every one involved. Please let us know if you're interested in joining us! If yes, please send us your portfolio (email stevenan at gmail dot com), and we'll go from there.

Cheers and thanks for reading,

--Steve
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:19:00 PM by stevesan » Logged

Angelbait
Level 1

SCARY!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:18:52 AM »

I saw this in a collab video of you guys while it was being worked on.  Good work over there man, this is a really fun looking concept.  I would have bugged ya for the opportunity to do the art if I felt I had enough experience!

Looking forward to this games completed product!  Grin Toast Right

Current: Cows With Guns           BLOG/TWEET/FB
stevesan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 06:54:30 AM »

I saw this in a collab video of you guys while it was being worked on.  Good work over there man, this is a really fun looking concept.  I would have bugged ya for the opportunity to do the art if I felt I had enough experience!

Looking forward to this games completed product!  Grin Toast Right

Haha in the NYU video? I'm barely in there but Josh has some camera time.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »

Haha, I was the artist for another team at the same jam. I would do this, but I'm a bit busy ATM. Would you be able to design your own art style or would it have to resemble the previous...?

stevesan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »

Haha, I was the artist for another team at the same jam. I would do this, but I'm a bit busy ATM. Would you be able to design your own art style or would it have to resemble the previous...?

W0rd up - that was my first jam and I think I got pretty lucky with my team.

We're working with mooosh now, but thanks for the interest. Hit me up later if you're free and want to start up something else, maybe we can find some common interest for a new project.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic