Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 08:03:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLightgame (Working Title)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lightgame (Working Title)  (Read 621 times)
somin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:01:52 AM »

Hi there Smiley
This is a pet project I've been working on for the past, well 4 years i guess :X
Its obviously not as far as is could have been after 4 years. I took some breaks from development but always went back after a while, so the project is still alive Smiley

As I have very limited time beside my regular job this might be a very slow updating Log Smiley

So first of all here is a small video of where I'm at:

The plans for this game changed quite a bit in the course of the development. At first it was going in a puzzle platformer direction with a heavy emphasis on light, mirrors and stuff. At the moment it only survived as a gimmick because it just didn't feel right. It didn't have the weight it needed.
Then it went to something of an Ico in 2d, an idea I have not yet abandoned but I think it will be quite hard to execute properly with an AI that does not annoy but looks lovable and such.
At the moment I'm quite at a loss of to which direction I wanna push this. Maybe something more Zeldaish with item puzzles.

Technical stuff:
The Graphics engine I'm using is HGE (http://hge.relishgames.com/)
Coding is done in c++
Leveleditor is basically "ingame" written by myself.

comments, critiques and feedback always welcome Smiley

cheers

@sominklein      WIP Story Exploration Game      WIP Weltenformer      Done CLIMB
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic