Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 06:44:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking to Collab with Programmer for Stealth Game [REVSHARE]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking to Collab with Programmer for Stealth Game [REVSHARE]  (Read 766 times)
habadash
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

From my Devlog:

Gameplay Overview

The game is a Story driven, two dimensional, sidescrolling platformer with stealth, puzzle, investigative, and infiltrative elements.

Think Paper Mario, minus the turned-based combat. Like Paper Mario, the game features clever little puzzles that involves things like flipping switches, extinguishing lanterns, and distracting/incapacitating enemies.

The game is a stealth-based side-scrolling platformer that requires strategy, combat, and simple puzzle solving in order to progress through the game's various levels.

Environmental factors such as light, sound, and smell affects the player's level of 'stealthiness'. For example, if the player stands near a lamp, steps on broken glass, or smokes a cigarette to increase his health, the player will become more detectable to the enemies around him. Thus, strategy and puzzle solving comes into play when the player must decide the best way to avoid being detected. In some situations, flipping a light-switch may be the best way to get passed a guard, but in another situation, killing the guard will be safer.

The game will include equipable items to help the player with different obstacles. A slingshot will help with shooting out lights and killing enemies, a flashlight will improve visibility and illuminate traps, a knife will allow the player to cut interactive ropes and wires, and etc.

Current State

Link to devlog:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35114.msg925448

--------------------------------------------

I'm looking for a programmer to collabroate with. My area of expertise is art and this project is proving to be a little more work than I can handle by myself. I've been coding in Game Maker, and would prefer to continue to do so.

If you're interested or have any questions please drop me a PM!

AlvinGahan
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:26:16 PM »

From my Devlog:

Gameplay Overview

The game is a Story driven, two dimensional, sidescrolling platformer with stealth, puzzle, investigative, and infiltrative elements.

Think Paper Mario, minus the turned-based combat. Like Paper Mario, the game features clever little puzzles that involves things like flipping switches, extinguishing lanterns, and distracting/incapacitating enemies.

The game is a stealth-based side-scrolling platformer that requires strategy, combat, and simple puzzle solving in order to progress through the game's various levels.

Environmental factors such as light, sound, and smell affects the player's level of 'stealthiness'. For example, if the player stands near a lamp, steps on broken glass, or smokes[/color] electronic cigarettes to increase his health, the player will become more detectable to the enemies around him. Thus, strategy and puzzle solving comes into play when the player must decide the best way to avoid being detected. In some situations, flipping a light-switch may be the best way to get passed a guard, but in another situation, killing the guard will be safer.

The game will include equipable items to help the player with different obstacles. A slingshot will help with shooting out lights and killing enemies, a flashlight will improve visibility and illuminate traps, a knife will allow the player to cut interactive ropes and wires, and etc.

Current State

Link to devlog:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35114.msg925448

--------------------------------------------

I'm looking for a programmer to collabroate with. My area of expertise is art and this project is proving to be a little more work than I can handle by myself. I've been coding in Game Maker, and would prefer to continue to do so.

If you're interested or have any questions please drop me a PM![/color]
[/u]
Seems like very exciting game.. Were you able to complete it? Can you share some link of the game?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:11:04 AM by AlvinGahan » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic