Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 09:01:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTime Trouble Team - Cooperative roguelikeish overhead shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Time Trouble Team - Cooperative roguelikeish overhead shooter  (Read 834 times)
Jeck
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2013, 08:50:26 PM »

Time Trouble Team

The Goal

I've decided to build a game this month. The goal is to have a completely playable and somewhat polished game at the end of the month. Not feature complete, mind you, but gameplay should be locked down and a lot of the basic polish (menus, options, tutorial) in. At the end of the month I'll evaluate the game and determine where to go from there.

The Gameplay

The design plan is to build a cooperative overhead shooter with roguelike elements (procedural generation, possibly permadeath). I've got some solid ideas on specific gameplay, theming (time travel!), etc, but it's still far too early to lock them down yet. Well, except the time travel. Because time travel is awesome.

Current Progress
I've got collision detection up and working and some basic player movement.

Please ignore the prototype art. Gameplay first, art later.

So yeah. This was day one. Wish me luck.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:09:22 AM »

Good job, especially for one day's work! Good luck!

Jeck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »

Well, it looks like the goal of having the game locked down by the end of the month was... a little optimistic.

I spent the first two weeks putting together an ideal entity component system and then the next two weeks working on networking stuff. So, right now I'm basically in the same spot as I was above, but I've also got some very basic networking support in.

So yeah. This month I plan to stop futzing with engine coding and focus on the game itself. We'll see how that goes.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic